Skylab question

ohiougrad95

Skylab was a Huss Giant Enterprise. Only 2 other parks besides KI ever installed them. One of those being at Paramount's Canadas Wonderland. That version still remains today, however it will be removed at the end of this season for the addition of their "Italian job" coaster.

PKI removed their's because of astronomical operating/maintenance cost. It's hydraulic arm would often fail, and require replacement. The cost of maintaining it far outweighed it's appeal. So viola... it was ripped out and scrapped.

It sat idle for 1 1/2 seasons before it was removed.

Shaggy

• Like 3

(I would much rather a new flat have been installed in the former SKylab location, than what is currently there. Anyone agree?)

Who's up for a Huss Jump2? Then PKI would be the first park to have all of the non-water rides in the Huss Giant Rides category!

A S&S Power Sky Swat would be cool too, but there's no way it would fit in that spot.

• Like 1

Why, thank you!

Those Bush banners, as well as other things to help our president get re-elected can be found at www.georgewbush.com/wstuff.

But yes, any flat ride would be great (especially a Jump2). biggrin.gif But keep in mind, they need somewhere to relocate the scooters! It'd be a shame to see them removed!

That's what I thought. That they would move to the Flight Commander platform. But I talked to some ACEr during the Fall Freak Out who said he did not think that they would put them there. But the whole thing is a rumor. Nobody knows for sure.

Would the fliers fit on the old Flight Commander platform? It doesn't quite look big enough. But then again, I didn't actually climb up there and look. It would be cool to put them there because the platform itself is elevated, so when the cars were in full swing, you would be pretty high.

Oh well, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

So Mt. Flight Commander has all the necessities to build a ride there; A queue house, all da hookups, even a booth, but lets look at some considerations for building a ride there (for Sh*ts and giggles), shall we?

1) Surroundings. Ok, so you try to build something big on that spot, whats around it? Racer, midway, that stupid Laser Tag thingy, and games on the other side. Really, theres no room to expand for anything spectatular unless you remove the games (I know some people who wouldnt have a problem with the nix on the speed pitch) or the laser tag, which is outside contracted and raking in some bucks. Dont think thats happening.

2) Queue. The queue origonally ran into the center of Flight Commander. Now, theres a cinderblock wall. So the queue has no way to get into the ride area. Modifications are in order.

3) Looks. If the park would put something small and nostalgic into that spot, would it fit into the area? A lot would say yes, a lot would say no, but for me, I dont know. I cannot imagine something in that spot at the moment, but who knows?

Oh and there is a basketball game, Simon Says Simulator, and a plush warehouse where Skylab used to be.

• Like 1

• 11 years later...

Skylab was a Huss Giant Enterprise. Only 2 other parks besides KI ever installed them. One of those being at Paramount's Canadas Wonderland. That version still remains today, however it will be removed at the end of this season for the addition of their "Italian job" coaster.PKI removed their's because of astronomical operating/maintenance cost. It's hydraulic arm would often fail, and require replacement. The cost of maintaining it far outweighed it's appeal. So viola... it was ripped out and scrapped.It sat idle for 1 1/2 seasons before it was removed.Shaggy

Seems like anything with "GIANT" and "HUSS" should be avoided by parks.
  • Like 1

Skylab was a Huss Giant Enterprise. Only 2 other parks besides KI ever installed them. One of those being at Paramount's Canadas Wonderland. That version still remains today, however it will be removed at the end of this season for the addition of their "Italian job" coaster.PKI removed their's because of astronomical operating/maintenance cost. It's hydraulic arm would often fail, and require replacement. The cost of maintaining it far outweighed it's appeal. So viola... it was ripped out and scrapped.It sat idle for 1 1/2 seasons before it was removed.Shaggy

Seems like anything with "GIANT" and "HUSS" should be avoided by parks.

Has Delerium been a problem? It's a Huss Giant Frisbee...

• Like 3

Skylab was a Huss Giant Enterprise. Only 2 other parks besides KI ever installed them. One of those being at Paramount's Canadas Wonderland. That version still remains today, however it will be removed at the end of this season for the addition of their "Italian job" coaster.

PKI removed their's because of astronomical operating/maintenance cost. It's hydraulic arm would often fail, and require replacement. The cost of maintaining it far outweighed it's appeal. So viola... it was ripped out and scrapped.

It sat idle for 1 1/2 seasons before it was removed.

Shaggy

Their Giant Enterprise is still operating was it relocated in the park?