Your KI Coaster Rankings

DontWantToWait42mar0

I have to separate it wood and steel. This is how the coasters fall in my overall rankings (out of 45 steel coasters and 15 wood coasters). This list will include defunct rides I've done at Kings Island.

Steel

1. Diamondback

8. Firehawk

12. Vortex

13. Flight of Fear

23. Invertigo

24. Backlot Stunt Coaster

26. Flight Deck

27. Adventure Express

39. King Cobra

Wood

1. Beast

4. Racer

11. Woodstock Express

14-15- Son of Beast (14- with loop, 15- without loop, yes, for my list, I count them as 2 separate credits)

If you want context, check my profile page under "About Me" for my full rankings.

1. Diamondback

2. The Beast (those brakes)

3. Vortex

4. The Racer

5. Flight Deck

6. Flight of Fear

7. Invertigo

8. Firehawk

9. BLSC

10. Woodstock Express

Potential Coaster 2014 (1-4)

Seems like a reasonable guess.

1) Flight Deck (can't you just tell by my Trip Reports?)

2) Adventure Express

3) Beast

4) Diamondback

5) FOF

6) Vortex

7) Red Racer

I've ridden everything at the park, but as for favorites (at least in the coasters), that's it. For personal reasons can not stand Invertigo, Firehawk or BLSC, so I'm just leaving such rides off. I also thoroughly enjoy Eiffel Tower and WindSeeker, but they aren't coasters....

Edit: this might shock a few. If SOB was still operating I would actually include that in my rankings before I would think of including Firehawk. Yes, Firehawk caused me that much discomfort last couple rides, almost as bad, if not worse than Sonny. I dunno how it is now (last time I rode Firehawk was 2010) though, but I am in no urgent need to find out. I prefer the B&M flyers.

• Like 1

Terp doesn't rank/rate coasters, with very few exceptions, but he does not love them all. The Roller Coaster at New York, New York and Ninja at Six Flags Over Georgia stand out for dishonorable mention. Absent a train change on the latter (the former is probably hopeless), he'll be happier if he never rides either ever again. See also Zamperla Flying Coasters, better seen than ridden.

• Like 1

Wow, I'm surprised how high flight deck ranks on everyone else's ranking list.

1.Firehawk

2.Diamondback

3.FlightDeck

4. Drop Tower and Delirium would take this spot but this is coasters so

Flight of Fear

5.Beast

6. Backlot Stunt Coaster

7. The Racer

8. Invertigo

9. Adventure Express

10. Vortex

• 3 weeks later...

My About Me says different (i havent had the chance to change it) but this as if right now:

1. Firehawk, I guess the feeling of almost falling out or at least feel like you're falling out is just great. Although the loading/unloading takes forever which makes the lines go slower, I will always rank this #1!

2. Flight of Fear, what can I say? I'm a fan of speed. The take off always gets me, which is why when I ride TTD at Cedar Point, it's gonna take Firehawks place.

3. The Beast (at night), if this ride isn't in your top three list, you better have a good reason IMO. This ride is crazy, I'm never disappointed!

4. Diamondback, the first hill. 'Nough said.

5. Invertigo, Drop Tower would've have taken this but it's a flat. Invertigo to me is VERY thrilling, but I can see why people find it uncomfortable at times. But I'm only 5'7 weighing at 140 pounds so I get moved quite a bit on rides.

That's my top 5 as of right now.

• Like 1

#1 Diamondback...Every drop and hill is awesome. The feeling of weightless when you dont hold on with hands or feet is priceless.

#2 The Beast....Time proven coaster, two lift hills, finale, its all great. im not a fan of most wooden, but this one is in a league of its own.

#3 Flight of Fear....The launch, the speed, the loops and turns and the darkness!

#4 Vortex....If you ride in front of the car its awesome, its thrilling got corkscrews, double loops. Cant go wrong with it.

#5 Flight Deck...Very smooth, nice G's and love the banking, only downfall is that its short.

• Like 1

1. Diamondback - The first drop>

2. The Beast - I usually don't ride it in the day because it sort of bores me, but at night it's a totally different story

3. Racer - My first "big" coaster at Kings Island that I rode

4. Vortex - My first looping coaster

5. Firehawk - The only flying coaster I've been on. I love feeling like you're going to fall out

6. Flight Deck - The last coaster I rode with my grandpa before he passed away, but I haven't been on it since

7. FOF - I don't get to ride it much, but the few times I have it was really jerky

8. Invertigo - I only rode it during ERT, it was fun but after 2 rides I was really dizzy

9. BLSC - Not really a big fan of this ride

10. Adventure Express - I used to love this coaster, but now I don't ride it much

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Diamondback

The Beast

Flight of Fear

Adventure Express

Invertigo

Flight Deck

Firehawk

Surf Dog

Vortex

Woodstock Express

Flying Ace Airel Chase

Back Lot Stunt Coaster (lame and hard for me to fit into at only 5'3 100 pounds lol)

Hope I didn't miss anything lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1