Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

From the topic thread that was closed about the "Banshee" name rights being held by Cedar Fair now, I just wanted to say that what I said is true about the name not wanting to be used in the past for what we now know as Mantis, due to the words meaning.

Even RCDB says so, which is a credible source.

http://rcdb.com/7.htm

"Etymology: Initially, Mantis was to be named "Banshee". In Irish folklore, a Banshee is a female spirit whose wail was said to foretell a death in the family. After this definition was printed in a local newspaper, the "Banshee" name was dropped in favor of "Mantis". The original "Banshee" logo would later come to be that of Dorney Park's Steel Force."

Just wanted to clear this up. I make sure I do some reserach before I go posting stuff like this.

Anywho... :)

The death in the family of rollercoasters at KI was SOB. :P

• Like 3

there just isn't enough land to build a good invert where thunder alley and king cobra were. Raptor,montu,etc, all take up way more space. it would not use the SOB land because it would have to drop down into that valley and inverts are never designed to go that far out and back.

there just isn't enough land to build a good invert where thunder alley and king cobra were. Raptor,montu,etc, all take up way more space. it would not use the SOB land because it would have to drop down into that valley and inverts are never designed to go that far out and back.

You are completely clueless.

• Like 3

You are completely clueless.

Notice how i said GOOD invert. there is enough room to build a "sleeper" like PATRIOT though. Maybe you are the one who is clueless. Just explain it to us then professor.

• Like 1

Patriot is far from the suggested sleeper with which you are calling it. And I was referring to your remark about how they are never designed to go that far back. Have you seen Alpengeist? It uses the terrain quite well actually. B&M does do custom layouts for parks.

• Like 3

Patriot is far from the suggested sleeper with which you are calling it. And I was referring to your remark about how they are never designed to go that far back. Have you seen Alpengeist? It uses the terrain quite well actually. B&M does do custom layouts for parks.

I've ridden Alpengeist, and it does not utilize the terrain in a way where it drops into a 60 foot valley, goes through inversions, and then has the speed to get back up and out of it and back into the station.

a coaster with inversions, would that mean a death to Vortex possibly ( not because its sinking)...But maybe KI will get 2 kiddy rides, also to bump up the rides in that area, and possible a water park attraction?? I don't think this will be a one coaster show only:

Dumb question........what is the difference between Diamondback and Leviathon? I follow KICentral...quite a bit.....and I love all of the speculation! Can't wait to see what we get.......I just don't know a lot about the different types of coasters.

There's a first for everything, right? Who knows...maybe KI is building the worlds tallest, longest, and fastest invert.

I've ridden Alpengeist, and it does not utilize the terrain in a way where it drops into a 60 foot valley, goes through inversions, and then has the speed to get back up and out of it and back into the station.

There's such a thing as a second lift hill.

There's a first for everything, right? Who knows...maybe KI is building the worlds tallest, longest, and fastest invert.

There's such a thing as a second lift hill.

or perhaps a LAUNCH up out of the valley!!! :lol:

^ Or they could simply build a coaster that utilizes it's momentum in a way it could make it back up to the station even if it utilizes a ravine drop.

Like Phantom's Revenge.

• Like 1

Dumb question........what is the difference between Diamondback and Leviathon? I follow KICentral...quite a bit.....and I love all of the speculation! Can't wait to see what we get.......I just don't know a lot about the different types of coasters.

Diamondback is all about negative g's, forces that lift you out of your seat. Leviathan is not only taller and faster, but it has a higher focus on speed and turns as well.

There is still green intamin track that could be close to ki.

Give it a rest.
  • Like 8

I haven't seen it mentioned on here but I'm sure it probably has been. (Sorry i didnt want to go through almost 90 pages to check.) I saw in a trip report from ohiocolts a sign hanging from a tree that says "no camping". I know it's probably just a diversion but when I see this along with the "bone-chilling screams" sign I can't help but think of well The Beast. I seriously doubt that any ride would be in The Beast lineage after the bad press of SOB. But I know I can't be the only one that thought this.

• Like 1

Somewhat unrelated, but doesn't the Incredible Hulk ride at Islands of Adventure count as a launched B&M?

Hulk is a launched B&M but the system was not designed by them.

The ride does not use LIM's but instead uses tires for the launch. Quite an amazing launch that I need to do again soon.

EDIT: Someone already beat me to it!

Edited by Andrew

we will know when track starts showing up that should be in the next month or two

You're very confident in your posts.....Since you seem to know, Can you tell me what day to go to KI to see the track show up in the "next month or two"?

We would all love to go watch...

(TheBEASTunchained.....Trying to avoid posting in this topic...)

I guess I'll just sit back and start watching again....Where's the popcorn?

Indeed, I am now well aware that Incredible Hulk uses a launch system not designed or implemented by B&M, but the fact remains: it is indeed a launched B&M and as such no matter what this coaster is, it will not be the first launched B&M.

First coaster with a B&M designed launch? Maybe.

I never claimed it was going to KI, just that I saw intamin track. Get your facts straight brother. as far as we know it could be in a storage wharehouse KI rents to store stuff.

The best thing about trolls: ignore them long enough and they always step on their trolling manhood.

There is still green intamin track that could be close to ki.

• Like 6