USF Announces Simpsons Expansion

While once again this isn't a well kept secret to anyone who has been to the park in the past few months and witnessed the construction, Universal made it official yesterday:

https://media.universalorlando.com/PressRelease/detail.aspx?id=34669&ct=27752

This looks like a fun, little expansion...a nice plus to be thrown in with Transformers.

In addition to this, Transformers, and Harry Potter, aren't there rumors of an expansion the Jurassic Park area as well?

The Simpsons expansion looks very cool, almost seems like a scaled down Wizarding World, where you step into the world of your favorite characters and get to eat and drink and experience places like you're actually there. Very cool. Universal has been making a crazy amount of improvements in additions lately, I can't wait to get down there to experience them all.

• Like 1

I know that they'll have Duff Beer, but the question I want to know is will they also be serving Flaming Moes?

I'm excited to see this, but I don't know when we'll be going down there again. The Simpsons Ride was one of our favorite things at the park. I was sad about the loss of Back to the Future, but I think they did a better job with The Simpsons.

• Like 1

^Flaming Moes would be pretty cool, I doubt they would though for liability and possibly liquor laws. I know I'm not allowed to sell any flaming drinks in Knoxville, TN but we have some of the strictest liquor laws in the country. That said this area is far more interesting to me then WWOHP now they just need to add Evergreen Terrace Resort and a Nuclear Power Plant dark ride.

• Like 1

I know that they'll have Duff Beer, but the question I want to know is will they also be serving Flaming Moes?

I'm excited to see this, but I don't know when we'll be going down there again. The Simpsons Ride was one of our favorite things at the park. I was sad about the loss of Back to the Future, but I think they did a better job with The Simpsons.

So, I can't speak for the accuracy of the comment, but someone posted on one of the other enthusiast sites that "Flaming Moes" were unlikely because apparently Florida's liquor laws prohibit flaming drinks! (Again...can't comment on the accuracy, but thought it was an interesting thought.)

• Like 1