Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

And something about Mountain Dew. That turned out...different.

Thanks for letting us non-Flashers see, too.

Nice pictures of....it.

You're welcome. I forgot that the software wouldn't turn that into a link for the mobile version.

• Like 1

Nice pictures! Wish we could fly over the wall and beg for clues from those construction workers! ;) Oh and by the way I saw KI tweet you earlier. cx

Thanks. I decided to have some fun with the "through the fence" shots this time around. I was actually surprised by that tweet. I use the mobile app Foursquare to check-in at each ride, and that account gets mentioned everytime someone checks in there (Foursquare is designed to be very appealing to businesses), so I guess he saw that I was checking in all over the park and decided to say hi :)

I've been using Foursquare for years now and this is the first time he's tweeted at me :P

Haha, I've used 4sq at Kings Island a couple years ago, and it just ran my phone dead, leading me to a boring, very agonizing four hour ride home.

• Like 1

Nice pictures of....it.

And the tower was removed from the construction site because of the illegal importation of Mountain Dew within the Kings Island gates. As we all know KI is a Coke park.

• Like 6

First of all while Mountain Dew is the nectar of the Gods Coke is way better than Pepsi. Secondly Off topic discussion in this forumn, like BBi said, is simply us passing time before the ball drops (that was well said). I personally belive that this will be a giga with a different layount than DB to keep it fresh as these new guys in chare are more coaster oriented. Second most likely is dive to me but I have super few posts and only a gut feeling and tiny bit of evidence to go on so take it with a grain of salt. I will drink my adult beverage and read this thread every night for entertainment.

• Like 3

One thing is for certain, this thread is getting interesting. I enjoy checking it out almost daily when I have the chance.

I just realized I forgot to see what was going on out in Batavia last Thursday when I was out that way. I may swing past today to see if there's anything new within the last few days.

Nice pictures of....it.

And the tower was removed from the construction site because of the illegal importation of Mountain Dew within the Kings Island gates. As we all know KI is a Coke park.

Was any Heinz Ketchup found on the premises?

• Like 1

At FUN, only KI is showing signs of something being constructed for 2014. So far.

Oh, what FUN it is to ride in a one-horse open sleigh (Timberliners?)

In 2014? In Spencer County, Indiana?

Good luck with that.

no kidding. 4 years for testing...how did Mt Olympus have Hades 360 Timberliner up and running so fast if it really takes that long?

Or, if you believe what Paula has said, the trains simply aren't being delivered in time to complete testing. Latest official word, from Paula via the HoliWood Nights Facebook group, is that more testing of the Timberliners will commence following the conclusion of the daily portion of the 2013 operating season, when they have time to do so.

I'm holding out a sliver of hope that we'll get them eventually, possibly even for Halloween Weekends this fall, but at this point I'm thinking that it's unlikely we'll ever see them.

• Like 1

I'd be willing to bet that Holiday World was/is much more concerned with the long term effects on the trains and track than Mt. Olympus is.

perhaps...I think a lot of the drive to make them work may have been lost with Will. There have also been plenty of other distractions lately as well.

• Like 1

I watched the pov of Intimidator at Carowinds, and it has some of the same triangle footers as the one that has been poured at KI. I watched a few other BM pov's on different types of coasters made by BM, and I only saw them on Intimidator. Check out 1:24 in the video.

I'm still trying to figure out what's horrid about the commercial. Then again, I'm an Anglophile of long standing. Monty Python, anyone?

And I see no resemblance between it and that truly pathetic Magnum commercial.

You know, Terp, you remind me of my favorite English teacher from my High School years.

• Like 3

I watched the pov of Intimidator at Carowinds, and it has some of the same triangle footers as the one that has been poured at KI. I watched a few other BM pov's on different types of coasters made by BM, and I only saw them on Intimidator. Check out 1:24 in the video.

I feel like building a coaster like Intimidator would be too similar to Diamondback.

• Like 1

From what I can infer from that video, it would appear that the trianglur footers (around the 1:24 mark) would have only 1 connection point to the track directly above. If I'm looking at the recent pictures of KI, it would appear that the triangular footer has 3 connection points, perhaps for a turnaround coming out leading to the lift hill where you'd support the track passing over head, as well as the tracking circuling back below.

I will just be happy to see something new next year. As with most of you, I am speculating a coaster because of the footers, but then again you never know. My hopes are for a nice big coaster with great capacity; a people eater like Vortex and Diamondback.

• Like 3

Whatever this may be, I really want to see lot's of theatrical effects. A good soundtrack, with elements of sound throughout the ride, and lot's of theatrical lighting. LED's are really becoming cheaper and cheaper, and the technology is utterly amazing in what you can do with them. A few automated lights could really make the whole experience.

• Like 9

Whatever this may be, I really want to see lot's of theatrical effects. A good soundtrack, with elements of sound throughout the ride, and lot's of theatrical lighting. LED's are really becoming cheaper and cheaper, and the technology is utterly amazing in what you can do with them. A few automated lights could really make the whole experience.

Effects? Soundtrack? Where do you think this new attraction is going - Disney?

Don't believe me? - Give Backlot Stunt Coaster a try. Heck, if it weren't for the fact tat it NEEDS waterr to make it work, Race For Your Life Charlie Brown would operate dry!

• Like 6