Souviner cups no longer allowed...

lance99

Are we as paying guests of Kings Island/Cedar Fair parks no longer alllowed the luxury of bringing in a souviner cup from Kings Island or another Cedar Fair park?.

My girlfriend who works at Kings Island in food service told me this information and I just want to clarify.

No one needs 32oz of soda at once, and studies have shown that large portions cause people to consume more than they otherwise would.

The soft drink industry is trending toward smaller sizes in response to government and public pressure.

• Like 3

I almost never drink bottled water. The only times I do are when it's offered to me for free (e.g. after a 5K race), there's no water fountains or other free water sources available, or when traveling (particularly camping or a long road trip). For the latter, I buy a large case of water, like the 28-pack of 500mL bottles I bought today at Walmart for $3.48 (approx. 12.4 cents per bottle). This gives me something to drink at my campsite or while on the road*, as well as something to take my nightly medication with.

*Always when stopped at a rest area. Don't drink while you're driving, even when the drink is non-alcoholic; distracted driving is as dangerous as drunk driving.

• Like 1

The only time you do want to drink bottle water is when visiting Mexico. Also drink bottle beer instead of mix drinks. Otherwise you will be like Cheech in Up In Smoke. But yes, water is free at Kings Island and just wasting your money with bottle water.

• Like 1

No one needs 32oz of soda at once, and studies have shown that large portions cause people to consume more than they otherwise would.

The soft drink industry is trending toward smaller sizes in response to government and public pressure.

Or the extra Coke ends up poured onto the ground or into a trash can. I get why people upset about not being able to reuse previous years' cups (although I didn't even know you could until this year lol) but the smaller size for a lower price is definitely a good change.

The reason I never bought on was because I didn't want to lug around a 48 ounce Coke all day at the park, but I might now with the smaller size.

• Like 2

The smaller bottles are so much easier to carry around the park. They are still big enough to share if need be. Just be careful when you order them online because we learned today that not all employees are aware of how that works. 30 minutes in Guest Relations later and we had cups. Not to mention the website boasts about getting your cup for 3 bucks cheaper than park price, yet there is a 6 dollar Service Charge when you order one. Well played Cedar Fair.

• Like 8

The only time you do want to drink bottle water is when visiting Mexico. Also drink bottle beer instead of mix drinks. Otherwise you will be like Cheech in Up In Smoke. But yes, water is free at Kings Island and just wasting your money with bottle water.

Don't forget that in mexico, even bottled beer can be in a "dirty" ice chest and get contaminated. I always wipe a mexican lime around the rim.

I'm no Mayor Bloomberg on the size of the cup (that's just gotta be flamebait) but the larger ones did melt and get deluted, warm and disgusting. That got poured out or into (gag) the trashcans where it baked until it smelled awful and drew yellowjackets. The free refills on the day of purchase is just like Carowinds and works out pretty nicely, $.99 to get a refill isn't too harsh. Guess it's time to retire the Spongebob, Maverick, and Shoot the Rapids cups!

• Like 5

And yet I see tons of people paying for bottled water. I've never really understood that. I have probably drank less than a dozen bottled waters in my life, and those were mostly given me.

At least in the area I live, it's all about fluoride.

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Risk/fluoridated-water

Conspiracy theorists believe it causes cancer. Dentists have proven it prevents tooth decay. It is believed that bottled water does not have enough fluoride to cause cancer.

I do love the irony of tooth decay & the topic at hand! :)

• Like 4

I work on Semi Trucks in a large garage with no AC, many of those trucks come in straight off the interstate in August with 100% humidity and near 100 outside temps. My boss keeps a fridge in the office that is stocked full of Bottled Water because the shop is on an old well for it's water supply. Safe to say that I have drank a WHOLE LOT of Bottled Water over the last 2 years.

• Like 1

Or the extra Coke ends up poured onto the ground or into a trash can. I get why people upset about not being able to reuse previous years' cups (although I didn't even know you could until this year lol) but the smaller size for a lower price is definitely a good change.

The reason I never bought on was because I didn't want to lug around a 48 ounce Coke all day at the park, but I might now with the smaller size.

actually the cup is the same price, and its smaller, and the refills arent really cheaper because last year they had an unlimited drink armband you could buy for 5 bucks...they dont have that now. i share the cup with my fiance and we went through twice as much as we did with the bigger cup and had to pay more for refills. were probably going to have to invest in another cup. lol

You Know, They Don't Even Have To Offer The Souviner Cups With Discounted Refills.

On The Water Issue. We Bought Bottled Water In The First Place Because The First Set Of Water Fountains We Encountered Were Hot And Tasted Weird. Water Tastes Different In Various Areas Because Of Different Treatments, Minerals, Source, Etc. If You're Not Used To The Local Water, It Can Be Unpleasant. I.e. Floridas Sulfur Tasting Water.

Also, Online It Said We Couldn't Bring In Our Own Water Bottles. We Did Eventually Find Good Fountains And Refilled Those Bottles.

We Only Had Coke When We Ate At The Reds Grille