Our Terrible Predictions

CharleyTheDinosaur

I've been reading this forum for years but this is my first time posting. I thought it might be interesting to post our official predictions of the new attraction in 2014 before any reliable information leaks out. Lets see if anybody gets well anything correct. Try to keep any predictions limited to something that may actually be built (ie no 600ft hyperstrato coasters with 26 inversions) Add any categories you feel necessary in your prediction.

Here's mine:

Type: B&M Floorless

Height: 170ft

Inversions: 6

Track color: Tan

Support color: Dark green

Theme: Dinosaurs (this prediction has nothing to do with my screen name. Just thought it would be a tie-in with Dinosaurs Alive)

Mine would be....

Type- B&M Invert

Height-220'

Drop- 235'

Inversions- 6

Track Color- YellowIsh green

Supports- Almost white with lift hill supports red

Theme- how does one theme a Strata-Soar?

Yes I know strata implies 400' + but doesn't have to.

Wow I was thinking the same thing. A play on words with "soar" and Dino"saur". Great minds think alike I guess.

• Like 1

Type: B&M Dive

Height: 270'+

Inversions: 4

Track color: Grey/Supports dark green

Theme: ?

Length: 4500' +

Hoping to see a Dive Coaster, one taller and faster than Griffon would be pretty amazing, plus these coasters provide a unique intimate view, if done right, for the guests and those waiting in line. With the 45 degree lift and turnaround into vertical drop it's all up close to view.

• Like 1

Type: B&M Dive

Height: 270'+

Inversions: 4

Track color: Grey/Supports dark green

Theme: ?

Length: 4500' +

Hoping to see a Dive Coaster, one taller and faster than Griffon would be pretty amazing, plus these coasters provide a unique intimate view, if done right, for the guests and those waiting in line. With the 45 degree lift and turnaround into vertical drop it's all up close to view.

I like your theme of "?". Knowing Cedar Fair's history I'd say this is really the most likely outcome.

• Like 6

Mine would be....

Type- B&M Invert

Height-220'

Drop- 235'

Inversions- 6

Wow I was thinking the same thing. A play on words with "soar" and Dino"saur". Great minds think alike I guess.

I can take no credit for that name as Cedar Fair trademarked it before the WindSeekers.

Mine would be....

Type- B&M Invert

Height-220'

Drop- 235'

Inversions- 6

I feel its a good idea. But I don't think I could really take it seriously. I think it would be a great 'kiddie' ride, but at this point I just want a coaster.

Manufacturer: B&M

Height: 361 feet tall, peak of lift hill to ground immediately below

Vertical drop: 405 feet, due to the wide variation in terrain in that area

Top speed: 112 mph

Inversions: None

Length: Whatever is needed to bring the world record for longest roller coaster back to KI (I don't feel like looking it up right now)

Theme: Roller coaster :P

I dont remember if it was something someone on here posted or if it was something someone from Kings Island posted (Maybe both) about the skyline (not the chili) looking so much different this season. I think it would be something big enough to give us that amazing skyline back. I know most people are saying Giga 300+ feet which would be great, but I'll go bold and say, How about the worlds largest stand up roller coaster? Paying respect to the King Cobra.

I dont remember if it was something someone on here posted or if it was something someone from Kings Island posted (Maybe both) about the skyline (not the chili) looking so much different this season. I think it would be something big enough to give us that amazing skyline back. I know most people are saying Giga 300+ feet which would be great, but I'll go bold and say, How about the worlds largest stand up roller coaster? Paying respect to the King Cobra.

Ow! Might be a bit painful, eh?

• Like 1