The Brady Bunch Returns to Kings Island Recap

Dane

We caught the first show at noon where many Brady Bunch superfans waited hours before the park opened to get in line to get the front row seats. There was also quite the line wrapped around the outside of the building 45 minutes before the show started. The show opened up with Barry Williams (Greg Brady) singing and introducing his fellow cast members. The crew than showed clips of their favorite episodes including The Cincinnati Kids at Kings Island. Barry performed "The Real Greg Brady" followed by a Q&A session. Members of the audience were invited on stage to learn the Brady dance to "Its a Sunshine Day." After dancers returned to their seats the audience was invited to get their photos and autographs from the stars.

IMG_0175.jpg

Photos of the days events here.

• Like 13

We went to the 5:00 show, had fun. It was completely laid back, just felt like the three of them having fun. Audience seemed to enjoy it a lot. :)

Thought the way everything was handled by KI staff was GREAT. They handed out armbands a couple hours before the show and urged us to go do whatever we wanted in the park until the show, which we did. Came back about a half hour before the show, went in with no problems. Nice work, Kings Island!

• Like 4

The show was fun.... but I think everyone who went to it can agree that the most entertaining part of the experience was seeing the baby boomer women bum-rush the theatre in an attempt to get to the front row and be close to their childhood idols. :)

• Like 5

My wife and son watched the 2:30 show. We waited in line from 11:30 until then, the staff at first were discussing arm bands but finally said they were not doing arm bands (and we were right next to the door). But apparently they handed out arm bands somewhere and it was disheartening standing in line for 3 hours watching folks walk right up and go in. Many people in line were getting a little worried/angry because they had told us no arm bands, and here were folks with arm bands. No bigie though, we expected a wait, first come first serve.

All in all it was a great show. Greg still has his dance down!! Peter was funny and Cindy was down to earth. And they shared some really interesting stories.

• Like 1

We caught the first show at noon where many Brady Bunch superfans waited hours before the park opened to get in line to get the front row seats. There was also quite the line wrapped around the outside of the building 45 minutes before the show started. The show opened up with Barry Williams (Greg Brady) singing and introducing his fellow cast members. The crew than showed clips of their favorite episodes including The Cincinnati Kids at Kings Island. Barry performed "The Real Greg Brady" followed by a Q&A session. Members of the audience were invited on stage to learn the Brady dance to "Its a Sunshine Day." After dancers returned to their seats the audience was invited to get their photos and autographs from the stars.

IMG_0175.jpg

Photos of the days events here.

Thats a pretty good long wait it sounds like! Now what if they got Ellen DeGeneres...

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the recap! I wish I could have been there.

I recorded the Cincinnati Kids episode from the Hallmark Channel a few days ago and it is bittersweet. It brings back such fond memories but it's sad to see the all the rides that are no longer there. Some of the shots from the tower show entire areas of rides that were eventually torn down.

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...

In this day and age, nostalgia is still generating big bucks!! I just shelled out a lot of cash to see McCartney here in Indy later this summer and i'm not even close to my parents' age!

My parents and I went to a concert up in Dayton called the "Happy Together Tour", in which they wheel out petrified male vocalists like Mark Lindsay and the Buckinghams and perform some of their most overdone songs.

The three of us were cracking up at the realization that Gary Lewis (of the Playboys) sounded exactly - and I mean dead-on - like Big Bird. Yes, the little reverb-laden teenage heartthrob who sang "classics" like "This Diamond Ring" and "Sure Gonna Miss Her" has grown up and become a Muppet.

How sad, but more to the point, how freaking hilarious.

• Like 1