Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

After watching POV's of Floorless coasters I really hope we get one it would be a nice addition, plus it adds a new type of coaster to KI Giga coasters are just bigger versions of Diamondback not that its a bad thing I love DB but it's time for something new at KI.

Absolutely! I couldn't agree more.

I have no idea why anyone would want a forceless b&M looper. Lift, drop, vertical loop, dive loop, zero g, cobra roll, interlocking cork screws. The standard floorless b&m.

No offense, but I have no idea why anyone would want a B&M giga. Lift, drop, hills, curves, hammerhead, more hills and curves, brake run, more hills and curves, then back to the station. Let's face it - except for the speed and a little extra airtime, a giga is nothing more than a glorified hyper. It's time for Kings Island to get a full-circuit major steel coaster that actually has some inversions we don't currently see on any coaster at the park....an inclined loop, zero g, dive loop, and Immelman.

• Like 1

Former Cincinnati Reds pitcher and Reds Hall of Fame member Tom Browning will be available to meet park guests, sign autographs and pose for photographs Monday, June 10, from 1:00pm to 2:30pm at the Reds Hall of Fame Grille.

The exciting news on facebook doesn't pertain to the construction.

• Like 3

If it does not cost much maintenance wise to keep Vortex running it will be here for years. The general public loves it. I am sure stunt track cost a fortune to maintain. Tear that POS down there and put up a floorless or invert. Does not take up to much room.

Paramount still peeves me off to this day with their crappy rides based on crappy movies. Carowinds got a b&m invert and a vekoma flyer while we got tomb raider the ride, IJST, face/off, SOB(I liked it) and really that's about it. Really Delirium and SOB was the only things Paramount did that was worth a crap.

Paramount spend over 20 million on that tomb raider POS and probably with maintenance over 100 million on SOB.

If it does not cost much maintenance wise to keep Vortex running it will be here for years. The general public loves it. I am sure stunt track cost a fortune to maintain. Tear that POS down there and put up a floorless or invert. Does not take up to much room.

Paramount still peeves me off to this day with their crappy rides based on crappy movies. Carowinds got a b&m invert and a vekoma flyer while we got tomb raider the ride, IJST, face/off, SOB(I liked it) and really that's about it. Really Delirium and SOB was the only things Paramount did that was worth a crap.

Paramount spend over 20 million on that tomb raider POS and probably with maintenance over 100 million on SOB.

Flight of Fear? Drop Tower? Area-specific music? Nickelodeon? Nights of Fire? None of that was worth anything?
  • Like 5

A premier spaghetti bowl launch coaster. Very original. Give me Joker's jinx at six flags any day. So annoying to be in line at KI and the lights go out in the que and everyone screams.

... You have it, but with the added thrill of a storyline, an awesome queue line, music, and disorienting lights and placement. Not sure what your point is. That it doesn't need those things? That's your opinion, but I thank God we have it as we do. It's what sets Kings Island apart.

• Like 9

I just don't see Vortex being around mucg longer. It is approaching 30 years old. How many 30 yr old Arrow steel coasters do you see around anymore.

I see 73 Arrow coasters still operating that are over 30.

http://rcdb.com/r.htm?nm=na&ex=1&co=6835&st=93&ot=2

I think he meant corkscrew coasters like Vortex.

If so, there can't be too many.

Corkscrew at Cedar Point is 37 years old this year. And they are many other older Arrow coaster coasters still in Operation. As long as they are maintained they can last quite a long time. Vortex will be around for many more years to come, unless it becomes a nightmare to maintain. That was one of the reasons why King Cobra went bye bye, it was costing too much to maintain, I know for a fact they would do welding work to the track of King Cobra on almost a daily basics.

I hope they don't just reveal what is going to happen. We should at least get some corny clues first.

Eh....I'm too old to care about all this teaser stuff. Personally I'd rather they just go ahead and tell us. I've never understood the desire to make people wait for a huge announcement when there is clearly construction work taking place. Is there a reason why parks do that?

Did you guys really expect news pertaining to the new ride this early in the season?

No, not directly. But when you hear the word "exciting", a former Reds player signing autographs isn't exactly the image that pops into your head. I think what I was expecting was something along the lines of "What will leave you screaming and begging for more next year? Visit Kings Island on [insert date] when we reveal the latest thrill that will have people running for cover." Something like that.

• Like 1

Back in the early 30's when both the Empire State Building and the Chrysler Building were being constructed, the final height of both buildings were kept secret until the last moment. The builders of the Empire State Building added on the spire at the top to give it the title of the highest building in the world and beat the Chrysler to that distinction. The same might be with parks. They want the bragging rights over what might be the longest, highest, or what ever record might be for the year. Hence, they delay the announcement as late as possible to create even more hype and interest.

• Like 3