Something New Coming (Not in SOB's Area)

TTD-120-420

This is the show at Wonderland that started this weekend. It is one of the most amazing shows I've every seen from Cedar Fair!

I just got around to watching this video, and wow. That is seriously impressive. If that sort of grandeur could somehow be coherently meshed with our International Street (i.e., something equally impressive involves the Eiffel Tower like CW's involves the mountain), I'd be in heaven. If Ouimet wants to keep people in the park after closing that's one hundred percent the best way of doing so at a park like Kings Island, in my opinion. I like the idea of Luminosity, but it would have been very Kinzel Cedar Fair to bring that anywhere besides Cedar Point. The legacy Taft/KECO parks are perfect for a fountain show like this. I could go on and on.

My only qualm: I don't love the idea of our fountains being black. I feel like there might be alternatives to that, though. Why not paint them within a few shades of TARDIS blue? (Apologies to non-Doctor Who fans--I don't know what else to call that color.) It's still a nice color for International Street during the day, but it's not light enough at night to detract from the light effects. Just a suggestion!

Oddly enough, that strongly reminded me of Paramount. Especially Tomb Raider. I don't know why. But geez, I'm so not complaining.

• Like 2

The area between the turnstyles and fountains, the tables alongside the fountains, and the area between the Eiffel Tower and the fountains. I realize sitting at the tables may mean your view of the tower would be blocked in varying amounts by the trees, but the tradeoff is that you'd have a better view of the fountains. I've never been to Wonderland and don't know a lot about it; is their International Street better for watching something like this?

^ Never been to CW so I'm not sure but it looks like they have much more space than us between the entrance and the fountains.

http://www.bing.com/maps/#Y3A9NDMuODQ4MjE4fi03OS41MjUxODMmbHZsPTE0JnN0eT1yJnE9Y2FuYWRhJ3MlMjUyMHdvbmRlcmxhbmQ=

http://www.bing.com/maps/#Y3A9MzkuMzQ1OTI4fi04NC4yNzE0NjImbHZsPTE1JnN0eT1yJnE9S2luZ3MlMjUyMElzbGFuZCUyNTJDJTI1MjBPSA==

Looks to be 50ft of space for KI and a bit more than 100ft for CW

The area between the turnstyles and fountains, the tables alongside the fountains, and the area between the Eiffel Tower and the fountains. I realize sitting at the tables may mean your view of the tower would be blocked in varying amounts by the trees, but the tradeoff is that you'd have a better view of the fountains. I've never been to Wonderland and don't know a lot about it; is their International Street better for watching something like this?

My home park is Wonderland and too be honest, the only place to get the best view is either near the front gate or the bridge in front of the mountain. You can also go to the sides of the pool and get a pretty good view (to see the entire pool you have go into the shrubs that line the fence of the pool), though your view anywhere can easily be blocked by anyone in front of you....and by all the trees that seem to hang sooooooo low.

• Like 1

Add to the atmosphere of the park, and the fountain has a "better" feeling to it at KI with the real Eiffel Tower in Paris having one. The black at CW was a good idea with the water looking a little more natural than a blue.

As for the mountain, I had forgotten about it, and looked at the pic with Leviathan's Turnaround in the background.

And what feel is it that I-Street has in 2013? Hasn't it already been ruined? All people are ever doing are taking a glance at the fountains on their way out early or crossing the park to get to other rides. They might as well add to the fountains to make people stop and enjoy something in the large space and make people want to stay later. The "stay later" attempt is something that I enjoy very much at CW and hope to see replicated here at KI and at KD. However, I don't like the Luminosity form of "stay later". A light show is great, but people who really can't sing singing hit songs is a terrible decision. All it would make me want to do is leave the area as quickly as possible.

• Like 1