Saving Privte Ryan sim ride

rollercoaster

When SBSP gets old, wouldn't it be neat to see a Saving Privte Ryan sim ride. It would be like be based on the first part of the movie. You would be one of the men under Capt. Miller (Tom Hanks). As you move up Omaha beach and fell the sand and shock of morders rounds. And be on the boat as the ramp drops. It would be very exciting to see that happen. There could be a PG-13 side and a rated R side. What do you guys think?

cool.gif

LMFAO! laugh.gif

I respect veterans, but I have to agree. A 3D movie of Normandy could cause some flashbacks. I don't think it would be appropriate for a family park. The movie is very good, and I think that Saving Private Ryan and Schindler's List are two movies everybody should see. But I wouldn't put Saving Private Ryan in a family park. Besides it really isn't entertainment.

Yeah, I think it would be in poor taste. My grandfather was a tank commander at the Battle of the Bulge (The nastiest tank battle in history). Not pretty. If he were still alive, I know that he would not want to relive any of that or any of WWII. He also helped to liberate a concentration camp. He saw things that no other human being should have to.

While it's a very legitimate question; it brings a question that I have had ever since this morning to mind.

Do people not think when posting threads on forums. I mean this thread is a legitimate question I guess but sometimes you have to stop and think.

Why would you think a park would want to capitalize on people dying? Sure you could bring up the point that the movie was made for that, but if I'm thinking correctly wasn't it based on a true story. I have no need to see people dying for enjoyment. Death isn't appealing to me, although it may be to some people. I just don't know why someone would even think it'd be cool or that a park would even consider this idea.

What got me thinking was from another forum. It's a screenshot forum for Flight Simulator. Someone took off from an airport with a plane that crashed at that airport the other day and their post said "I hope my takeoff is better than the one from the another night" and well it made me sick that people can get enjoyment off of people dying.

Amusement Parks are made to be fun; not to go watch people die in a 3D movie where it makes you believe you are there.

That was what I was saying. Saving Private Ryan and Schindler's List are two incredible movies. I believe everybody should see them. However they are not entertaining. They were not created for that purpose. I remember, my vision of veterans and war in general was changed forever after seeing Saving Private Ryan. But it wasn't a fun movie. I wasn't cheering when that soldier is pulling his buddy up the beach, whose legs have been blown off but he is still alive, and the mortar lands on the buddy and blows him up and splatters the soldier with his body parts. Anybody who would find that entertaining and would like to see it in 3D needs some help.

If you haven't seen Saving Private Ryan, go out and rent it soon. It is a very important movie. It just doesn't belong in a park, and should never be marketed as "entertainment".

Its more so on remember events. Your grandfather would also probly love to know that people are able to see what he went thru in some detail. Now it doesnt belong in a amusement park at all I dont think PKI should even have did the 9/11 tribute. Its just not the right type of setting for something of that level. People have been learning more and more what our soldiers go thru and have went thru. We will never have a bloddy as a war as WWII. WWIII everyone is going to be incenerated and anything else its still a realm of much more tank battles and nothing on the scale. Because of WWII we wont be having anything near as bad without it being a HUGH effect on the entire globe. We know not to let people become as powerful as Hitler did. Those soldiers that were in WWII saw lots of horrible firsts. Stuff people had never saw before. WW1 was just as bad to. If I had been a soldier and seen everything I would want everyone to know wht it was like there and to know why you have to stop problems while they are small before they get big.

Hold the phone:

9/11 changed not just America, but the world forever. I dont care where it is, or whats going on, but 9/11 should be a national holiday. PKI didnt do the tribute because it was "entertaining" they did the tribute because it is something that all of us, no matter of race, creed, or nationality, should remember. What PKI did was something that every other theme park should do, remember those lost for freedom. Dont EVER say that anyone shouldnt honor these people.

That statement made me sick.

Alright, maybe a national holiday was a little harsh.

But you know what, saying that you shouldnt remember those CIVILIANS who died (not one soldier was killed on Sept. 11) is just wrong. I dont care if its at a national landmark, or at a theme park, EVERYONE should do a tribute, no matter if its the local liquor store down the street.

I couldn't bring myself to support something like this. While there is no question that a sim ride that drops you into the middle of Normandy could be entertaining, it's in absolutely terrible taste. First of all, using any kind of real world scenario where so many people bled and died for the sake of entertainment and profit is downright low. Second of all, Normandy wasn't a walk in the park, it wasn't a movie or any kind of Hollywood makebelieve, it really happened, and people really suffered and died. Talk to anyone who stormed Omaha Beach, and see what they think about someone using it for entertainment. Even the movie wasn't truly meant to be entertainment. It was meant to open people's eyes. These people stepped into hell and layed their life down for their country, and for someone to treat it like some kind of circus show would be a disgrace..a slap in the face to anyone who has put on a uniform.

Next thing you know, someone will say that they should retheme Scooby Doo and the Haunted castle to an interactive "Ghosts of the Holocaust" or retheme White Water Canyon to "Hurricane Andrew: Revisited" I think my point is that people don't come to an amusement park to become depressed. Besides, do you think that such a ride would even come close to the actual experience? They'd have to juice it a little...hire some professionals......

(I can't believe that out of all the Tom Hanks movies you had to choose "Saving Private Ryan." Why not "Castaway: Motion Simulator" or "Turner and Hooch: 3D" ???)

I can't believe that I am actually getting in the middle of this.

The reason that people visit amusement parks is so for that one day they get to forget about the craziness and horror that seems to be widespread across the world. For those 1,3,5, or 12 hours the only thing they have to think about is stuff like "Should I ride Son of Beast or or Face Off next." The employees are out there entertaining, making sure each person has a good time and leaves that world that waits for them on the other side of the perimiter fence when the park closes or when they choose to leave. The park(s) can be seen as a temporary fantasy world where for the short time they escape the kaios and for a short split second the world seems perfect.

The Rickster said,

"Your grandfather would also probly love to know that people are able to see what he went thru in some detail."

I'm sure he wanted people to know or see what he went through, but they can do that at the library...you know, that funny little building with 1000's of books in it? I don't think people care to read any more...unless it's forums.

Maybe you will get Shrek, i mean at Universal Studios they have Shrek in 4D which is really awesome and it's like the after the honeymoon thing... it's cute and funny. Mebbe KI is cut out for that, but seeing as KI also put in Dracula the next film will probably be Bobo the Wonder Clown so we better not get our hopes up.