intamin track on south i71 columbus

Big Sexy

If roller coaster track is indeed coming through Columbus, the project involved can't stay secret much longer.

In case anyone's interested enough to reload traffic cameras over and over, here's a traffic camera of I-71 south of the I-70/I-71 split:

http://cmhimg01.dot.state.oh.us/images/CMH/CMH069-L.jpg (left side is southbound)

In case one camera's not enough, here's a list of them all: http://www.buckeyetraffic.org/services/Cameras.aspx

To be truly thorough, one might want to check I-270 bypassing Columbus. That list should include every operating traffic camera in the state.

• Like 2

They have a facility in Glen Burnie, MD. I would possibly drive through Columbus if my route was MD to Kings Island.

It makes perfect sense... 70 to 68 to 79 back to 70, or 70 up to the PA turnpike and back onto 70... Both go into Columbus, where 71 is a straight shot southwest.

I've used that route from Columbus to NYC and Columbus to Baltimore many times.

Couldn't take pic driving as going opposite direction. Should have not posted, I don't know where it was going etc. I was just excited. Its either cinci, chicago?

I'm sure that would make someone excited. It's certainly interesting. If it was heading south on I-71, it's highly doubtful it was on its way to Chicago.

Is there any place to legally park around Kings Island for a couple of hours to sit and look for a truck with green track entering the property?

I would venture to guess that this material would be delivered and staged near the greenhouses, close to the old Wild Animal Habitat and SOB site.

^ A less visible route would be to exit onto OH-48 and take that to Columbia Rd.

Okay, that's true enough. Good point. Anyone need to do a bit of shopping at Target or Kohl's on Rt. 48? But I'm not sure why it matters if the route is less visible. Once the track starts being delivered (basing this on assumption), it would become visible from the Eiffel Tower, no?

If the sighting happened a little before 1:16 today, the truck could already be near Kings Island.

Probably true. And I know I wouldn't be able to make it over there in time to keep my eyes peeled for it.

What rides currently at KI are from Intamin? I honestly can't keep track of most of the manufacturers, particularly the flat rides.

The Eiffel Tower, Viking Fury, White Water Canyon, Drop Tower, and Congo Falls I believe are the only rides at Kings Island built by Intamin.
  • Like 1