S.O.B.'s 2013 Trip reports

SonofBaconator

Yesterday was more or less what I had planned for. We picked up my friend, Chris, at 8:30 and ventured up north. My mom dropped us off at the drop of lane. It was cold and grey.

P1010605_zps310d9659.jpg

We waited outside the gate for a little while before ERT then darted towards The Beast. An old comrade of mine was working there that day as we approached the entrance. He was standing in front of the ride saying it was closed, so we walked around for a couple of minutes. We ran back to The Beast when I noticed it was open. We were on the 4th train of the day in the front row. The cold air blasted our faces as we rocketed through the first tunnel. After that, I was fully awake and ready for the rest of my day.

P1010622_zpsf9039064.jpg

I noticed Diamondback was down and it stayed down until about noon

P1010620_zps4d9e3895.jpg

P1010617_zps2a8e32e1.jpg

After The Beast, Chris and I rode Vortex and then WindSeeker. We got a bite to eat at skyline, (chili cheese fries) and proceeded to Action Zone. On the way I took some pics of Oktoberfest and, I have to say, It looked amazing.

P1010629_zps339e87b5.jpg

P1010627_zps2c148746.jpg

P1010625_zpsd680dce1.jpg

P1010628_zpscf50fd18.jpg

P1010630_zpse2df0348.jpg

As we entered Action Zone, I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me.

P1010631_zps03528f97.jpg

P1010632_zps55e8b82b.jpg

P1010634_zpsbb881523.jpg

P1010636_zps9cf18cf4.jpg

P1010639_zpsc284e29e.jpg

P1010640_zpsee3d89d5.jpg

DB was still down, or should I say "up"

P1010638_zpsf19c94ea.jpg

We proceeded back to Rivertown where we boarded the Kings Island and Miami Valley Railroad

P1010665_zps1cad7e97.jpg

Finally fixed the sign

P1010657_zps022c4393.jpg

P1010668_zps2d5239b2.jpg

Along the ride, they had a little trivia game. I answered every one with ease, but the conductor couldn't hear me since I was in the back of the train.

How much did Diamondback cost?-$22,000,000

What's the original name for Soak City?-Water Works

What's the second most visited attraction at the park?- The railroad

After the train, we visited Planet Snoopy and ran into an old friend

P1010682_zps435305af.jpg

After that, I showed Chris around because he hasn't been to KI since 2009. We went to The Eiffel Tower and got some shots.

P1010683_zpsc598d1ae.jpg

P1010687_zps67f8056e.jpg

P1010690_zps2fe29034.jpg

The rest of the day, we basically walked around, rode some more rides, and ate a lot of food. Here's some more pics of our day.

P1010693_zps61582f2e.jpg

P1010694_zps47feb1c7.jpg

P1010701_zps99214d44.jpg

P1010702_zps941455e1.jpg

P1010703_zpsf2a6fc41.jpg

P1010700_zps33a5217b.jpg

P1010710_zpsd84ef9a8.jpg

P1010728_zpsaaec3faa.jpg

P1010707_zpsddfd53b7.jpg

P1010709_zps877bc754.jpg

P1010704_zpsf37d39e2.jpg

I had a strange feeling I was being watched...

P1010742_zps68194d02.jpg

We left at about 9:30 and journeyed back home after a nice relaxing day

P1010758_zps485e948a.jpg

To see the rest of my pics, visit my photobucket page http://s1325.photobucket.com/user/sonofbaconator/library/KI%205-11-13?sort=3&page=1

• Like 12

P1010636_zps9cf18cf4.jpg

I noticed 2 things on this picture. I am unsure if they have talked about before or not so, here we go.

1.) The different color red behind the text, "This evil phenomenon can be identified." Sticker Maybe?

2.) The white marks on the bottom of the picture. Makes me think of text wrap but are they just marks or am I just seeing things

Nice report! How long did you wait for some of the rides? Yesterday I waited 2 hours for Diamondback, 30 minutes for Adventure Express, and 40 for Vortex and Drop Tower. It was packed!

To be honest we rode The Beast, Vortex, and WindSeeker all under 30 minutes during ERT. The rest of the day we just wondered and rode the train. Occasionally, we rode flight deck but all the rides had 120 min long wait times and we just kept on walking around trying to find a smaller line. All in all, the only ride that was a walk on was the train, which I didn't mind. Also, Congo falls, race for your life, and WWC were walk ons, but i had enough common sense not to ride them...

I changed the thread title for the sake of not filling up the forums with my constant trip reports.

5/14/13

The park was a ghost town. I rode Diamondback for the first time during ERT.my friend and I rode it 4 times in a row before advancing to The Beast. From there we rode Vortex twice then dodgems like 3 times. The rest of the day it was just constant walk-ons including Firehawk, which we ride twice in a row. BLSC and WindSeeker were not running when I was there at all but it didn't really matter. We had a blast!

Here's the list of my rides for today

Diamondback-6

The Beast-1

Vortex-2

Dodgems-3

Adventure Express-1

Delerium-1

Invertigo-1

Flight Deck-1

Eiffel Tower-1

WWC-2

K.I.&.M.V.R.R- 1

Racer-1

Firehawk- 2

• Like 5

Nice trip report! I have yet to go yet, hopefully I can get to the park soon.

Edit: I just noticed that the sign in front of Adventure Express was re-painted, it looks a lot better now.

I also noticed that I missed my 1000th post :(

How'd you go today? School-skipper! Or does your school just get out really, really, early?

We had an off day today for some reason. It was a perfect day to go though. I get out the 23rd

I got out the 23rd too, and I have an off day Friday...for some reason. lol.

• Like 1

How'd you go today? School-skipper! Or does your school just get out really, really, early?

We had an off day today for some reason. It was a perfect day to go though. I get out the 23rd

Wow! I want to go to your schools! Mine doesn't get out until the 29th.
  • Like 1

You should feel lucky. Xenia schools don't get out until June 4. Thankfully, it's been eight years since I've had to deal with that (actually nine since the seniors get out about two weeks earlier than the rest of the students). :)

• Like 1

31st. Anyone wanna top that?

EDIT: Looks like Xenia wins.

• Like 2

31st. Anyone wanna top that?

EDIT: Looks like Xenia wins.

21st.... ;):lol:

You should feel lucky. Xenia schools don't get out until June 4. Thankfully, it's been eight years since I've had to deal with that (actually nine since the seniors get out about two weeks earlier than the rest of the students). :)

my school is worse! June 7th. :(

But since my school is online I can go to KI on a week day. :D

School is K12 (OHVA) and can do my work when ever as long as its done before midnight each day.

• Like 2

my school is worse! June 7th. :(

But since my school is online I can go to KI on a week day. :D

School is K12 (OHVA) and can do my work when ever as long as its done before midnight each day.

Vandalia-Butler is out the 6th of June so consider yourselves lucky...

Getting out for the summer...

Ah, youth. And teaching.

Then again, I guess one could do so for retirement...endless summer?

Endless summer... on ice?

Think about that movie..Surfing on ice....I wonder how that experience would be, I will just keep that thought on ice for a while.

• 2 weeks later...

I got out April 26th! O-H! ;)

I got out permanently on April 27th with a diploma in my hand! :P

Still tossing around the idea of grad school... A master's would be nice, but I don't know if I want to fight through two more years of engineering school. For right now, I'm kind of past the "school" portion of life.

• Like 4

Thursday. On Friday, you'll have people taking the day off work to create a three-day weekend. The same is also partially true on Mondays. Mid-week—Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday—will almost always be the lightest crowds, barring holidays or special events.

• Like 2