Wikipedia edits

jcgoble3

Yeah, "WTF?" you ask? In the past hour and a half, two different anonymous users have changed the Backlot Stunt Coaster article on Wikipedia to say that the Kings Island version is SBNO. I have undone both edits as no source was provided by either user.

Does anybody know if BLSC was down today, and if so, for how long? I'm thinking these users may have seen it down temporarily today and assumed that it was down long-term. I wasn't there today, so any information about this that you can provide me with will help me fight these edits. Thanks.

EDIT: Removed "BLSC" from the title to use this thread for general discussion of edits on Wikipedia.

Edited by jcgoble3

I'm referring to these two edits:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Backlot_Stunt_Coaster&diff=555151395&oldid=548639219

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Backlot_Stunt_Coaster&diff=555158030&oldid=555154366

Click "Next edit" on each one and you'll see that I "reverted" (undid) both edits.

All I'm trying to do here is find out if BLSC was down at all today and if so, for how long, so I can better prevent further edits like this.

Guest Department47

I've heard from a local friend that it was listed on the scrolling signs out front as closed for today. Can't vouch for any other day though.

I rode it around 1:15 today. Later in the afternoon, I heard a random guest say that it had a rollback earlier; I can't verify that claim, so take it with a grain of salt.

EDIT: The previous edits to the Wikipedia article were well-meaning but just misguided. This is either a drastic overreaction or simply pure vandalism, and it took nearly an hour for someone to fix it. This is why you should not trust Wikipedia for information without verifying the sources and the edit history. :P