oldiesman, that's a fair point, but those attractions, specifically the sight lines from 71 is my general reference point over the last 10 years. There appeared to be a few more people yesterday. Now for all I know, perhaps several of those slides aren't ready yet, which could explain a lot, there could be a ton of activity in other parts of the park, which is why I asked. I hope the park works out and remains a staple for a long time as a nice alternative to Soak City and KI.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Haven't seen anything posted on this, but I've been watching them clear land for the last 2 seasons and start installing new slides.  According to their website, which seemingly the forum won't let me link to (I've also had issues trying to quote someone, if anyone has solutions) I am assuming this new attraction is going to be called Rip Tide Racer, a 4 person across racing slide that by the picture appears to be on mats, head first.  Not much up on the park's site other than a mention and 1 picture.

• Like 2

Haven't seen anything posted on this, but I've been watching them clear land for the last 2 seasons and start installing new slides.  According to their website, which seemingly the forum won't let me link to (I've also had issues trying to quote someone, if anyone has solutions) I am assuming this new attraction is going to be called Rip Tide Racer, a 4 person across racing slide that by the picture appears to be on mats, head first.  Not much up on the park's site other than a mention and 1 picture.

Here's the link: http://www.thebeachwaterpark.com/public/rides_and_attractions/real_thrill/index.cfm

Not to detract from the obvious appeal, but a thread that hasn't been posted on since 9-30-14, is marked as "hot"?

The "HOT" label is applied to any thread that contains more than a certain fixed number of posts (30, I think). It is not based on the frequency of posts or how long of a period of time those posts are spread out over, only on the total number of posts.

• Like 7

Still can't get the quote feature to work,

If you're using Internet Exploder 11, there is a known issue with the forum software that prevents the quote feature from working in that browser. The only workaround I know of is to use a real browser like Firefox or Chrome. :P

• Like 3