Wikipedia edits

jcgoble3

i just noticed some of seekers said $5 mil and others $6.5 mil anyone know why different costs for what i thought was the same ride?

The first four in 2011 were announced by the respective parks as $5 million. The two that opened in 2012 were announced as $6.5 million. We don't know why the last two cost more. My best guess that the official cost of the last two factored in the unplanned modifications such as the hydraulic dampers that had to be added to the first four.

• Like 1

Consider that the originals were prototypes, so Cedar Fair may have gotten a discount for being a pioneer, the manufacturer could have intentionally had a sale in order to get the rides into the market, the costs to the manufacturer perhaps turned out to be higher than expected, there was inflation, especially in steel prices, during that year interim...some combination of factors.

• 1 month later...

*bump*

Today, an anonymous user posted on the WindSeeker article here that all of the WindSeekers are SBNO. Someone else has reverted the edit for now, but can someone confirm or refute this claim? Even if you don't have a reliable source, it would be helpful to know whether this edit is just lacking a source or outright false.

*bump*

Today, an anonymous user posted on the WindSeeker article here that all of the WindSeekers are SBNO. Someone else has reverted the edit for now, but can someone confirm or refute this claim? Even if you don't have a reliable source, it would be helpful to know whether this edit is just lacking a source or outright false.

I rode WindSeeker today.... which, I guess isn't reliable enough for wikipedia... but it is operating.

• Like 1