intamin track on south i71 columbus

Big Sexy

Yea, I'm going have to say that you made this up. After doing enough research today, there is no trace of your green track anywhere.

People of KIC, false alarm, there was no green track that Big Sexy speaks of. I'm sure hes enjoying getting you guys all riled up.

Actually I found this green track..... :lol:

also before you call me a liar, the weight stations would beg to differ.

I never claimed it was going to KI, just that I saw intamin track. Get your facts straight brother. as far as we know it could be in a storage wharehouse KI rents to store stuff.

You did claim you seen green track on I-71 Southbound and thats what my research revolved around. Thanks for them mid summer KI rumors that are so much fun ;)

• Like 1

Just because the green track didn't end up at Kings Island doesn't mean that some of us aren't interested in where it is actually going. Some of us do follow the happenings of parks outside Kings Island.

Just sayin'.

• Like 9

Make's me wonder if KI has an off site location to store track till it's time(I know that when they are building the coaster they stage on the parking lot) Until it's time to build, Plus even if it's not for KI i'm excited to see where it's going.

Strange, every coaster track on a flatbed in the past 5 years thats traveled on I-71(in Ohio) has popped up on weight station logs & multiple media outlets.

And now mysteriously this green track that was allegedly to be seen, made it to its location(or out of Ohio for that matter) without a peep on any media outlet and no logs at any check point weight station? Maybe this was an advertisement for the "Now You See Me" movie.

• Like 8

Out through the fields and the woods
And over the walls I have wended;
I have climbed the hills of view
And looked at the world, and descended;
I have come by the highway home,
And lo, it is ended.

I wonder if Robert Frost enjoyed roller coasters.

• Like 2

Out through the fields and the woods

And over the walls I have wended;

I have climbed the hills of view

And looked at the world, and descended;

I have come by the highway home,

And lo, it is ended.

I wonder if Robert Front enjoyed roller coasters.

I think you mean Robert Frost.

Edit: Never mind, see you corrected already :P

I'm not so worried after reading all this about where the track is going, but come on guys, if someone has taken the time to register and post here, they KNOW what an Intamin track looks like! From someone who actually saw The Bat when it was there, I'm hopeful for an Intamin coaster. What is with B&M having to put a break run in all of their rides? It kills the Diamondback ride. It kills Gatekeeper. Milennium Force is balls to the wall until it hits the brake. Let's hope!!

I would guess there are many people on here who could not tell a track company by just looking at it for a brief moment. heck I have been on this site for a few years and still could not tell you a difference between a BM and Intamin...

• Like 2

Not being able to distinguish B&M track from Intamin track is like not being able to distinguish an apple from an orange.

In which there are people who cannot distinguish an apple from a orange

I count myself among the average roller coaster fan that can't tell one make of track from the other track. When it comes to how the ride is constructed, the specs of the ride or the science behind the ride and the details of the ride, it does not matter to us. We just want a ride that is fun and exciting to ride and makes us want to ride it again. All that I can tell you for sure is if it is a steel track or a coaster made from wood. Speaking of wood, I would love to see a wood coaster instead of a steel coaster. I love the feel of a wooden coaster over the steel.

• Like 1

The distinction between Intamin track and B&M track could not be any more obvious. Since these two companies are undoubtedly the most relevant coaster manufacturers anymore, they're the only ones to pay attention to, and the appearance of the track (I-305 being an Intamin exception) have their own looks. I personally don't understand how you couldn't spot the difference if asked to do so. It's not even about knowing what manufacturer name is attached to which ride type, you could just look at say Mantis at CP and know it's Track Type 1 (B&M) and look at Millennium Force and call it Track Type 2 (Intamin). If you could not even distinguish the difference between these two, you would have serious trouble distinguishing between let's say a circle and a square.

• Like 1

^ Wow... Guess we'll have to strip KI-ORIG-EMP of his Kings Island Fan Card. The nerve! How dare he not know!

It's not quite that serious, compadre. I don't think there's any shame in not knowing or caring how to recognize the difference between major manufacturers' tracks.

• Like 5

There is only one roller coaster that I knew who designed it and made it, that is The Beast, which was designed by Charlie Dinn and was built in-house. Charlie used to be my boss when I was working for him in the maintenance department at Kings Island back in 1974. As for who made the various roller coaster, I don't care as long as it is fun and exiting to ride. I can't even tell you the details of the ride nor tell you about the braking systems that it has. I am just an average rider that might ride a coaster two or three times in a day.

• Like 2

There is only one roller coaster that I knew who designed it and made it, that is The Beast, which was designed by Charlie Dinn and was built in-house. Charlie used to be my boss when I was working for him in the maintenance department at Kings Island back in 1974. As for who made the various roller coaster, I don't care as long as it is fun and exiting to ride. I can't even tell you the details of the ride nor tell you about the braking systems that it has. I am just an average rider that might ride a coaster two or three times in a day.

Then what did Al Collins do (and Jeff Gramke claims he did, too)?

Hint: I have always been told, by Charlie himself and by his daughter Denise, that Charlie Dinn built and supervised the construction of Beast, but Al Collins was chiefly responsible for the design, and that even John Allen looked at the design.

I've never heard that Charlie Dinn designed Beast.

• Like 1

Stakotra Manufacturing fabricates Components (Track, Uprights, etc.) for Intamin, Zierer, Gerstlauer, Maurer-Söhne, Zamperla, & Huss. They have also Fabricated Trains/Chassis for Intamin, Zierer, Gerstlauer, Maurer-Söhne, B&M, Zamperla, & Lagoon (BomBora Trains). Rutin Ltd. has also frabricated Components for Intamin as well. IntaRide, LLC is the U.S. Division of Intamin and has an Office in Glen Burnie, MD.

So you know RC?

• Like 1

The distinction between Intamin track and B&M track could not be any more obvious. Since these two companies are undoubtedly the most relevant coaster manufacturers anymore, they're the only ones to pay attention to, and the appearance of the track (I-305 being an Intamin exception) have their own looks. I personally don't understand how you couldn't spot the difference if asked to do so. It's not even about knowing what manufacturer name is attached to which ride type, you could just look at say Mantis at CP and know it's Track Type 1 (B&M) and look at Millennium Force and call it Track Type 2 (Intamin). If you could not even distinguish the difference between these two, you would have serious trouble distinguishing between let's say a circle and a square.

We dont claim to not be able to tell a difference in track, but we claim to not be able to tell what manufacturer makes the track...

But your ability to look at track and know the company makes you a better enthusiast than the rest of us. Congrats you have won. You win the internet. The rest of us probably should just go home now. Come On KI-ORIG, lets go ride some rides that we dont know who made and probably dont care very much...

• Like 9

Alright, as long as you're capable of telling the difference between an Intamin and a B&M ride, it's not really important what the manufacturer's names are if it doesn't interest you. I thought some weren't able to even tell the difference between an Intamin and a B&M.

• Like 2

I can tell the difference between most coasters, but I just refuse to acknowledge it at every chance available while at a park to random patrons boring them to death like I have seen some guys do in ride lines (most recently Flight Deck).

• Like 6