intamin track on south i71 columbus

Big Sexy

What rides currently at KI are from Intamin? I honestly can't keep track of most of the manufacturers, particularly the flat rides.

The Eiffel Tower, Viking Fury, White Water Canyon, Drop Tower, and Congo Falls I believe are the only rides at Kings Island built by Intamin.

So far.....

• Like 2

If Intamin track is traveling down I-71 and if it is heading towards KI, the best place to spot it will be from the tower this afternoon. As soon as the track gets to the park, they're going to use a crane to lift it off the truck and get the truck in its way to its next destination.

Question, I don't follow roller coaster construction, but since KI is in the early stages, why would the track be showing up so soon? There are no supports going up, so it would seem like that track would sit out on site waiting for installment for several months. Just seems like a bass akwards construction schedule; I would have expected most of the footers to be installed prior to the first supports/track showing up. But like I said, I'm not at all familar, so what do I know.

I'm not jumping to conclusions, either. I merely inferred there are places where someone could legally park and keep an eye open to confirm IF the track was being delivered to Kings Island.

Would they take that route to get to Dollywood?

If they were coming from Maryland, they would most likely head southwest along I-81 through Virginia and on into Tennessee.

We don't know for sure if the track is for Kings Island or not.

Talk about jumping to conclusions.

If you are referring to me, then you are jumping to conclusions by assuming I believe this is Kings Island's track.

Just because I posted after you doesn't mean you were the one I was referring to.

Now you're jumping to conclusions! ;)

We don't know for sure if the track is for Kings Island or not.

Talk about jumping to conclusions.

If you are referring to me, then you are jumping to conclusions by assuming I believe this is Kings Island's track.

Just because I posted after you doesn't mean you were the one I was referring to.

Now you're jumping to conclusions! ;)

Well then, who is jumping to conclusions? Because I just find your post to be random or out of place.

If it was indeed spotted on that strip of highway, its highly likely to be going to KI. It would be silly to disregard the probability.

Now until I get this track sighting verified, this could just be a hoax from Big Sexy. ;)

• Like 2

Would they take that route to get to Dollywood?

they'd like head down I-81 thru WV to get to dollywood.

I-71 would be the quickest route from Columbus to Dollywood5F52A71F-E7E8-4311-A4A1-0281F467F264-120

Yes from Columbus it would be the fastest rout however if the track was made in Maryland??

It's amazing how quickly we got from "it's going to be a B&M" to "it's going to be an Intamin".

The fact that Intamin track was spotted on I-71 near Columbus means absolutely nothing. I-71 happens to be a very convenient shortcut for truckers, being one of the few interstate highways that runs northeast-southwest.

• Like 2

It's amazing how quickly we got from "it's going to be a B&M" to "it's going to be an Intamin".

The fact that Intamin track was spotted on I-71 near Columbus means absolutely nothing. I-71 happens to be a very convenient shortcut for truckers, being one of the few interstate highways that runs northeast-southwest.

2 things

1.) the shipment is coming down 71 with a supposed Intamin track piece (it couldn't be going back to Maryland

2.) Where is Kings Island located? Off of I-71.

I'm not saying its for KI but the anticipation is building tremendously. It's been 4 years since KI has built a new coaster, so this is extremely exciting

The other question is, how do we know that the track in question wasn't Mack, Zierer or even Gerstlauer? All three of those companies use track that is very similar to Intamin box-style track. I would say that it would be especially difficult to discern the exact company if it was only seen via a quick glance from across the freeway. Interesting development though.

• Like 2

Gad198 brings up a good point, rumors I've been hearing is that Mack could be the manufacturer for the Dollywood ride. Now I am not saying the track is or isn't Intamin that was spotted, but it's a possibility.

By the way does Mack have a USA plant? If so where?