Windseeker removal

KIFan1

They are prototypes which were installed across all CF parks and thus, prone to unforessen problems. There have been modifications to them made over the last two seasons (additional brackets on the swing arms and now new evac platforms) but as of now, all WS are functional save for Knotts, which is still down.

• Like 2

Really?

And people wonder why sometimes this place is seen as less than welcoming. Do you have similar tests before you accept someone as a friend?

The test itself and the person who did it is well meaning and fine. But as the price of admission here? No.

Many of our best posters grew as writers and discerning people here. How many would we have lost with this nonsense?

Let me add that I can think of at least two of our posters here that can't spell well, make many grammatical errors, etc. And their insights are brilliant, their thoughts unique, their enthusiasm and love of Kings Island unbounding. I, and many others, adore these guys and am very glad they are here.

If they and their thoughts are not welcome here, who is? Perfectly stated thoughts always in compliance with the TOS aren't going to be found even on a linguistics forum (and I belong to several, some where I post far more frequently than here).

I have one last question. The original poster. How do you think he feels about now? Are we proud of ourselves?

Amusement rides.

Kings Island.

FUN.

Friends.

That's what this place is supposed to be about.

• Like 33

I suppose Terpy is right, to a point. With the buzz that the new coaster will bring, will likely see an influx of new folks here.

That said, I would think that it would be common sense, regardless of where one would post, regardless of what site, topic, etc, to put a wee bit more thought into your first topic than this...to start with "I heard", a topic beat to death, one sentence, we're already 0 for 3.

I certainly don't feel I did anything over the top in voicing my displeasure.

• Like 1

I have had more than One moment where I have unintentionally reissued a topic. In years past, I could sit here and read through everything. I simply don't have that much time on my hands anymore. Which is both a blessing and a curse. Oh how I wish that I could read through all of the topics and comments on this site and several others. At the same time, I am truly blessed to have a good career, and I hope and pray that it lasts. In regards to this forum, I thought it was a good topic. Clearly, it caught my attention or I wouldn't be here. I don't have thousands of posts in the years that I have been viewing KICentral. Not that there is anything wrong with that. For those of you who do, it's incredible! I personally prefer to believe that One really good short post can be like a picture, and speak more than a thousand words to someone willing to listen. ( Listen?....ok, read. )

• Like 5

Do any of these "new" members even bother to read the TOS anymore?

SMH.

They should have to take a TOS quiz before becoming a member of the site ^_^

http://www.makeaquiz.net/?quiz=65368&k=b1e2a4f97093e8db979efb2eccf2e88e

I got bored, tell me if you find any mistakes or anything.

Really?

And people wonder why sometimes this place is seen as less than welcoming. Do you have similar tests before you accept someone as a friend?

The test itself and the person who did it is well meaning and fine. But as the price of admission here? No.

Many of our best posters grew as writers and discerning people here. How many would we have lost with this nonsense?

Let me add that I can think of at least two of our posters here that can't spell well, make many grammatical errors, etc. And their insights are brilliant, their thoughts unique, their enthusiasm and love of Kings Island unbounding. I, and many others, adore these guys and am very glad they are here.

If they and their thoughts are not welcome here, who is? Perfectly stated thoughts always in compliance with the TOS aren't going to be found even on a linguistics forum (and I belong to several, some where I post far more frequently than here).

I have one last question. The original poster. How do you think he feels about now? Are we proud of ourselves?

Amusement rides.

Kings Island.

FUN.

Friends.

When I was first here I really wasnt a great poster or speller but once I got the hang of it . The site is great now! You just have to give people time to articulate before bashing them.

• Like 7

SMH.

Did you realize I was joking? Jeez, sarcasm is really hard to do online..

SMH.

Did you realize I was joking? Jeez, sarcasm is really hard to do online..

Mine is also a joke...I'm not expecting that people have to to it to join, i just figured since you asked for a TOS quiz that someone should make one ^_^

• Like 2

Terpy did an amazing job in spelling out why it's not necessary for the second post on many threads to be a link to something that has been overlooked.

In your newfound knowledge that sarcasm and jokes are very difficult to ensure they come through online, please keep that in mind. A post that you write laughing can be taken so easily on the other side as snarky. For example, in this thread what I saw was a question asked by someone, one legitimate answer - thank you Gabe, followed by six posts making fun of someone for not using the search feature to see what is already being discussed. I'm glad Terpy finally said something. There are very few topics that have not already been mentioned somewhere, and most new threads start because of at least a new spin on something old with new information or a new question. Be tolerant, not nit-picky. You can always pass up a thread you're tired of and move on. It takes far less time than to post a snarky link to a search.

Rant about personal pet peeve and sore spot over.

• Like 6

While I agree about not doing the snark. I have unintentionally created a topic that was previously created many moons ago. An answer with a link to the original topic is actually better, IMO. Answering the question is good, but also leading our OP to the other thread may also prove beneficial, maybe more so. Allows the OP to read through and maybe glean more knowledge that way.

So if I were to, say somehow, miss what happened to SOB. I look for SOB topics cant find one (I wish ;) ), and post a question about SOB. I am not sure how someone posting a link to a previous thread would not be beneficial to me. Leave out the snark and its helpful. We could say a thing like, Hey welcome to the board, but there is already a topic very similar to this, you should check it out, Im sure it has your answer there or someone in that thread would be able to help you.

• Like 3

That also helps avoid having 60 threads about the same thing and keeps discussion organized and ongoing. Where we went awry here is posters piling on about the TOS and using search. One reminder was fine, but again and again is not needed, clutters up the forums, and can certainly make the original poster feel very unwelcome.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Really?

Amusement rides.

Kings Island.

FUN.

Friends.

Thank you so much for posting this comment. It means a lot to me to hear you say that, and I just gained a TON of new respect for you. I'm not exactly a "new" member here, as I signed up a number of years ago, and I don't have thousands of posts - but I've always been timid about posting my opinions because I'm a sensitive person by nature, and some of the responses I've received in the past have made me feel a bit unwelcome here. I may not be the smartest person in the world when it comes to how theme parks operate, or what would make a great new addition to the park, so I probably say some stupid things. But I feel a bit better now.

• Like 8

I may not be the smartest person in the world when it comes to how theme parks operate, or what would make a great new addition to the park, so I probably say some stupid things.

You'll fit right in! :)

Never be timid to post your opinion.

• Like 5