5/15/13 (lots of photos)

Oldiesmann

Not much to report from today. The park wasn't that busy even with the school groups. Most rides were either walk-on or 15 minute wait tops. WindSeeker was down all day due to wind, and Drop Tower, Skyflyer and Slingshot all went down due to wind at one point as well. 5 rides on DB during ERT and 3 straight rides on Flight Deck without going back around (I could have gotten more had I wanted to, but 3 straight was enough for me). I rode everything I wanted to ride (at least everything that was open) by 3:30, so I went back around and rode most things again. Despite the heat, there was still quite a bit of interest in the family dryer. At one point I walked by and there was a group of about 9 school kids in there - during the hottest part of the day. No wonder Cedar Fair loves those things.

New stuff I noticed:

Card readers added to all the vending machines at the beginning of The Beast queue

Quite a few new arcade games

Jukebox Diner now has Coke Freestyle machines, which offer more choices than those in the burrito shack

There's a "Rivertown 1979" sign above the kiddy corale at Beast

Most of the rides that have "estimated wait time" signs got new ones customized to their particular ride

New decorations in the queue at Flight of Fear:

8743498514_2d8a9d864b.jpg
Biohazard by oldiesmann, on Flickr

8743499054_21628d93bc.jpg
Translation Project by oldiesmann, on Flickr

8742380471_85c76d4370.jpg
Urgent - Press Release by oldiesmann, on Flickr

Finally, a few other photos I took:

The great blue heron is back :)

8742379047_8453f7fa55.jpg
Great Blue Heron #2 by oldiesmann, on Flickr

The new beer garden, with some nice landscaping:

8742387387_6be0571cb6.jpg
Christian Morlein Biergarten by oldiesmann, on Flickr

The new dino:

8743505272_bedaa0c7a2.jpg
New Dino by oldiesmann, on Flickr

The inside of the train:

8743505980_c241842c04.jpg
Train by oldiesmann, on Flickr

I also took several construction photos, which I'll post in the topic on that :)

• Like 6

Also, one more thing I noticed today that I don't believe has been mentioned here yet... The park now offers a "season pass" for Dinosaurs Alive - only $12 for unlimited visits all season (not sure if that includes the movie or not, though once was more than enough for me as far as that goes). I'm very tempted to buy this next time I go to the park.

• Like 1

Also, one more thing I noticed today that I don't believe has been mentioned here yet... The park now offers a "season pass" for Dinosaurs Alive - only $12 for unlimited visits all season (not sure if that includes the movie or not, though once was more than enough for me as far as that goes). I'm very tempted to buy this next time I go to the park.

Yes, it includes the movie.

Also, can't help but notice a familiar symbol on one of the new things in Flight of Fear's line... ;)