Disneyland arrest: Employee arrested after dry ice explosion

A million dollars bail?? for a first time offender? That seems excessive.

I was thinking exactly the same thing. That's the kind of bail I'd expect on a murder charge or on someone who has previously demonstrated that he is a flight risk, not something like this.

When people go to WDW, they tend to turn their brains off unfortunately. Other sources say he was allowed to remain in the park but had to leave his gun with security until he exited the park and was warned not to bring it in again.

"Didn't know Disney World patrons weren't allowed to bring guns". Really? What do you think? Having a concealed carry permit comes with a lot of responsibility - including knowing whether or not property owners permit guns. It does not seem logical that a large amusement park would allow guns on the property - especially one that is family-oriented.

Also, on the subject of the dry ice incident - there is more to the story than that article tells.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/no-injuries-apparent-dry-ice-disneyland-blast

Disneyland officials on the park's Twitter account called the explosion "a small bang," and said that "in an abundance of caution, the area was evacuated." They said they were working with local authorities.

Anaheim police investigated with assistance from an Orange County sheriff's bomb squad.

About two hours after the explosion the review was completed, the area was deemed safe and guests were allowed to return to Toontown, Disneyland said.

I still think a million dollars bail is ridiculous, but maybe the judge feels the scariness of sitting in a jail cell awaiting a trial is the best punishment for this prankster, especially if he has no criminal record. Such an experience would be far more likely to make you think twice about your actions than the monetary costs of such a prank (which you can no longer afford to pay given that you're now unemployed). I'm guessing Disney also told him kindly not to set foot on their property again.

• Like 1

Why would I bring a gun to the park? There's security there. They have guns. It's not like villainous rogues are going to descend on the park en masse, like in Ralphie Parker's daydreams.

If you live in such a bad part of town that you need a gun to enter and exit your home, then leave the gun in the car safe or the locked glovebox.