Your Music Taste

BB1

I like an odd genre of music. I've heard it referred to as post-hardcore (whatever that means; I think it's mostly like rock) and then I like alternative and indie. I'm not much for genres, so I'll just name artists. Gimme a shout out if you like any!

Of Mice & Men, The Devil Wears Prada, August Burns Red, Chiodos, Pierce The Veil, A Day To Remember, old school Attack Attack, Panic at The Disco, Fall Out Boy, Blink-182, Transit, Set Your Goals, and a ton of others. (I was going to name more. But I could seriously go on for days.)

I'm a huge music guy.

Can you just be my best friend? Those bands, post-hardcore, and metalcore, oh my god.

• Like 3

As long as it's not rap. Not a rap fan.

Specific bands/artists that come to mind are Styx, Dead Can Dance, Pink Floyd, Joe Diffie, Johnny Cash, Rob Zombie, NIN, Maroon 5, Seether, Dream Theater, Yanni, and The Beatles to name a few. I love a lot of 60s/70s/80s music, lol.

I also do listen to classical (I mean Beethoven and Mozart, etc) and Native American (being nearly 50% Cherokee sure helps...) music on occasion. My music often fits my mood though. Example for like lately I been favoring a lot of oldies, the kind of stuff grandpa raised me on. Each year during this time of a year I tend to think of grandpa a lot cause of Memorial day.

• Like 1

Okay so I am going to try and kep this short and sweet but with me and music that is not easy. I just actually arrived home from Rock on the Range in Columbus, amazing time as always. I can listen to almost anything, except for majority of Rap. My favorite genre is Heavy Metal/Hard Rock/Metalcore. I love old school Metal, but then I LOVE country music as well, not as much as metal. but it is up there. A bunch of bands at ROTR caught my attention this year and I have given them a much better listen now. I have been to country concerts as well as Heavy Metal shows and I love going to all of them. Ask me anything ya want to know about my musical taste, I am very open to discussion.

• Like 1

I guess since everyone else is posting their own genres, I should post myself.

I am a big fan of any dubstep/rock/indie/Christian/Bluegrass/Alternative/a bit of pop/Didge/80's/and a bit of Classic sometimes.

I listen to most types of rock and alternative, pop, dance/electronica, and a little rap. I like a little bit of everything, though - I don't generally like country but I have a few songs on my iPod, etc. I like different types depending on my mood or what I'm doing. I also have a big soft spot for 80s and 90s music, since I grew up with it.

Let's see...for me it'd be classic rock, some modern/contemporary rock (not a big fan of rock that's too hard, Metalica, Nirvana and Alice in Chains is as hard as I go), jazz, and classical music. I also like to listen to movie scores.

I'm also a bit of a musician myself, with the alto and tenor saxophones as my instruments of choice. I LOVE playing jazz. I currently play said saxophones in the UC Bearcat Bands and a community band during the summer, also run by the UC Band.

• Like 3

I really do listen to a large array of music. I grew up listening to a lot of Metal/Hard rock, was in a hardcore band at one point in time.

Right now I am really into Electronic music (EDM if you prefer), anything from House/Deep House/Techno/Dubstep/Prog House/Trance/Electro, its all good to me.

I wanted to correct that aspect, Techno is not a term for all dance music, it is its own sub-genre, so Electronic or EDM would be a more correct term as far as that umbrella goes.

• Like 1

Used to play with the singers old band back like 5-6 years ago when he was still living in Columbus. Was named Call It Even, they were like a hardcore inspired pop/punk band, like New Found Glory. Used to be a really cool guy, he's turning into a toolbag as of late though.

• Like 1

Music seems to be the way I'm judged a lot. Being 3 different races (White, Black, and Hispanic) a lot of people assume I listen to rap, but in reality my favorite type of music is rock.

Avenged Sevenfold, Linkin Park, and Foo Fighters being my favorite bands.

I listen to a wider range of music if I'm with a group of friends or it's playing on the radio, but rock/metal being the main genre on my iPod.

• Like 2

Used to play with the singers old band back like 5-6 years ago when he was still living in Columbus. Was named Call It Even, they were like a hardcore inspired pop/punk band, like New Found Glory. Used to be a really cool guy, he's turning into a toolbag as of late though.

Yeah ever since he got arrested a couple months ago, he' not the same. Ronnie Radke is also a joke.

Edit: Are any of these guys you? cx

Austin used to be a really good dude, its a shame.

If you like heavier type music check out Stick To Your Guns or Stray From The Path, more hardcore influenced music, but its really good. Also awesome guys in both bands.

• Like 1

Yeah ever since he got arrested a couple months ago, he' not the same. Ronnie Radke is also a joke.

I still love Austin. Wanted to meet him at Warped Tour last summer but I missed him!

I like pop and Jamaican.

To be frank though, i'm getting pretty burnt out on all music genres... It's all repetitive. I'm completely burnt out on country. (with a few small exceptions).

I listen to the radio station (seems like every station) I listen it to it and just get bored of it.

Naturally as a DJ, I am mixing and cranking out more electronic/hip-hop and rap music to keep the dance floor moving, but as a music lover I thouroughly enjoy a little bit of everything. If I like the song, I don't care what genre it is.

I feel that without music, we would not be here. Music has personally gotten me through some of the worst times in my life and I know it has done the same for countless others.

• Like 3

No none of those are me. I wasn't actually in his band, but my old band played a handful of shows with them here when they came down to Cincinnati.