5/22/2013

coasterfanatic83

I was able to visit KI today because of weather issues giving me a day off from work! Like most of my trip reports, I'll keep this one short and sweet!

• Walk-ons on most rides, including Firehawk, Diamondback, and Vortex.
  • I had only ridden Surf Dog once prior to today, and it is pretty fun!
  • Seat 5-1 on Vortex did feel a little different than the others to me.
  • Dodgem car #35 did feel a little faster to me than the others, but I didn't get to try #9.
  • My girlfriend finally knew what B&M meant when I said something about it! I guess being annoying pays off eventually :)
  • They were doing a silent walk-through of Rock n Roll Never Forgets in Festhaus today. It was interesting to see people up there dancing in sync and not hearing any music!
  • Whatever happens with Project 2014, I am excited about it.

Just a few thoughts from an impromptu trip! If you have any questions, feel free to ask, and thanks for reading!

• Like 9

My wife heard me say B&M when talking about King's Island and she thought I said I had a BM when I was at the park. (talk about a load of crap)

Oh well - as the song goes......"when will they ever learn?"

• Like 6

My wife and I were at the park yesterday with my four year old niece (who barely reached the 44" line!). She was a real trooper- we rode The Scrambler first, then walked through Dinosaurs Alive! She loved every minute of it, and when the first growl and movement came she stepped back a bit. After that, as we made every turn she got more and more excited. She really enjoyed it and I wouldn't be surprised if she wanted to do it again.

After that, we headed to the Reds Hall of Fame Grille. Food was great, service was slow....not sure if its staffing or what, but generally when you order drinks at a sit down restaurant you receive them within a few minutes. We waited at least 10. The server was friendly. The food took about 25-30 minutes, but it wasn't a big deal because at least it was FRESH. My wife and I both got the Red Leg burger with fries and my niece ordered chicken tenders with applesauce. On a side note, my wife really likes sweet potato fries. They're stil listed on the menu, but apparently they don't serve them anymore.

From there we (or she) rode the train, Race For Your Life Charlie Brown (2x), The Kite Eating Tree (2x), Character Carousel (2x), Woodstock Whirlybirds, Snoopy vs. The Red Baron (2x), Boo Blasters (2x), The Great Pumpkin Coaster (2x), Peanuts 500 (2x), Woodstock Express (4x). We started making our way back the way we came and rode Linus Launcher and Race for Your Life Charlie Brown.

She had a blast, and so did we. It was the first trip I've taken where I wasn't running from Diamondback to The Beast to FOF...etc...but it was so much fun seeing her have a blast and take in all these new experiences and thrills. The look on her face at the top of Woodstock Express was PRICELESS. We weren't really sure how "high" she would go, but she was so excited to ride Woodstock Express. She laughed and screamed the entire time. Such a joy...

EDIT: Lines were nonexistent. It was the slowest day at the park I've seen in a while.

Next trip, Sunday! I'm thinking it will be busy with this weekend's Tribute to the Armed Forces. It will be my wife and I with a couple of friends- one of which has never been to Kings Island.

• Like 6