Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

As much as I love Intimidator, Diamondback is nearly the same.

I watched the pov of Intimidator at Carowinds, and it has some of the same triangle footers as the one that has been poured at KI. I watched a few other BM pov's on different types of coasters made by BM, and I only saw them on Intimidator. Check out 1:24 in the video.

I feel like building a coaster like Intimidator would be too similar to Diamondback.

1:38- triangle Footer Multi support connection points.

This was to point out that BM uses these triangular footers on their larger coasters, not that I think we are getting an Intimidator clone.

Whatever this may be, I really want to see lot's of theatrical effects. A good soundtrack, with elements of sound throughout the ride, and lot's of theatrical lighting. LED's are really becoming cheaper and cheaper, and the technology is utterly amazing in what you can do with them. A few automated lights could really make the whole experience.

Effects? Soundtrack? Where do you think this new attraction is going - Disney?

We should remove all lights and soundtracks from Adventure Express and Flight of Fear while we're at it.

The park is not Disney, but management does make an effort to maintain what they already have. Would lights on the trains similar to Gatekeeper really be out of the question? Is a lighting package really too much to ask?

• Like 5

Whatever this may be, I really want to see lot's of theatrical effects. A good soundtrack, with elements of sound throughout the ride, and lot's of theatrical lighting. LED's are really becoming cheaper and cheaper, and the technology is utterly amazing in what you can do with them. A few automated lights could really make the whole experience.

Effects? Soundtrack? Where do you think this new attraction is going - Disney?

Don't believe me? - Give Backlot Stunt Coaster a try. Heck, if it weren't for the fact tat it NEEDS waterr to make it work, Race For Your Life Charlie Brown would operate dry!

BLSC isn't a good example in my opinion. It always has been, at its core, a coaster themed to being a stunt driver on a movie studio backlot. The parts that made it more than "just" that were licensed properties - things from the Italian Job movie and the fact that the cars looked like MINI Coopers, both of which are things that CF would have to pay a hefty price for to keep. They've (wisely) chosen to spend that money other ways.

• Like 2

So with all the info gathered up so far

1.) S.O.B and T.A. were demolished in 2012 for park expansion.

2.) These signs have been up P1010636_zps9cf18cf4.jpg

3.) The name Banshee was trademarked by Cedar Fair

4.) Footers being placed in AZ

P1010685_zps09525822.jpg

P1010686_zps4921034f.jpg

5.) Many hints or diversions posted on twitter

6.) some talk about a pterodactyl

7.) Old lady working in Action Zone

8.)green Intamin track inbound on I-71

• Like 1

So with all the info gathered up so far

1.) S.O.B and T.A. were demolished in 2012 for park expansion.

2.) These signs have been up P1010636_zps9cf18cf4.jpg

3.) The name Banshee was trademarked by Cedar Fair

4.) Footers being placed in AZ

P1010685_zps09525822.jpg

P1010686_zps4921034f.jpg

5.) Many hints or diversions posted on twitter

6.) some talk about a pterodactyl

7.) Old lady working in Action Zone

8.)green Intamin track inbound on I-71

I am glad my old lady made the list. She was very sweet.

• Like 7

71s??? Green B&M track from 71N more likely, as the supports that are over there are green. We need to see some pics.

He, Big Sexy, said it was coming south on 71 from Columbus in the other thread. He also said it was Intamin square track, so, its not coming from the factory south of us.

Edited for spelling

Wow! Just to think Kings Island may get an Intamin coaster. Love it! Now if it is indeed going to Kings Island, will it be a blitz terrain hugger like Maverick/Cheetah Hunt, or along the lines of Millennium Force/ Intimidator 305? Either way...I am happy with either choice!

• Like 1

This track speculation is pretty hilarious. Just because it's going South on 71 does not mean it's going to KI.

Could be any park south of Columbus, tbh.

Besides KI and Dollywood, what other park has started Construction/ teasers of a new thrill. And if it was going to Dollywood, why would they use 71 from Maryland? Isn't that going out of the way

It's about time some sanity returned to this thread. Firstly, a lot of the "hints" that everyone have been referencing are pretty far fetched, to say the least. The pterodactyl tweet was almost definitely in relation to Dinosaurs Alive. Cedar Fair trademarks names all of the time that never get used (Stratosoar and Whyte Lightning immediately come to mind) and given the history behind the Banshee name I wouldn't look to that as being entirely set in stone as the ride's title. I rather enjoyed Don's teasing about "Dive-____" through twitter, because it's done exactly what it was meant to do. It got you all talking about it and played with the earlier dive coaster rumors. It's not meant to be a serious hint at all. Even the actual serious hints are usually false clues, remember when Cedar Point teased "Gee, See, Eye!" before Shoot the Rapids? Or when Kings Island put up posters proclaiming "Ride Sally Ride!"?

Secondly, please, for the love of Pete, stop assuming that footers have anything to do with ride manufacturers. Diamondback uses square footers for its station and transfer track, but round ones for the rest of the ride. But Millennium Force also uses round footers for most of its ride segments. And Batman The Ride, another B&M at SFOT uses square footers for all its supports. Triangular footers are used when three supports hit the ground in a close location, not because B&M or Intamin in particular like them. The footers go according to whatever is needed from an engineering standpoint. I'd wager that manufacturers have very little say in the footer shape compared to the track shape.

Which brings me to the supposed Intamin track on I-71 South. I'd first like to say that this kind of sighting happens constantly. Cincinnati has I-71 and I-75 going through it, which are two major routes for transportation in the region. Sightings of track/supports going by occur constantly. Even if it is track going towards a park for its final destination (which is not certain anyway), why does it have to be for Kings Island? There are plenty of parks that can be accessed by at some point using I-71. Besides, it would be rather peculiar for track to begin arriving at Kings Island right now anyway. Diamondback construction started much earlier than this project has, and red B&M track did not begin appearing until late July. Gatekeeper's track also arrived well after initial construction began, and its construction began much later than this. Right now, this coaster (I think it's fairly safe to say it is one) is fairly early in development, delivering track now would be quite useless.

That's just my thoughts on all this nonsense. At this point, the best thing we can do is wait and watch. Don't expect anything substantial until well into the summer, as it goes with most coasters.

• Like 27

It's about time some sanity returned to this thread. Firstly, a lot of the "hints" that everyone have been referencing are pretty far fetched, to say the least. The pterodactyl tweet was almost definitely in relation to Dinosaurs Alive. Cedar Fair trademarks names all of the time that never get used (Stratosoar and Whyte Lightning immediately come to mind) and given the history behind the Banshee name I wouldn't look to that as being entirely set in stone as the ride's title. I rather enjoyed Don's teasing about "Dive-____" through twitter, because it's done exactly what it was meant to do. It got you all talking about it and played with the earlier dive coaster rumors. It's not meant to be a serious hint at all. Even the actual serious hints are usually false clues, remember when Cedar Point teased "Gee, See, Eye!" before Shoot the Rapids? Or when Kings Island put up posters proclaiming "Ride Sally Ride!"?

Secondly, please, for the love of Pete, stop assuming that footers have anything to do with ride manufacturers. Diamondback uses square footers for its station and transfer track, but round ones for the rest of the ride. But Millennium Force also uses round footers for most of its ride segments. And Batman The Ride, another B&M at SFOT uses square footers for all its supports. Triangular footers are used when three supports hit the ground in a close location, not because B&M or Intamin in particular like them. The footers go according to whatever is needed from an engineering standpoint. I'd wager that manufacturers have very little say in the footer shape compared to the track shape.

Which brings me to the supposed Intamin track on I-71 South. I'd first like to say that this kind of sighting happens constantly. Cincinnati has I-71 and I-75 going through it, which are two major routes for transportation in the region. Sightings of track/supports going by occur constantly. Even if it is track going towards a park for its final destination (which is not certain anyway), why does it have to be for Kings Island? There are plenty of parks that can be accessed by at some point using I-71. Besides, it would be rather peculiar for track to begin arriving at Kings Island right now anyway. Diamondback construction started much earlier than this project has, and red B&M track did not begin appearing until late July. Gatekeeper's track also arrived well after initial construction began, and its construction began much later than this. Right now, this coaster (I think it's fairly safe to say it is one) is fairly early in development, delivering track now would be quite useless.

That's just my thoughts on all this nonsense. At this point, the best thing we can do is wait and watch. Don't expect anything substantial until well into the summer, as it goes with most coasters.

Why do people get angry at speculation? That is one thing I just don't get. You say that you don't understand why people are guessing and speculating for the new ride, but that is what your doing here. You don't know that the track is not going to Kings Island. None of us on this site, excluding Don, have any idea what this ride is. But, we try to guess and draw conclusions. That is what makes this site so enjoyable and this thread so popular.

I'm not trying to pick on you. I know you are a well respected poster and do not want to make you angry. Hope it didn't come off this way.

• Like 4

I'm not getting angry at the speculation. I'm a veteran of the "Rumor Coaster for 2009" thread (which I believe still holds the record for longest thread in the site's history, though I'm probably mistaken), so I've participated in my share of rumor discussions. I just think it's silly to speculate on trivial things such as footers and the like. Somewhere in here there was a conversation about Cedar Fair's buying habits and the recent tendency towards B&Ms that I thought was very constructive and interesting discussion. I think the past actions of the owners is a lot more substantial basis for speculation than the shape of footers is all. If you want me to speculate, I'd put my money on a large investment steel coaster from a reliable manufacturer with the transfer track / station area where Thunder Alley once stood. If you want me to tell you what I wish for, I wish for a B&M Invert or Wing Rider, though the latter is apparently not an option. I'd love to have a Raptor or Montu at Kings Island. Actually I'd really love to have a Thunderhead at Kings Island, but this is pretty clearly not a woodie.

^On a side note, good to see you're back :)

I suspected that 2013 would be similar to 2008 for Kings Island and started lurking again when things got interesting in Action Zone. I just one-offed that post to try and help steer the discussion toward a more reasonable path, and will probably go back to lurking some more.

• Like 10

Why do people get angry at speculation? That is one thing I just don't get. You say that you don't understand why people are guessing and speculating for the new ride, but that is what your doing here. You don't know that the track is not going to Kings Island. None of us on this site, excluding Don, have any idea what this ride is. But, we try to guess and draw conclusions. That is what makes this site so enjoyable and this thread so popular.

I'm not trying to pick on you. I know you are a well respected poster and do not want to make you angry. Hope it didn't come off this way.

The reason why the poster is getting "upset" is the same reason why I am getting "upset" as well. People are seriously stating that they know for a fact that mthis ride is from a certain manufacutor strictly because of the shape of a few footers on the ground. The poster is absolutely correct we need to chill and wait for more substantial clues. We have gone through nearly 2000 posts and have really not discussed anything substantial. Is it fun to speculate? Yes. But is it fun to listen pass off their speculation as fact? No... This gotta have the info now mentality is beyond frustrating. Just chill and watch what happens instead of trying to predict the future...
  • Like 3

^On a side note, good to see you're back :)

I suspected that 2013 would be similar to 2008 for Kings Island and started lurking again when things got interesting in Action Zone. I just one-offed that post to try and help steer the discussion toward a more reasonable path, and will probably go back to lurking some more.

That's pretty much what I've been doing; reading, listening, thinking, and giggling on occasion.

• Like 9

The reason why the poster is getting "upset" is the same reason why I am getting "upset" as well. People are seriously stating that they know for a fact that mthis ride is from a certain manufacutor strictly because of the shape of a few footers on the ground. The poster is absolutely correct we need to chill and wait for more substantial clues. We have gone through nearly 2000 posts and have really not discussed anything substantial. Is it fun to speculate? Yes. But is it fun to listen pass off their speculation as fact? No... This gotta have the info now mentality is beyond frustrating. Just chill and watch what happens instead of trying to predict the future...

It's been a "slow news day" on the forums as of late!

• Like 4

Hey guys! My first post here, but have been reading these posts basically from day 1 of this thread and have actually learned a lot. Through reading this thread i have noticed one option that has almost been completely ignored. What if there was a coaster being relocated between Cedar Fair or outside of cf parks. Do we know of any rumors of a removal of any coasters? I am only saying this b/c we really don't know what company or type of coaster we are getting for sure yet.

• Like 4