just a few questions :) If anyone has answers I'd love to find out

Snowblush

Ok I haven't been to Kings Island in 5 years and I was wondering about a few things.

Do they still do the keyhole pictures like they used to? If so, does anyone know how mush they cost?

Does anyone know how much the ride pictures cost? or if they still do them?

I've caught the fact about the souvenir cups and we are planning on buying those.

Does anyone know about the locker rental and how much they cost?

We are going on Thursday June 6th, does anyone recommend certain rides at a certain time, or do you think the day will be less crowed?

Thanks for all the help!! :) this is my sons first trip to Kings Island and I'm trying to make it the greatest day possible :) :)

• Like 1

Welcome to KI Central!

1. Yes they Do, And the price varies depending on what you get. Its not just the little keyhole photos anymore..

2. Yes, They vary from 8 bucks and up. Once again, depending on the package you get..

3. not sure on the Locker rental. I never use them

4. The earlier the Better especially this time of year. If you get there right at 10, you should be good. Especially on a weekday...

Your Son will have a blast! Kings Islands Planet Snoopy hasnt been rated the best kids area for no reason. :)

I imagine some schools will still be in session on June 6th, or perhaps their first day out, so crowds shouldn't be as buys that day as they would the following thursday (assuming equal weather conditions which can and does drive attendance)

How old is your son; how tall is he; how willing is he to ride the bigger rides, assuming he's tall enough. Check out the ride height guide on the parks web site to familiarize yourself w/ what he can and can not ride. As long as he's over 40", there are some great rides outside of Planet Snoopy for the under 48" crowd.

Is your son a Reds fan? Might want to check out the new Reds hall of Fame grille for a combination of solid food and a great Reds atmosphere.

• Like 1

seeing that you're getting there at gate open and have a season pass, keep in mind that there are several rides both in Planet Snoopy and outside (like The Beast) that are available for early ride time to season pass holders.

Since you're getting there that early, if your son is young enough to spend most of his time in Planet Snoopy, then I'm going to assume this is not an option, but late in the evening, around 9:00 or so, Planet Snoopy becomes a dead zone, you can sneak in a bunch of rides on woodstock express, flying ace arial chase, boo blasters or whatever fits his fancy. You won't get a great view of the fireworks (you'll see them b/w the trees, but its not like being up front) but you can get on a lot of rides in short order on a typical midweek evening.

• Like 2

OK, since Benred23 answered your questions...I would like to just point out some changes you may notice.

#1-You will nearly instantly notice 2 giant new rides. One of them is a massive steel roller coaster in Rivertown, Diamondback. The other is a 301' tall swing ride near Vortex in Coney Mall, WindSeeker. You cannot miss them...visually, at least.
#2-You will also nearly instantly notice a giant towering wood structure in Action Zone is no more. Yep, Son of Beast is dead. It's station and q-line remain, though. There is construction work being done on/near the site, however, so it may not be empty much longer... ;)

#3-Thunder Alley and The Crypt are also both gone...harder to notice than the above, especially since Crypt's building still exists, but still...

#4-A new attraction called Dinosaurs Alive! has opened in Coney Mall. It is a $5 upcharge. But it has dinosaurs! :P Action Theatre is incorporated into this now, and is no longer free...

#5-Nickelodeon Universe is "gone"...Planet Snoopy has "replaced" it. Even though in reality, it's just new paint and a new theme, really.

#6-Scooby Doo & The Haunted Castle has been re-themed into Boo Blasters on Boo Hill. Similar concepts though.

#7-You probably won't notice it as the waterpark isn't open yet, but Boomerang Bay was re-themed into Soak City, and a few new attractions were added, such as a 2nd Wave Pool.

#8-You will see people using a 2nd line opposite you. They paid $50+ or so to use this line, it is called Fast Lane. Opinions on this are VERY divided.

#9-Several restraunts and shops in the park have been renamed and re-themed. Reds Hall of Fame Grille, the former Rivertown Junction, being the newest and most prominent example.
#10-The Beast's entrance has been moved due to Diamondback's opening. It is now much further back, closer to the actual ride, than before.

#11-Invertigo got repainted, it is now aqua blue and dark blue. Flight Deck was also repainted, but it's colors did not change.

And those are the noteable changes I can think of, that have occured since 2008 (assumed your last visit because you said 5 years)...wow, that is a suprising amount of changes, isn't it? :wacko:

• Like 3

At rides, locker rentals have different prices by the hour and locker size. The lowest price (regular size, 1 or 2 hour rental (not sure how long) is $2. Also, another change that has occurred since you last visited is that Invertigo (Formally known as Face/Off) has been repainted from yellow track and red supports to a turquoise-ish blue track and blue supports. Enjoy your day at the park :D

• Like 1

At rides, locker rentals have different prices by the hour and locker size. The lowest price (regular size, 1 or 2 hour rental (not sure how long) is $2. Also, another change that has occurred since you last visited is that Invertigo (Formally known as Face/Off) has been repainted from yellow track and red supports to a turquoise-ish blue track and blue supports. Enjoy your day at the park :D

See McSalsa Point Number 11.. ;)

• Like 1

You did forget to mention McSalsa that the recaR (Backwards Racer) is no more. Which Personally, I hate.

That occured in 2008...I was assuming he visited that year (was listing all new stuff since the 2009 season, ala the years since he has visited), since it was 5 years ago. If not, then 2007 was his last visit...and of course then I need to add all the ride name changes and recaR to the list. :P

• Like 1

Thank you for all the wonderful information. My son is 8. And I'm not exactly sure how tall he is. I'm 5 ft 3 and he goes right under my arms. No the last time I went it was still Nickelodeon and The Racer still ran backwards. That's crap they took the backwards racer out. Does anyone know how much the corn dogs run, odd question I know but that's all he says he wants when we go lol. I think he's willing to ride about anything. I know we probably won't be riding Diamondback or drop zone (I know that's not the right name but it's what I know it as lol). I've been every year since I can remember, took 5 years because I had twins. They won't be attending on the 6th it'll Just be me and my 8 year old. I'm even more excited now that you guys told me more info :-)

• Like 2

Don't quote me on this, but I'm not even sure there's a stand that sells corn dogs anywhere in the park. I might be (and for your son's sake, I hope I am) wrong on that. (EDIT: See kblanken's post immediately below this one.)

I'm 5'6", and the bottom of my outstretched arms are right at 48" off the ground. I have slightly eccentric proportions (particularly short legs), so your son might be able to make 48". There is a height measurement station just inside the gate to the left, just to the left of the Fast Lane sales booth. Get him measured there as soon as you enter the park; they will give him a wristband indicating his height so that he doesn't have to be measured at every ride. If he's just barely under 48" (or another mark), remember to tell him to stand up straight, knees locked, and head up for maximum height. I've heard that taking a deep breath and holding it helps also.

Have fun!

Edited by jcgoble3
  • Like 1

Well I saw on the mobile sight it mentioned that they had them in Planet Snoopy. But if all else fails, I'm sure I could get him to try the pizza there. I know the pizza is good. And I'm sure this is was changed by the time I was last there but I don't remember, what did they turn the happy days diner into?

Happy Days Diner is now Jukebox Diner.

On the topic of restaurants changing. Wings Diner (or whatever the official name was) is now Red's Hall of Fame Grill. In addition to that, Bubba Gump's Shrimp Shack is no more... it is now Hank's Burrito Shack. I have no comment on the burritos though, I still can't get over the fact that there is no longer seafood anywhere in the park. :(

• Like 1

There's no seafood anywhere? That sucks :-( another odd question, is the food the same at the jukebox diner. At the happy days diner. I loved the happy days burger because of the sauce lol. I am so glad I found this website. After our first trip. We plan on going every other week.

• Like 2