intamin track on south i71 columbus

Big Sexy

Any possibility this is going to Holiday World?

Sure, it's possible, since I-71 connects to I-64, which is the closest interstate highway, but there hasn't been any news of construction at HW.

Gad198 brings up a good point, rumors I've been hearing is that Mack could be the manufacturer for the Dollywood ride. Now I am not saying the track is or isn't Intamin that was spotted, but it's a possibility.

By the way does Mack have a USA plant? If so where?

A Google search doesn't turn up anything - it seems most of their operations are from their headquarters in Germany, though they do have sales reps in the US associated with the company Leisure Labs LLC (which also sells rides from three other companies).

• Like 1

^
Taking pictures from Drop Tower without park permission while the ride is running...ugh. For shame. What if you drop that camera? Someone could have been seriously hurt.... <_<

(Talking to the CoasterFusion dude, not Rumor Smasher as he did not do this...I hope...)

• Like 2

If roller coaster track is indeed coming through Columbus, the project involved can't stay secret much longer.

In case anyone's interested enough to reload traffic cameras over and over, here's a traffic camera of I-71 south of the I-70/I-71 split:

http://cmhimg01.dot.state.oh.us/images/CMH/CMH069-L.jpg (left side is southbound)

In case one camera's not enough, here's a list of them all: http://www.buckeyetraffic.org/services/Cameras.aspx

To be truly thorough, one might want to check I-270 bypassing Columbus. That list should include every operating traffic camera in the state.

If it was coming from I70 it would more than likely taken 2701 around the southeast of Columbus.

I'm not so worried after reading all this about where the track is going, but come on guys, if someone has taken the time to register and post here, they KNOW what an Intamin track looks like! From someone who actually saw The Bat when it was there, I'm hopeful for an Intamin coaster. What is with B&M having to put a break run in all of their rides? It kills the Diamondback ride. It kills Gatekeeper. Milennium Force is balls to the wall until it hits the brake. Let's hope!!

Millennium Force has worse capacity than B&M rides because of the lack of a mid course brake run. It can only run one train at the time versus Diamondback which can run two trains. It may dampen the thrill [slightly] but it gets you through the line faster.

• Like 1

Yea, I'm going have to say that you made this up. After doing enough research today, there is no trace of your green track anywhere.

People of KIC, false alarm, there was no green track that Big Sexy speaks of. I'm sure hes enjoying getting you guys all riled up.

Actually I found this green track..... :lol:

also before you call me a liar, the weight stations would beg to differ.

• Like 1

With millennium force's two stations load/unload its not bad capacity wise. Cedar Point's crew routinely hits interval better than KI's Diamondback crew for years.

According to that line of argument, shouldn't Flight of Fear have an amazing capacity because of its separate load/unload stations?
  • Like 3

With millennium force's two stations load/unload its not bad capacity wise. Cedar Point's crew routinely hits interval better than KI's Diamondback crew for years.

According to that line of argument, shouldn't Flight of Fear have an amazing capacity because of its separate load/unload stations?

Diamondback has a listing of 325 more pph than force. Millennium routinely sends a train out as the train running the track is coming out of the last tunnel. Diamondback should have a train half way up the lift or 2/3's when the train on the track hits the mid course brake. Routinely there is stacking taking place and the b&ms should be quicker with no seat belt.

Flight of Fear should hit 2000 pph hitting interval routinely but they are lucky to get 1000pph with all the stacking.

Yea, I'm going have to say that you made this up. After doing enough research today, there is no trace of your green track anywhere.

People of KIC, false alarm, there was no green track that Big Sexy speaks of. I'm sure hes enjoying getting you guys all riled up.

Actually I found this green track..... :lol:

also before you call me a liar, the weight stations would beg to differ.

I never claimed it was going to KI, just that I saw intamin track. Get your facts straight brother. as far as we know it could be in a storage wharehouse KI rents to store stuff.

• Like 1

I have been to CP twice and Ki three times this season. I hate to say it cause KI is my home park but there is no comparison.

If there is no comparison between Cedar Point and Kings Island, why do you continue to compare the two?
  • Like 2

Can we please not make a big deal over this? A rookie caused some confusion and hopefully he or she has learned from it...

You're on an amusement park fansite that, within the past month, has accumulated close to two thousand posts in a single thread comprised of wild assumptions and baseless conclusions that, not only is a coaster of immeasurable size being built on the grave site of several previous rides, but it is somehow universally concluded to be a gigacoaster from B&M Intamin (insert company name here) destined to be the park's true flagship attraction; we should leave the pot to continue calling the kettle black on this one. ;)

• Like 4

I haven't posted anything in this thread before now.

I believe we are having CNN syndrome - instant reporting of everything and anything.

Notice - I didn't say FOX syndrome because it's not fair and balanced.

However, it is Cedar Fair (still not balanced, though).

(to the tune of "My Favorite Things")

Raindrops on mud piles with B & M footers

Green track was spotted - does verifying matter?

Grey posts are lying in grass, just up north

Waiting for Don to share news July 4th

- apologies to Rodgers & Hammerstein

• Like 8

I haven't posted anything in this thread before now.

I believe we are having CNN syndrome - instant reporting of everything and anything.

Notice - I didn't say FOX syndrome because it's not fair and balanced.

However, it is Cedar Fair (still not balanced, though).

(to the tune of "My Favorite Things")

Raindrops on mud piles with B & M footers

Green track was spotted - does verifying matter?

Grey posts are lying in grass, just up north

Waiting for Don to share news July 4th

- apologies to Rodgers & Hammerstein

I honestly sang that outloud.. very funny! :D