"Carol Ann`s Carousel" to open in 2015

Here is the information.

Set to open in 2015, this new carousel will feature hand carved carousel horsed by Carousel Works, of Mansfield, OH.

For those of you who have not checked out the Banks and the new Smale Riverfront park in Cincinnati, it is becoming quite a place to go visit. Definitely worth a visit. Especially before or after a Reds game!

• Like 5

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20130523/NEWS01/305230032/Smale-Park-s-next-wow-A-giant-glass-enclosed-carousel

Your link is a dead end CoastersRZ I hope this one will work. I personally can not wait for this one, any chance the streetcar will drop me off there? Who am I kidding, the Carousel will probably take me farther than that thing will.

Here is the information.

Set to open in 2015, this new carousel will feature hand carved carousel horsed by Carousel Works, of Mansfield, OH.

For those of you who have not checked out the Banks and the new Smale Riverfront park in Cincinnati, it is becoming quite a place to go visit. Definitely worth a visit. Especially before or after a Reds game!

Hmm. Thats odd. No matter what I do it is truncating the link. http://mysmaleriverfrontpark.org/newsroom.htm Try this link, and click on the first item under the Press Release Archives heading.

Here's a working link:

Haile Foundation Donates $5 Million to Create "Carol Ann's Carousel"

(The apostrophe was interfering with the BBCode markup, being treated as a single quotation mark. The solution in to enclose the quote in double quotation marks.)

I saw the topic title and thought this was going to be a haunt attraction to be built somewhere, based on one of my favorite horror movies of all time. Every time I see the name Carol Ann(e), I instantly think of Poltergeist and Zelda Rubenstein's famous line "Don't go into the light, Carol Anne!" Oh well...

I think this will look nice along the river. I haven't been down to The Banks yet, I really should make it down there.

• Like 3

• 9 months later...

I know that this is a bit of a topic bump, but the Cincinnati Parks created a video highlighting how Carousel Works in Mansfield, Ohio crafts their hand carved wooden horses. See the video link below. The carousel is slated to open next spring at the Smale Riverfront Park, which is located adjacent to Great American Ball Park.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paNkA1A62kI

• Like 6

• 1 year later...