Something New Coming (Not in SOB's Area)

TTD-120-420

Cedar Fair CEO, Matt Ouimet, was recently quoted saying that there would be changes coming to the fountains of the former Paramount parks. He said they would start at Canada's Wonderland. Well, here are the changes:

47~0.JPG

48~0.JPG

50~0.JPG

49~0.JPG

All pictures are from cwmania.com (http://www.cwmania.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=56398#p56398)

The bottom has been painted black, and new fountains have been put in place.

This will most likely be coming to Kings Island in the coming years.

Thoughts?

the statement you just made should be considered blasphemy.

I can deal with that. :)

I dig it, what can I say? I love the fountains, but if anything could change, it's the color.

It's like the gym teacher you had in the 80's finally getting some khakis and trading in his teal corduroys. Are they hip in their own right? Sure...but change can be a good thing. Embrace it.

• Like 6

the blue is relaxing but something about the black makes the pool look deeper. Also, probably much easier to keep clean in the long run. The blue showed dirt, where I think the black will hide it a bit more.

Plus, its not like they are ripping the fountains out.

• Like 1

I mean the main style of the street. It has always had the same vibe to it. I'm thinking of it from my perspective I think. Since I was a kid its always been the way I see it now, being 24 now I love looking at the area and remembering some of the good times with family and friends over the years.

The fountain itself is just Iconic to me though, I see no reason to take away something that recognizable to almost anyone who has visited.

I guess I worded that badly, I didn't mean take away as in get rid of it, but rather change it. Not a huge fan of the black underneath, but maybe it looks better in person. Either way, as far as the fountain goes, I don't like change in that area haha.