Windseeker?

BlackLabelRules

I went to KI twice last year during the Haunt and for opening day this year. All three times WindSeeker was not operating. Is KI having problems with this ride. Yesterday I saw a worker wearing climbing gear coming out of WindSeeker's tower. I assumed he was doing early morning checks to make sure everything was in operating condition. They even has the swings raised to the top of the tower, but they weren't turning. I just find it odd that this ride hasn't been functioning each time I was there.

Well, that comment I made about WindSeekers not being ready until June on another thread...forget it now. :wacko: KD and CW's WindSeekers being open seems to change EVERYTHING...

However, if state laws are the only thing keeping WindSeeker from going ATM, I honestly expect both KI's and CP's to open at the same time or at least around the same time, ie within a week of each other.

Seemed to go all the way up to me...looked up while riding, was at the top. For whatever reason, though, didn't seem that the seats were swinging as far out as in the past.

Stayed at the top for longer cycle too.

Well, there is a gap now between the very top and where it stops. My simpleton theory is this. You know how blinds are hard to lower if they are all the way up? Maybe it's the same thing with seeker and this will prevent them from "sticking" at the top. I wonder if the other seekers are the same way.

• Like 1

There's no difference in how high it goes. I looked at the tower while riding yesterday and saw the exact same amount of light blue below the ride unit that I remember seeing in the past. The gap between the ride unit and the top of the tower has always been there; it's never gone all the way to the very top of the tower.

• Like 3

On windshawne's note about the blinds that is hilarious by the way,

Further supporting jcgoble3's claim:

KI_WindSeeker_012.JPG

To which I ask, how high does the ride "gondola" actually rise to? How high are the riders actually off the ground at that point?

The way that the promos/commercials made it look, it made the riders look to be at 301 feet, not whatever they actually are.

As you see the gondola rise in the promo, the word 301 Feet rise with it, giving the impression that the riders are going to 301 feet.
http://youtu.be/ZALCgXCW_Bc?t=8s

Anyway, YAY to it being back open!

• Like 1

To which I ask, how high does the ride "gondola" actually rise to? How high are the riders actually off the ground at that point?

The way that the promos/commercials made it look, it made the riders look to be at 301 feet, not whatever they actually are.

As you see the gondola rise in the promo, the word 301 Feet rise with it, giving the impression that the riders are going to 301 feet.

http://youtu.be/ZALCgXCW_Bc?t=8s

According to Mondial's website, Wind Seeker (yes, the model name has a space, unlike the ride names) is offered with heights of 65 and 100 meters. The 65 meter height is obviously still theoretical, but 100 meters converts to 328 feet, which makes it plausible that the tower is actually 328 feet tall, and 301 feet is the height to which riders are taken.