Is gum allowed at Kings Island?

Besketball

Sorry if this is not allowed here, I am new to this website. :rolleyes:

Is gum allowed at Kings Island? I am going with a Church group and want to bring some gum to occupy myself in those long lines and want to know if it is allowed before bringing some and being told I cannot. :P (I'm not going to spit it out on the rides or stick it to stuff.)

Also, what is the basic list of things to bring? A backpack with essentials, I know. Food is not allowed in the park, etc. Just want to be prepared for this trip as it will be a big one. :)

• Like 1

Welcome! As far as I know, gum is allowed in the park. Please dispose of it properly. A few years back, after a choking incident, Six Flags forbade riders from having anything like gum or candy in their mouths. It's not a good idea. How or even if they enforced this, I have no idea.

When in doubt, call the park. That's the best advice.

As to what to bring, sunscreen, comfortable shoes and a great attitude all help!

• Like 3

You won't be told to spit it out or anything. It's just not a good idea.

If you have something that is obvious, like suckers, hard candies (if you make it obvious), ring pops, or other things that it will be plainly obvious that you've got something like that, they'll make you put it away or throw it away.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure that gum is allowed in most places, though the Xtreme Skyflyer operators may require you to spit it out before riding that attraction.

As for what to bring, I recommend packing as light as possible. Only the essentials should be brought in; cash or a credit card and a car key is all that you absolutely need (plus your season pass if you have one). Cell phones probably should only be brought in if you truly need it for communication with your group or expect to take pictures with it, otherwise it can be left in the car out of sight. Sunscreen is best applied in the parking lot and left in the car rather than carrying it around all day; you can get your hand stamped for re-entry when you go back out later in the day to reapply sunscreen.

Generally, there's rarely a reason to bring in more stuff than can fit in the pockets of a pair of cargo shorts or in a fanny pack; if you're carrying a backpack, you're carrying too much stuff (not to mention that you'll be forced to pay $2 for a locker if you want to ride Firehawk, as bags and backpacks are not allowed in line and cannot be left in the station). Extra stuff can and should be left in the car.

What you do bring in should be properly secured; this does not mean simply sticking it in an ordinary pocket, as some rides, most notably Diamondback, are notorious for causing stuff to fly out of such pockets. You need either cargo shorts with zippered pockets (velcro is not secure enough) or a fanny pack to properly secure your stuff and prevent losing it on the rides.

If someone else is driving the group, talk to them and see if he/she can arrange for stuff to be left in the car/van and for trips back out to get sunscreen. The less you have to carry, the better. If you have to carry extra stuff like sunscreen inside the park, buy a small travel/sample size of sunscreen that will fit in a fanny pack so that you don't need a backpack.

Welcome to KIC!

• Like 4

As others have mentioned, a fanny pack is an excellent idea; I use one when I go to theme parks and it suits me just fine. :D If you do plan on using a fanny pack, you'll still probably want to buy a locker when preparing to go on water rides or Firehawk. Although a fanny pack can be worn on Firehawk (I've done it once), I don't recommend it as the contents may fly around (no pun intended) during the barrel rolls.

• Like 1

As others have mentioned, a fanny pack is an excellent idea; I use one when I go to theme parks and it suits me just fine. :D If you do plan on using a fanny pack, you'll still probably want to buy a locker when preparing to go on water rides or Firehawk. Although a fanny pack can be worn on Firehawk (I've done it once), I don't recommend it as the contents may fly around (no pun intended) during the barrel rolls.

I have no problem with my fanny pack on Firehawk. Just move it to the side of your body and it should be fine as long as you make sure that the zippers are closed. As for water rides, rather than buying a locker, bring a couple of quart-size Ziploc bags and seal your stuff inside them before getting wet. The bags will keep your stuff dry, provided that you use the type of bag where you push the two sides together manually to seal it. I recommend against using the bags that have a zipper that you simply slide back and forth to open and close, as they do not always have a watertight seal.

• Like 1

I just use a drawstring bag to carry the belongings of everyone in my group. It's funny how quick everyone loves you once they know you can hold their stuff for them. :)

As for water rides, Congo Falls and White Water Canyon have bins you can put your stuff. Race for your Life, Charlie Brown does not have bins, but if you leave it with a rider in the second seat or against your back there is no risk anything will get wet.

Thanks guys. I was thinking a backpack for towels, swimsuits, flip flops, sunscreen, sunglasses, money/credit cards, keys, cellphone and extra clothing but I am highly considering taking a funny pack instead and leaving the backpack in the car for when I want to get some stuff out.

Thanks for telling me how much the locker costs on the Firehawk, that was very helpful, I was wondering that myself. :)

I will get a pair of cargo shorts with a button/zipper, thanks for that tip. It will hold the mini bottle of sunscreen I intend on buying, my cash/keys, gum, and sunglasses if needed.

All comments are greatly appericiated because I need to know as much as possible for my trip.

• Like 3

You need either cargo shorts with zippered pockets (velcro is not secure enough) or a fanny pack to properly secure your stuff and prevent losing it on the rides.

2 or 3 years ago I put velcro on the pockets of a couple pairs of shorts (now dubbed my "park shorts") and I have never had a problem with losing anything out of them. Individual results may vary, and past performance is not a guarantee of future results.

• Like 2

You need either cargo shorts with zippered pockets (velcro is not secure enough) or a fanny pack to properly secure your stuff and prevent losing it on the rides.

2 or 3 years ago I put velcro on the pockets of a couple pairs of shorts (now dubbed my "park shorts") and I have never had a problem with losing anything out of them. Individual results may vary, and past performance is not a guarantee of future results.

That's up to you. I personally don't trust velcro. :)

• Like 1