Riders stuck on Beast for 10 minutes...

jcgoble3

Oh God, I just hope it wasn't someone from my school, they were there yesterday and would be the type of people to overreact and call 911. :angry:

Honestly, coming from someone who has extreme anxiety and ocd, I may have panicked a bit but definitely not to the extent to call the police, that's ridiculous.

My mom was telling me the other day how back in the 80's she rode The Beast once and got stuck on the 2nd lift hill for about 45 min and was only worried cause she left me in the "kid corral" at the station and was worried i was freaking out.

• Like 2

After brewing upon this overnight:

Non-emergency calls to 911 should be met with charges against the caller.

Bogging down emergency lines with these types of calls is concerning as this is just one example of bad 911 judgement. I can only imagine the other types of calls 911 receives on a daily basis.

• Like 3

While I have an Anxiety Disorder I would never freak out like that! And aren't all loose articles and cell phones supposed to be left off the ride. I have experience with being stuck on Blue Racer brake run last year because of a sensor failure because of the rain. We where stuck there for about 10 minutes before letting us out forcibly but that took around 20 minutes to get to us. At the station we had to sign legal papers about how we will not lawsuit the park and all that and for compensation we got to go to the front seat of Diamondback with no wait. It was a little uncomfortable because of the lapbar aren't that comfy to sit in but not uncomfortable enough for me too have an anxeity attack or to call 9/11. Hate for that rider to make us sound and look bad and people thinking that we will do that every time a ride gets stuck. End of Post.

If you HAD to sign the papers, then they may not have been enforceable. In addition, as a minor, you can't give up the right to sue. Like a sign in a parking lot that says Not Responsible For Damages, such paperwork only works if the signer thinks it does.

The author is not engaged in the private practice of law in Ohio, the District of Columbia or any United State. Consult a competent attorney in your jurisdiction if you have, or think you may have, a legal problem. Disclaimer included as it must be, and clearly stated except in some states, where others may state the same differently.

• Like 1

I've suffered panic attacks for about 20 years, so I can somewhat sympathize with people who have them. However, 10 minutes on a lift hill is not really something to get worked up over. If I'm having a panic attack about something, I know that I'm having a panic attack and will try to evaluate the situation in order to keep myself under control. It would take quite awhile more than 10 minutes for me to really panic uncontrollably. I think this rider jumped the gun a bit.

• Like 1

Happends on rides all the time. Just got back from Disney World and got stuck on Splash Mt. for 40 min.

I wish Disney would sell tickets for something like this. I'd love to be stuck on Splash Mountain for a lengthy amount of time, especially inside where all the animatronic characters are. It's one of my favorite rides!

• Like 3