SAVE THE SCOOTERS!

TheSnapper

The flying eagles are rumored to be removed after the 17th of Oct!!! We can't let this happen because the ride has been in the cincinnati area for over 70+ years! If Paramount would do such a dumb thing like this I don't know why they would. We are a family park and yet we tear down 2 great family rides for a coaster! Thats really stupid. So Sat and Sun 16th,17th we are having a petition to be signed throughout the day so please sign it and show your love and supposr for this amazing one of a kind ride.

THANKS>>The Snapper a.k.a. Brandon

Mod Edit:Capslock you duesch

Edited by stephenmayes

When making the petition. Make sure you spell everything right and use correct grammar. If you do what you did in that post they'll laugh at you and throw it out.

Not to mention it's rumored to be going to another park so they won't keep it anyways.

Seriously people, the decision is done. This can not be suddenly undone. PC has already started marketing Scooters as a new ride for 2005 and its a little late for them to order a new set. What are they going to do, not have a ride they are marketing. Change is happening, adjust to it and continue on. It is not the end of the world.

I will be sure to sign the petition. But please make sure everything is spelled right, and that it is written professionally.

I do not think it will do any good. Its PPs property, and they can do with it as they please. The right of petition is a federal right, and companies are not by any means required to do what petitions say. The best advice is to enjoy your final rides on the scooters this weekend.

The new coaster will be cool. I only hope PKI will add some more young people rides. Rides that cater to people too old to ride anything in HB, and too young to ride Duhlee or DZ. We need some more flats to cater to this audience (8-12). Monster, Troika and Scrambler is all thats left, and in a way, they are all variations of the same thing (rotation), as was scooters. But we need some good rides for those who think Atom Ants Airways and Yogi's Sky Tours are gay, but are unable or not allowed by their parents to ride the big flats.

But like I said, I will sign, and I encourage anybody else who likes the fliers to sign also.

I cannot believe this. At the beginning of the season, everyone was like,"I hope PKI gets a coaster in 2005." Now that we are getting a coaster, many of you are like,"How could PKI get a coaster to replace tiques and scooters?" This is crazy. I enjoy the scooters as much as the next person, but LET IT GO! IJ:ST in 2005! The park is moving foward. Can I get some LOVE?

When making the petition.  Make sure you spell everything right and use correct grammar.  If you do what you did in that post they'll laugh at you and throw it out.

Thanks, Tanner--always a good suggestion, and one that is frequently missed.

My personal grammar pet peeve is the whole there/their/they're thing, as in:

"The Flyers are over there, but they're moving them to Carowinds. After all, it's their ride to move as they see fit."

wink.gif

Joel

I don't wish The Beast will be removed. Quite the opposite in fact. The Beast is awesome. I'm just saying that Paramount has this mind set that they need to make these movie themed rides, and I wonder where they are going to draw the line. The Racer sparked the "golden age" of roller coasters. It is a classic. No movie themed ride could ever replace it. And I don't even need to say anything about The Beast. The stupidest thing PKI could do - stupider than revoking all season passes and removing the parking lot - would be removing The Beast. It would be suicide as a company and as a park. It is what PKI is known for. You say PKI, and people think - The Beast.

So I just hope Paramount is intelligent in where they draw the line with being a movie themed park, and having great rides. We will never be a Cedar Point, and the worst thing PKI can do is try to be.

I believe that the petition is a good idea, and would sign it if I was able to visit the park. For those saying that it will go nowhere, think of it like voting. Change will not happen if you dont make your voice heard.

Oh, and yes, people want a new coaster, but on the 300+ acres not built on would be nice biggrin.gif

I hate to say this but its true. Its no use. The park is not going to change there mind. The ride is gone. If your going sunday then be respectful and do not protest or b**** and moan the park has basically said its outta there hands. So please be respectful and kind and enjoy the ride 1 last time.