Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Neither the ride formerly known as Top Gun or the ride currently known as Invertigo are 30 seconds long.

They are 1:52 & 1:30 respectively.

That said, your opinion of what is a waste of money is another's dream ride, first ride, or simply still fun for many of us.

Correct. There are some that would say Diamondback is a waste of Money.

• Like 2

Invertigo is a family coaster? And it's more than 30 seconds long.

So than why are we considering Italian Job a family coaster? And if you really want to classify a roller coasters length, I think fairly you can't count the lift hill. That's why The Beast is 5 minutes long...

So than why are we considering Italian Job a family coaster? And if you really want to classify a roller coasters length, I think fairly you can't count the lift hill. That's why The Beast is 5 minutes long...

You do know that pretty much every coaster information site ever includes the lift hill(s) both in physical length and ride time...right?

Plus for many people, going up the lifts are part of the experience, creating anticipation for the first drop.

• Like 3

Why all the moaning? Upstaging people on irrelevent coaster facts is why I cannot stand coaster enthusiasst.

Yet you troll on a site just for enthusiasts....

That's why The Beast is 5 minutes long...

Beast is 4:10.
What ever, you know what I mean
Actually, no. I do not know what you mean.

Exaggerating facts for a personal opinion does not help the discussion.

• Like 7

Oh to be a young amuesment park enthusiast. The older you get, the less important these facts are to you. It may make you feel unique or part of a group now, but you'll later realize that it's all trivial. So, you spouted some piece of information to a guest and they were impressed. Or, you felt like an insider because you talked about something with a park employee. Once your life's focus turns to paying bills, keeping your job and making sure you can survive on your own, the thrill of knowing these things dies.

• Like 7

Maybe because BLSC has a 48" height restriction and is 40mph, while Invertigo has a 54" restriction, goes 50mph, has three inversions, lifts you up to 131ft. and has 5G's?

And who gives a crap about length? Top Thrill Dragster is an amazing coaster and it's not even 20 seconds long!

• Like 4

your life's focus turns to paying bills, keeping your job and making sure you can survive on your own, the thrill of knowing these things dies.

I hope you can have happiness return to your life.

Grumpy-Cat-1.jpg

Anyway, somewhat back on topic. Is that little shack below Son of Beast's station a gas pump?

your life's focus turns to paying bills, keeping your job and making sure you can survive on your own, the thrill of knowing these things dies.

I hope you can have happiness return to your life.

Grumpy-Cat-1.jpg

Anyway, somewhat back on topic. Is that little shack below Son of Beast's station a gas pump?

Air compresser I believe.

A couple of weeks ago it looked like grass seed and hay had been blown over nearly all of SOBs footprint from the opposite side of the valley onward.... That being said....I went to the park this evening (no camera/still charging) grass is growing, but it looks like a little bit of activity is going on in a small portion of the rose bowl area. It almost looks like three or four footings/footers.

This attraction may be going into the valley and following the old SOB treeline to a turn around at the bottom edge of the rose bowl.

Also the trees behind the tunnel on Adventure Express have been cut down and hauled away, leaving a wide open space.

Rode Adventure Express and the trench that was going down into the valley has been smoothed over. (only saw it for a split second).

More survey flags but nothing going further than the hillside, from what I could see.

Hope someone with a telephoto lens can get some good pictures.

• Like 3

A couple of weeks ago it looked like grass seed and hay had been blown over nearly all of SOBs footprint from the opposite side of the valley onward.... That being said....I went to the park this evening (no camera/still charging) grass is growing, but it looks like a little bit of activity is going on in a small portion of the rose bowl area. It almost looks like three or four footings/footers.

This attraction may be going into the valley and following the old SOB treeline to a turn around at the bottom edge of the rose bowl.

Also the trees behind the tunnel on Adventure Express have been cut down and hauled away, leaving a wide open space.

Rode Adventure Express and the trench that was going down into the valley has been smoothed over. (only saw it for a split second).

More survey flags but nothing going further than the hillside, from what I could see.

Hope someone with a telephoto lens can get some good pictures.

Great analysis upstop!

Air compressor shelter if I am not mistaken.

Can't remember this exact structure, but we may not want to rule out a generator either.

8931478477_4040ff987b.jpg

I'm guessing he's referring to this one just because it's the closest tunnel to the construction, near to the old TA construction area (where flag markers have recently appeared), and has trees by it in this old photo.

EDIT: Upstop beat me to it. But hey, I finally guessed something right!

• Like 1

PROJECT 2014 IS NOT A WING COASTER!

Old news.

The green track at the Ohio manufacturing plant is probably not relevant to Kings Island, so it'd be advisable to just throw that idea out the window.

Is it another Mega Coaster? Let's not forget Cedar Fair was maladroit enough to build two B&M Mega Coasters back-to-back in Canada's Wonderland.... so anything is possible with this companies inane thought process....

station_overview.jpg

Forgive the large picture, I couldn't save it and crop it down to show just the shack.

• Like 1

I was thinking that too, thecrypt.

Also, it may not be related, but several trees near the covered entrance to Adventure Express, left of the queue line have been cut down, and when you look to your left as you get to that part you can see the flags where footings are being dug behind slingshot. This ride may either go over AE or as we are thinking, AE may be removed....I hope it remains.

• Like 1