Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

How much do you think all of this is for the roller coaster versus the revamp of AZ? We know it's coming, just how big and how different will it be?

I think AZ is going to be revamped but in fazes by loosing the "paramount" factor throughout the whole Action Zone

1.)Invertigo makeover

2.) Announcement to the destruction of S.O.B. in late July

3.) The announcement that thunder ally was removed for park expansion

4.) The removal of the water tower

5.) the bright repainting of Flight Deck

6.) new coaster (don't speculate my prediction)

After the new coaster, I believe that we will see a lot more changes to Action Zone.

• Like 2

A premier spaghetti bowl launch coaster. Very original. Give me Joker's jinx at six flags any day. So annoying to be in line at KI and the lights go out in the que and everyone screams.

First LIM coaster in the world, you're right - the FoF coasters were very original.

• Like 2

Scream Baffles Ohio Town

Posted on Sunday, August 21 - 2005

mystery_scream_ohio.jpg

An unusual and noisy mystery has people in a small town north of Middletown on edge, worried and asking questions, News 5’s Brain Hamrick reported.Liberty, Ohio, is a quiet little community, except for one thing -- the scream. Jamie Young told Hamrick she heard it while she and her husband were walking one evening. “It scared me. I didn’t want to finish my walk,” Young said. But instead of running into her house, she said she recorded the noise and sent a tape to the local newspaper.

With a sensitive microphone and some special ghost-hunting goggles, Hamrick went hunting for the haunting sounds, traipsing boldly into the most likely spots -- from a graveyard to an old church where flea market dealer Walt Wilson sells some truly frightening things. But he’s not worried. “I don’t think it’s going to wind up grabbing any of us and running off with us,” Wilsonsaid. Residents have no shortage of ideas about what’s making the sound, from cats to owls to something even scarier. Townspeople said they called in an animal expert, who told them the noise didn’t come from an animal. So for now, the scream remains a mystery.

KIC Star Member

• photo-5084.jpg?_r=0
  • Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 1,286 posts

Where is channel 36 from? I saw two people with cameras and news shirts by DB today.....

(intamin track on south i71 columbus

post #61)

Could these two things be related?

• Like 1

My friends of the 21st century, we live in a world where an answer is a click away. Let's get really serious about this, there is NO way that something of this caliber can stay under wraps for the rest of summer. Of course we will be seeing construction throught the summer, but there has to be some way of finding out what's going in, think hard my 21st century friends.

Well it seems as though they intend to keep yellow a prominent color in the area. Both bathrooms have been repainted yellow,and as was pointed out to me they repainted Invertigo but left the large sign in front yellow and the loading station is also very yellow.

well Vortex will survive as long as they can keep it from sinking..... Vortex is a signature ride but it will leave when it costs too much to maintain...

Just curious? How is Vortex sinking? It seems like it's on solid ground?

well Vortex will survive as long as they can keep it from sinking..... Vortex is a signature ride but it will leave when it costs too much to maintain...

Just curious? How is Vortex sinking? It seems like it's on solid ground?

Same way Magnum has been sinking for years. The ground is eroding.

Just to clarify, The Vortex is not sinking. But it tends to be a very popular rumor because of how the ground below the ride is lower than the pathways I guess.

Sometimes sarcasm is hard to pick up online... :P

Sarcasm is strong with this one

• Like 2

My friends of the 21st century, we live in a world where an answer is a click away. Let's get really serious about this, there is NO way that something of this caliber can stay under wraps for the rest of summer. Of course we will be seeing construction throught the summer, but there has to be some way of finding out what's going in, think hard my 21st century friends.

Public records request in Mason...?

• Like 1

While riding Diamondback yesterday I realized something; I really wouldn't mind a bit if the new coaster is exactly like Diamondback.

To expand on this, I would prefer an exact clone of Diamondback rather than a lot of the other possibilities here. It would have to be a ride like Storm Runner, Maverick, or Millenium Force/I305 to convince me otherwise as of right now.

I would have went for a Rocky Mountain Construction wood and steel hybrid, or any woody for that matter, but that doesn't seem to be an option.

• Like 1

Public records request in Mason...?

Yeah! Another piece to the puzzle. Has some one check that out yet?

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet (probably has) but I'm in the park and hadnt been around FD yet, but passed by the construction fence just now. I also noticed some "no camping" signs. This leads me to hope the new ride is Bigfoot themed!

This is my first post and a little off topic, but I was reading an article about that scream thing, and it said that it sounded like a Bigfoot scream...

I don't know about brick and mortar, but it was found earlier the only help the Warren County website has to offer is the cost of the foundation (footers and the like), which was something like $250,000

I wonder how that compares to the cost of the foundation elements for Diamondback.

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet (probably has) but I'm in the park and hadnt been around FD yet, but passed by the construction fence just now. I also noticed some "no camping" signs. This leads me to hope the new ride is Bigfoot themed!

This is my first post and a little off topic, but I was reading an article about that scream thing, and it said that it sounded like a Bigfoot scream...

If you're referring to the News 5 story, it mentions the noise is being heard in a small town north of Middletown. I really doubt the screams are related to a teaser for the new coaster, because Kings Island is about 15 miles southeast of there.

And the story was done in 2005.

Grrreat. I should have noticed that. Once again I feel like a complete idiot and utterly useless moron.

So if you'll excuse me, I need to go crawl back into my hole and never show my face again. I'm so embarrassed right now.

• Like 1

And the story was done in 2005.

Grrreat. I should have noticed that. Once again I feel like a complete idiot and utterly useless moron.

So if you'll excuse me, I need to go crawl back into my hole and never show my face again. I'm so embarrassed right now.

No big deal m8. You are being a bit harsh on yourself.

• Like 2

^Cute. My nickname at work used to be "Groundhog". Probably because I was always hiding in my office during meetings.

No big deal m8. You are being a bit harsh on yourself.

Nah...I'm just being a little dramatic. I do feel stupid, yes, because I usually catch things like that. But not that stupid. ;)

• Like 7

Part of me believes we are getting a B&M, then, the other half of me thinks that we are going to be completely shocked at what we truly will be getting. I think the latter is more plausible. Construction has started quite early, something big, something hard to build. Last time construction had started this early The Beast was expecting, and bore a son. Now, we are back into the circle of life. Something is going there, something big, and something mean. Wood? Steel? I don't think we'll be able to tell until we're told.

Let's see how far this rabbit hole really goes shall we?

• Like 7

Part of me believes we are getting a B&M, then, the other half of me thinks that we are going to be completely shocked at what we truly will be getting. I think the latter is more plausible. Construction has started quite early, something big, something hard to build. Last time construction had started this early The Beast was expecting, and bore a son. Now, we are back into the circle of life. Something is going there, something big, and something mean. Wood? Steel? I don't think we'll be able to tell until we're told.

I really hope I wasn't the only one that had that song play through their head...

You make it sound as if Diamondback construction only took a few months; Diamondback started land clearing the last day of the 2007 season. Not to mention the Antique Cars closed mid-June of 2004 to begin preparations for Backlot Stunt Coaster (then Italian Job).

The more thought you put into it, the more your mind will start to wander. After awhile, you're overthinking this thing. I know I am personally guilty of this whether it be studying Kings Island on Google Earth for hours, or digging through threads like The Italian Job: Stunt Track.

It seems that your first instinct is the same as mine, that this is a big B&M. If not that, then what?

My second guess would be a big Intamin. Third guess would be some kind of looper, B&M again more likely than Intamin, and all others considered after those two.

At this time, I am not giving any thought to this being made of wood, too soon after SoB to build another woody in it's place. Nor am I considering this to be a Top Thrill/Kingda Ka type ride, since Cedar Fair already has one in Ohio.