Cool name for a coaster

SonofBaconator

I really hate to say this but I think Flight Deck is the dumbest name a ride could ever possibly be given. I probably wouldn't think it was that bad if Top Gun hadn't been such a perfect name for the ride before. I would probably call it something cooler if I could like "Take-off". But even that sounds lame. If I had a choice to name it without any copyright restrictions, I'd name it Top Gun again.

• Like 9

I really hate to say this but I think Flight Deck is the dumbest name a ride could ever possibly be given. I probably wouldn't think it was that bad if Top Gun hadn't been such a perfect name for the ride before. I would probably call it something cooler if I could like "Take-off". But even that sounds lame. If I had a choice to name it without any copyright restrictions, I'd name it Top Gun again.

How about F-14 Tomcat (Isn't that the aircraft from Top Gun?)

Thunderhead of course is one of the greatest names ever for one of the greatest coasters ever. I'll agree with most it would seem that Flight Deck is a bleh name even Carowinds done slightly better with changing Top Gun to Afterburn (though it seems I recall they did use the name Flight Deck shortly). Granted Afterburn seems like it could be sponsored fittingly by Rolaids. That would spell relief. :)

• Like 2

Have you ever absolutely loved or hated the name of a coaster? Would you ever rename a coaster? Personally I love the name Grizzly at KD. It really suits the ride since its hidden in the trees.

Why not the Ice Dragon? Or better yet PolarCoaster?

BB1 beginning to ask questions

• Like 1

I remember as a kid I thought the name "Screamin Demon" was the coolest name for a coaster and along with the logo for the ride just topped it. Would love to see that name return. The other name I love is "Griffon" , there is something that makes that name seem so powerful that is works great for a massive coaster..

• Like 4

Everyone knows how much venom is in the bite of Diamondback.....

Could you handle the bite and burning venom of offspring?.......

Last time there was offspring of a monster at Kings Island it decided not to behave, Are you ready to handle this?....

2kiqhl.gif

New for 2014 at Kings Island, BabyBack! The tallest, fastest, meanest, baddest coaster ever to slither the earth.

Just remember, The Banshee was only a snack.....

• Like 8

I don't understand the name Mantis. The name is cool but there isn't much to the ride that relates back to an insect.

Personally, I feel Banshee would have been a much better fit.

Isn't the new coaster (cough, cough) at KI gonna be called Banshee?

While deep in thought, I tried to fathom what a new KI coaster might be called. Maybe it'll come to me in my sub-conscience.

• Like 1

Personally love the name Screamy Meamy( Or is it Screamy Meany? ) in National Lampoon's Vacation. If you ask me that would be a perfect name for the finished project 2014. ( Of course don't expect anyone to ask me.)

I don't understand the name Mantis. The name is cool but there isn't much to the ride that relates back to an insect.

Personally, I feel Banshee would have been a much better fit.

Personally,I feel the Nutcracker would have been a better fit. I loved King Cobra but I will never ride Mantis again,unless double dared or called a chicken!

I think "The Beast" name ought to be left alone, it is an iconic ride and no more sequels need to come off of its legacy. If the park wanted to it could rename everything after this ride, lets say Flight of Fear is now The Beast Within or Firehawk is now Flight of The Beast. Making sequels is just confusing to people who aren't coaster fans. The other day at work, one of the girls said "Yea I loved The Beast but did you know they tore it down". Took me twenty minutes to get her to understand that she never rode Son of Beast and that is the one that went down.

• Like 4