Facebook Comments

jdawg1998

I tried looking for the Kings Island Facebook comments thread, but I couldn't ... if anybody can help, please tell me if it's still on the site somewhere.

I wanted to post this funny comment on that thread, but...

Anyways, this was a comment on the post about Kings Island being closed today for a private event:

Are you SERIOUS! My family drove 4 hours and rented a hotel last night and now get up this morning getting ready to head to the park and read this! What a waste of a LOT if money! Thanks Kings Island !

How about you look up the hours before going? The amount of complaining on this post is outrageous.

Any other Facebook comments, post here.

• Like 5

I found another one ...

Fine, it's "always closed" the sunday after opening day, but we don't go to King's Island, ever, so how could we have known? It seems very dumb to close the park opening weekend, why would we have checked if we didn't know this was a normal thing? and this year we were finally going to get passes, and we drove all the way up there to get them, and then couldn't. Wasted gas, wasted time, and we were really bummed about it. We probably won't get passes now, and they probably lost a bunch of customers like us, too.

Why don't you LOOK AT THE HOURS?!

• Like 4

It's kind of a no-brainer that if you're going to go to a park, look to see when/whether they are open. It's not the park's fault if you don't take the time to look at the obvious first. Way back in the day before everything was posted on the net, I could understand. In the modern world - it's your own fault.

• Like 1

I found another one ...

Fine, it's "always closed" the sunday after opening day, but we don't go to King's Island, ever, so how could we have known? It seems very dumb to close the park opening weekend, why would we have checked if we didn't know this was a normal thing? and this year we were finally going to get passes, and we drove all the way up there to get them, and then couldn't. Wasted gas, wasted time, and we were really bummed about it. We probably won't get passes now, and they probably lost a bunch of customers like us, too.

Why don't you LOOK AT THE HOURS?!

Actually, they could have gotten passes today. Pass processing was open during park hours.

I remember guests going on the weekend that P&G buys out the park and saying they knew noting about it and that it was not fair. I would just have them go talk to Guest Services regarding it. Now if they come from hundred miles away or more, then I can feel for them, which is why I have them speak with GS. But for people that live within the tristate area, I do not. P&G has been having P&G Dividend Days at the park since 1972 and I am sure at Coney Island prior to KI. People need to check the web site, just as they check the weather conditions for the day. It is the same with the Sunday after opening day weekend. Always check the hours on the web site, which says the park is closed for a private event.

I found another one ...

Man, that's all the more reason to check hours. Sort of living in KI's vicinity, its easier to know the parks seasonal habits, (opening weekend, P&G weekend and such) coming from out of area should double check. I checked SWC's hours, this time of year its shorter days. I always check Knott's even though I usually have a good idea on what's up there when it comes to operating hours but still never hurts to check.

Although I do agree that it's irresponsible to come all this way to KI and not check the park schedule in advance, I also agree that it's kind of annoying that KI closes to the general public the Sunday of opening weekend. It's like, it's been closed all season and then they open one day and then rent the place out. I know there have been years that I would've liked to have went that Sunday but couldn't. I checked the park schedule and knew it was closed, but it was still annoying. I feel like they should wait until at least a week or 2 into the season to start renting out the park and closing to the general public. I feel like the entire opening weekend should be for the general public to enjoy. However, this is just my opinion....and I'm not complaining, just making a statement :D

• Like 2

My only experience with something similar was about 7 years ago when El Toro opened at Six Flags Great Adventure. My wife and I were staying in Allentown, PA, and decided randomly to drive to SF to check out the park (quite a hike from where we were staying).

We get to the park, and the parking lot sign says "Closing at noon for El Toro's media day".

I felt like Clark Griswald.

Now, we had checked the website that morning, and there was no announcement made at all. When we got to the park, they were passing out free "come back tomorrow for free" passes to everyone who showed up, and we got a handful of skip the line passes, which we used on Nitro.

Yea, if you're making a substantial trip, how can you not check the schedule?

"But if last weekend NewRideX was open for CompanyY, then we're not really the first riders! That's not fair!" Gatekeeper, anyone? Sometimes you can't win.

Not the First Public Riders.....because truly any of the media day riders/G.P./First Ride Auction riders/first riders on Opening Day are not the true first riders...you've got the Manufacturer Reps that have ridden it, park officials who have ridden it, ride hosts who have ridden it, etc. So it's never really "fair."

My favorite response was- "sorry folks, parks closed. The moose out front shuda told ya." :-D

I thought it was originally a bear, now I believe it is a beagle, or a T-Rex?

Ok, it's not Facebook, but it's close. On Instagram, one person posted a picture of Riddler's Revenge; they even went as far as putting it in the caption of the photo. All the comments, however, all say it's Vortex, Reptor at Cedar Point, or The Incredible Hulk.

Come on, people. Can you at least read a caption?

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

This isn't on Facebook, but YouTube. It's from a video of The Smiler at Alton Towers. The guy was replying to someone whose comment I cannot find.

Bradley newson@ face it, this roller coaster has 14 loops and most American roller coasters aren't even scary, they are just fast. Yes British ones always breaks records cus they are WAY better!

It got 11 thumbs up.

• Like 2

Oblivion is scary?

Give me a break.

Have you actually been on Oblivion? I haven't; I'm just honestly curious. I can see some scare factor in dropping straight down into a hole in the ground.

...and then coming right back up into daylight and boom! it's over.

• Like 1