Holiday World Hotel?

If they had a hotel, thank God, because there's absolutely nothing out there besides Santa's Lodge (crappy hotel), Lake Rudolph (expensive), and the Christmas Cabins (expensive...). You have to stay twenty minutes away for a decent hotel!

If they had a hotel, thank God, because there's absolutely nothing out there besides Santa's Lodge (crappy hotel), Lake Rudolph (expensive), and the Christmas Cabins (expensive...). You have to stay twenty minutes away for a decent hotel!

Lake Rudolph is not expensive if you're willing to rough it a little bit. You can pitch a tent there for around $40/night.

20 minutes? I stayed at the Comfort Inn in Ferdinand right by the interchange when I went, and it was about ten minutes to the park.

Little pricey, but nice place. Free Wi-Fi. Santa's Lodge didn't have any internet service, at least not outside of the lobby, so I ruled that out pretty quick then. Not sure if they've modernized by now, though.

I stayed in Santa's Lodge last year for Holiwood Nights. It wasn't bad, but certaintly looked dated and the walls were pretty thin. We had WiFi, but then again we were the first room from the lobby.

Most of the complaints I read about Santa's Lodge were the price. We used the group discount for 79.99 a night and for how close the hotel was, I thought it was worth it.

Lincoln's Boyhood Home is about 4 miles away from Holiday World if some of you folk's are into camping. Its like $16 per night, lol. Quite the bargain if you ask me.

Lake Rudolph is also very nice at around $40 a night. (minimum 2 nights though)

As far as hotels go, there are some very nice hotels around.. 10-20 minutes away. lol. There is a very nice Comfort Inn about 10 minutes from the park outside of Ferdinand. And if you don't mind a 20 minute drive, I would also recommend the Jasper Inn. Its very nice. Been there quite a few times as a kid.

Now, seeing as I don't live far from the park at all, I rarely stay at any hotels. I camp more than stay at hotels. Planning a trip to Lincoln's Boyhood for Memorial Weekend actually!

As for the actual HW Hotel, do you guys think it'll actually happen? If so, where?

Not to mention the fact that, it will/would be FAR from the "affordable" category if/when it ever comes to fruition. Supply, demand, and location, location, location. See also, Hotel Breakers, Sandcastle Suites, Castaway bay, Great Wolf Lodge, etc etc etc. Maybe affordable under the old Guard, but no way under this New Order.

• Like 1