Your KI Diet

SonofBaconator

I almost always end up with a pretzel w/cheese during the day. Either Skyline or LaRosa's for dinner, and most visits will stop for a blue/vanilla twist cone. I haven't had Potato Works in ages though, and reading through this thread is making me want to change that this summer.

Potato Works shares almost nothing with French Fries other than being potatoes fried. The potatoes are cut much, much thicker and the texture is more like slightly crunchy baked potato. In all my travels, I've never encountered anything else quite like them. Especially when hot, they are delightful. That stand has to generate huge profits for the park. And now there are two.

• Like 4

Potato Works shares almost nothing with French Fries other than being potatoes fried. The potatoes are cut much, much thicker and the texture is more like slightly crunchy baked potato. In all my travels, I've never encountered anything else quite like them. Especially when hot, they are delightful. That stand has to generate huge profits for the park. And now there are two.

As a former employee of the Rivertown Potato works, I can attest to how busy it can be. I had the fortunate (or unfortunate) timing of my first days being over the 4th of July weekend in 2004. That and among other weekends we had lines extending all the way across the midway. It got really bad when there's a train rush from when the water park closed for the evening (or just the train pulling up in general). There was also the fact that one who worked there came out smelling like peanut oil, which I kind of got used to. Lots of shenanigans as well to make it interesting. :P

• Like 2

As a former employee of the Rivertown Potato works, I can attest to how busy it can be. I had the fortunate (or unfortunate) timing of my first days being over the 4th of July weekend in 2004. That and among other weekends we had lines extending all the way across the midway. It got really bad when there's a train rush from when the water park closed for the evening (or just the train pulling up in general). There was also the fact that one who worked there came out smelling like peanut oil, which I kind of got used to. Lots of shenanigans as well to make it interesting. :P

Interesting. I may give them a try next month.

Just this past year, my love for Panda Express has grown significantly. When I visit the park, Chinese food sounds awful or I'm craving something else, such as Potato Works, but as soon as I get hungry, I have a craving for Orange Chicken and Rice with a bottle of water (simply cause I hate the little cups).

The McDonalds is located approximately 1 mile away from the park...assuming your car gets 20 MPG and gas is $3.64 (current average in Cincinnati), you're spending $0.36 in gas...considering you can get a combo at McDonalds for about $6, I would say there is a major cost advantage. Especially if you order off the value menu.

I choose to eat in the park the majority of the time, but I understand why people leave the park.

• Like 1

usually a pretzel from the main food stands in Planet Snoopy when we get to the park (which is typically middle of the week at nights). I've made the mistake (and thankfully they exchanged them at the central food stands in Planet Snoopy) of picking up some preztels from the stand b/w woodstock express and the kiddie bumber cars while my wife & son were on boo blasters. they don't always have them, and it most not be a popular purchase as they seemed like they'd been there all day; hard as a rock. I've never had one from the stand that is centrally located, kind of my the pumpkin coaster. I've never had a problem w/ the pretzels over by festhause, now that they are auntie ann's we'll probably hit that one when we get to the park.

I'm not a huge fan of Larosa's in particular, its good, but not great (though I love the sauce). Its even worse in the park, I'd call it edible, and that's about it. Of course that is what we usually get if we eat dinner there. I understand the difficulty in producing a pizza on par w/ the regular restaurant, but I wish they'd implement some sort of system where you could get a freshly made, just to you order pizza, with fresh dough, etc.... (I could be wrong, but the crust always tastes like its been made in some factory, frozen and shipped to KI, perhaps they do this at all LaRosa's, but the regular store dough seems much better to me.)

This is a bit off topic, sorta lol Do you still get the discount if you have gold season passes on the food at like Subway or Lorosas? When I went with my church years ago, it was Pizza and dip n dots :)

They do have the deals for subs and pizza, although those are really only useful for groups of four. Gold passers get a reduced price on the Backyard BBQ too.