Your KI Diet

SonofBaconator

Rivertown LaRosa's ( no breadsticks, please).

Do they charge less for forgoing them? Menu board prices there are for "combos" of pizza and breadsticks.

I believe you can buy the 2 slices of pizza separately. Though I've never been in the Rivertown LaRosa's, only the one in the Festhaus.

• Like 2

Hank's burrito, with rice, chicken, black beans, lettuce, cheese, and a little bit of guacamole is my favorite.

I've also developed a taste for the orange chicken at Panda Express this year, despite the fact that I generally don't like Chinese food.

I may get some cheese coneys or a 3-way at I-Street Skyline occasionally, though like Terpy I would vastly prefer Gold Star.

Two scoops of cookies and cream ice cream in a dish from Graeter's is a common stop for me on my way out when I've stayed until closing on a hot summer night.

Sometimes on a hot afternoon, I'll grab a chocolate milkshake from the ice cream stand on the back side of Juke Box Diner.

LaRosa's is typically avoided unless I'm with a group that wants to eat there.

I'd like to try the ribs at the Reds Grille, but I can't eat a full rack, so I would need someone else to split them with, and I'm usually by myself.

• Like 2

The Rivertown LaRosa's whenever possible. I love the atmosphere of that little place versus the Festhaus. The International Street location is nice, too, but it doesn't have Vortex right above your head. :)

Whenever I'm in the mood for it, blue ice cream--but only from Ice Scream Zone.

• Like 4

Breakfast: 8am
I'll make us something homemade at the house

Lunch:11am or 12pm depends on how long the lines are.
We'll pack our own lunch, we estimated that this saves us $20-30 dollars

Dinner:5pm or 6pm depends on how long the lines are.

We end up actually driving about 8minutes away from the park and go to TGI fridays or Apple Bees

we estimated this saves us around $8 dollars a person.

During the park we'll eat little things here n there(blue ice cream/funnel cakes/Potato works fries) this is about it tho.

So really at the end of the day, the money we saved from lunch & dinner, really goes to games & snacks in the park. So all is well.

• Like 3

Gluten free pizza in Festhaus or Chili Cheese Fries from Skyline have been my steady diet in the past.... Although I may have to expand my horizons to some of the options at Coney Potato Works this year!

Asides from the gluten free options, generally go with a Cherry Vanilla Coke from the Freestyle Machines or a Mello Yello from anywhere that has it. Other than that I gotta get ice cream...chocolate or blueberry twist in a dish!

I remember the days when I could only eat a bag of chips, a Coke, and some Dip n Dots... Man how times have changed. (For the better in this case)

• Like 3

LaRosa's is my go-to food most of the time. Of all 3 locations, I actually prefer the International Street location. I kind like to people-watch plus just the allure of that area plus the fountains is relaxing to me. I'll probably start eating at the Reds restaurant quite a bit as I LOVE Montgomery Inn BBQ and I'm a diehard Reds fan, not to mention its right by my favorite wood and steel coaster. :D I'm also a patron of Graeter's, the blue ice cream, and Rivertown Potato Works, where I used to work during the 2004 season, not good when they were hitting sewer lines to make way for Italian Job and the train rushes when the water park closed. O.o

The only time I ever eat Skyline at the park is in October. I can't stand chili in hot weather.

• Like 2

As much as I love Skyline and LaRosa's, I hate eating them at KI. Skyline kills my stomach and LaRosa's hurts real bad going up the DB lift hill. (Yet somehow I always end up eating at either of the two stores) :P

And of course I have to have my chili cheese fries from potato works and a funnel cake.

• Like 1

I might get fries in Rivertown, pizza in Rivertown, blue "whatever it is" on a cone in Planet Snoopy, and some Coke-a-cola in the Festhaus. My daughter will usually get watermelon in the Festhaus. Outside of that, lots and lots of free water.

Sorry, Dippin' Dots guy.

If it was up to me I wouldn't eat all day, but when my group decides to eat I usually end up getting something with them.

I usually drink an Arnold Palmer on the way to the park. This year I get a pulled pork sandwich at the Red's Grille. On the way home we stop at Speedway and I get a speedy freeze that is a mix between cherry flavored and Coke and then I also get a Little Debbie Cosmic Brownie.

• Like 2