Tomb Raider: The Ride, the Sequel?

coasterrz

I picked up a park map while I was at Fear Fest last night. When I got home and was looking at the map I came upon the listing for Tomb Raider: The Ride and this is what it said : "Tomb Raider: The Ride The Sequel- Experience a longer and more thrilling adventure as mystery and mayhem collide in an epic battle of fire and ice." Now I did not ride Tomb Raider last night, and I highly doubt that they changed the program on it this late into the season. But, could this be a hint that next year TRTR will have a new program? Did anyone else notice this in the park maps?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing as HUSS is supposedly coming in to work on TRTR over the off season, I'd find it very possible that they are reprogramming it. Also, it'd be wise on their part to market that. Disney does for Tower of Terror each time it receives a new version, I believe they are on 4 right now(the only version I've experienced)which was very good, and randomized! Very good indeed.

According to maintenance, PKI is waiting for the okay from HUSS to adjust certain specs on the ride in an attempt to fix most of the ride's major problems. Going along with this is, supposedly, a new program for next season. If this is all true, I don't know how much of a change the new program will be, the new program's purpose is to end the sudden stops the ride makes. Even with special brakes, this type of ride is too big to be forced to "stop on a dime."

I haven't seen a park map lately, but if that is what it says, then that just confirms everything maintenance told me. As of now, though, everything on the ride is still the same.

With that on the map, that would explain what several guests said when they got off the ride tonight. Several guests said that the ride was different when they last rode it in 2003, that the ride now has more flips. They are full of crap, as the ride has not changed, but if they read that on the map, it would give them the impression that they were going to experience something different.

BLASPHEMY! No really, it does have a few dull moments if you don't understand the incomprehensible story of the ride. The only reason I enjoy the ride as much as I do is because I made up my own story for the ride that seems to flow nicely with the action. I just wonder if the actual story of the ride will be enhanced with the new programming, or if the program will completely destroy any trace of a story element.

I picked up a park map while I was at Fear Fest last night. When I got home and was looking at the map I came upon the listing for Tomb Raider: The Ride and this is what it said : "Tomb Raider: The Ride The Sequel- Experience a longer and more thrilling adventure as mystery and mayhem collide in an epic battle of fire and ice." Now I did not ride Tomb Raider last night, and I highly doubt that they changed the program on it this late into the season. But, could this be a hint that next year TRTR will have a new program? Did anyone else notice this in the park maps?

Does anyone happen to have a park map on them that they can post an image of the new TRTR revelation. It's not that I don't believe it, I just can't wait until Saturday to look for myself. Plus, knowing how forgetful I am, I'll most likely just forget about it all together this weekend.

I got it. Sorry the image is so crummy. I don't know why my scanner did it that way. But here it is!

The text says:

TOMB RAIDER: The Ride The Sequel - Experience a longer and more thrilling adventure as mystery and mayhem collide in an epic battle of fire and ice. (Please, no food, drink or smoking inside the cave. No carry-on items permitted)

user posted image

Has anyone road the ride when it breaks down?? yeah i'm talking no speical effects a dark room and your spinning around... I got to expirience this once... and I will say it was probably the best ride I had on TRTR... Maybe they got the clue that since it's always broken that they should just go with teh flow and call it the sequal... or not?!?!

Mod Edit: Use of Employee Park Operation Code.

Edited by Dan

• 1 month later...

This Ride Was Sooooo Cool When i rode, it on my second visit, i didnt ride it on my first, due to it being down, then up then down then up then down for the day, then back up, then oops down again, sorry PKI is closed!

LOL, but wow, it was fun, the X-Treme Seat Rocks, the one in the second row on the right side, near the entrance, with nothing in front of you! WOW!

WOHOO I AM A PKI-LOCAL!