Facebook Comments

jdawg1998

Yes, but isn't Drop Tower just dropping straight down and then boom! it's over? Oblivion's the same idea in coaster form, except it uses the terrain.

Drop Tower is 300 ft tall...Oblivion is 180.

And what does Top Thrill Dragster do?

Terp, who likes to ask questions.

Top Thrill Dragster is 120mph and 400ft. tall.

This isn't a comment, but I think it's funny how Cedar Point has 500,000 more likes than Universal Orlando. Does anyone else think that's funny?

And yes I realize both are very popular, but Universal is a competitor to Disney World and Sea World and is located in the 4th most populated state in America.

More fun comments...

Why do they choose to do the fireworks so close to The Beast that they have to shut it down for 20-25 minutes? The Beast is the most popular coaster for riding at night and KI shuts it down and traps their customers under a wooden structure while they go off. So you are faced with the choice of seeing the fireworks or riding The Beast at night. What a horrible choice.

Uh, because that's where they've always done them?

Come on Cedar, remodel the entire park except FoF,Diamondback, and beast, you guys own Cedar Point!!...You guys for sure have potential to make it so much cooler and have better rides..not saying make it Cedar Point but at least make it better!

Remodel the entire park except for three coasters? That could get expensive! "Much cooler" and "better rides"? Surely there's something else besides those three coasters that this person finds cool and/or worth riding.

And perhaps the strangest one I've seen so far...

why is it okay that a sex offender can get a gold pass?
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Lol.

My ex took my son today to your park with a cooler full of organic food and water. He was told he couldn't take it and I ended up with a dehydrated little boy. Water fountains around? It's hot! My 5 year old shouldn't have to hike around to chug out of a fountain, he should be able to bring a bottle of friggin water with him! Also, you WILL NOT prevent me from bringing food specifically for him when loads of studies show that fast food causes health problems. If you want ppl like me and my sisters and family going to your park EVERY year, you had better lay off. I will bring my son later this summer and I will be admitted with his food and water.
Ever heard of Holiday world? Cross me and I'll go there. Last 4 years of me, my husband, kids, mother, sisters, niece and family will be lost to you as well as any one else I whine about this to

The policy states you cannot bring outside food and beverages into the park! Why can't people understand that? And you can get drinks all around the park!

• Like 4

Lol.

My ex took my son today to your park with a cooler full of organic food and water. He was told he couldn't take it and I ended up with a dehydrated little boy. Water fountains around? It's hot! My 5 year old shouldn't have to hike around to chug out of a fountain, he should be able to bring a bottle of friggin water with him! Also, you WILL NOT prevent me from bringing food specifically for him when loads of studies show that fast food causes health problems. If you want ppl like me and my sisters and family going to your park EVERY year, you had better lay off. I will bring my son later this summer and I will be admitted with his food and water.
Ever heard of Holiday world? Cross me and I'll go there. Last 4 years of me, my husband, kids, mother, sisters, niece and family will be lost to you as well as any one else I whine about this to

The policy states you cannot bring outside food and beverages into the park! Why can't people understand that? And you can get drinks all around the park!

This is the same person who will then blame the park for not having security because their personal belongings were taken by thieves.

Just think: this lady is all concerned about food & water. They obviously must have a cooler. Why not just keep it in the car like other thrifty park guests?

• Like 1

Seriously people...Wow

You can't bring water in, yeah because how do I know it's water, and also not housing anything dangerous.

Two just leave your cooler in the car, and come out to get what you want. Hell I usually leave after lunch to have my food coma in the air conditioned car and pass out for about 30-40 minutes...

People these days, makes you loose all faith in humanity

Lol.

This is the same person who will then blame the park for not having security because their personal belongings were taken by thieves.

Just think: this lady is all concerned about food & water. They obviously must have a cooler. Why not just keep it in the car like other thrifty park guests?

Or why not right outside the gate near the picnic tables? That's where we always put our cooler and nothings ever gotten stolen from it...

It's also very convenient. :)

I am VERY upset! I understand canceling the show if there is a storm, but you announced the cancellation at around 7pm. It's just sprinkling! We didn't do any other fireworks shows for our kids because we planned on being at yours!! We can't come tomorrow night. You don't advertise a big event and get people to make reservations, and pay all that money, and then just *decide* to reschedule!! There was no reason to NOT do a fireworks show. I understand the 'no refund' and 'depending on weather', but you made the call way too early! Very bad management for an establishment like this!!!!!!

"It's just sprinkling."

I guess that one inch of rain we got happened because it was sprinkling.

"You don't advertise a big event and get people to make reservations, and pay all that money, and then just decide to reschedule!"

Yeah, because Kings Island knew what the weather was going to be like in the future.

"There was no reason to NOT do a fireworks show."

Well, maybe the fact that it was raining, and no one was at the park today.

• Like 2

Guest Department47

Why do they choose to do the fireworks so close to The Beast that they have to shut it down for 20-25 minutes?

Uh, because that's where they've always done them?

They may have always shot the fireworks off from there, but they didn't always suspend the coaster's operation for 20-25 minutes because of it.

• Like 3

From what I've learned, fireworks are cancelled due to very low clouds, hitting just 400 feet above ground.

Low clouds indicates a chance of storms and other miscellaneous weather related issues.

They were simply going with what's safe.

Fortunately for me, the fireworks a half a mile down the road still went on, didn't even have to leave my front porch.

• Like 1