weight restriction?

Snowblush

Do any of the rides have a weight restriction? I've heard some complaints from larger friends that they couldn't ride the more popular rides, for example The Beast because they were a larger person. I'm just wondering if there is any truth behind this.

Ok. I was just wondering. I haven't been in years and when I had heard that I was like wow really. That must be embarrassing for those people. Maybe they should write a weight restriction then, to save from embarrassment :-(

Had a friend whose dad got on Tomb Raider and didn't fit so a ride op came over and pushed down on the restraint as hard as he could until it clicked. Then he walked away and started the ride.

Unfortunately he rode through the whole ride unable to breathe... :P

(good thing he could hold his breath for a long time)

When it took a couple ride ops to shove my restraint down on Drop Tower and Diamondback I was suddenly very motivated to lose weight, and I did.

I couldn't imagine being turned away from a ride, but I'm making sure that I never have to experience that.

I'm in the same boat last year i could barely squeeze into Diamond Back. and always needed a little push from an attendant. so I started dieting and had lost 45lbs before the start of this season. and have lost another 10 since. Good thing too because the Intamin restraints at Cedar Point were tight..

• Like 5

I honestly don't think attendants should be allowed to give an extra push on the restraints. If it does not meet the requirements, the mechanism should not be forced into making it work and get the required amount of click. I honestly don't understand when I see ride workers literally putting all their body weight on a restraint to make it close, it is unprofessional.

• Like 5

When it took a couple ride ops to shove my restraint down on Drop Tower and Diamondback I was suddenly very motivated to lose weight, and I did.

I couldn't imagine being turned away from a ride, but I'm making sure that I never have to experience that.

I'm in the same boat last year i could barely squeeze into Diamond Back. and always needed a little push from an attendant. so I started dieting and had lost 45lbs before the start of this season. and have lost another 10 since. Good thing too because the Intamin restraints at Cedar Point were tight..

Congrats on the loss! Yes, I knew I would not be able to ride the Intamins at the weight I was carrying. This year when I went to CP I had room to spare. Felt really good not to have to worry about it.

• Like 1

I am currently too big to ride most of the rides at the park. Last year I was about 400 pounds (Not my biggest) but since then I have lost about 40 pounds and I am still too big for most, but my two visits this year so far, I have been able to fit more comfortably on the rides that I was tight on last year. I tried the test seat on Diamondback and was able to get my entire butt in the seat but still have to get rid of some inches around my stomach. But my goal is to be able to ride Diamondback by July 4. I did not have too much to go actually. But I do still have quite a bit of work to do for The Beast. Adventure Express was definately an easier fit for me this year. Its definitely a plus that Flight Deck has taken off the seatbelt restraints. I am continuing to work on it. I actually have a Facebook page dedicated to my weight loss where I talk about my primary motivation is fitting on rides again at Kings Island. Its called Stephen Transforming and my first "note" or blog on there is about the feelings of the walk of shame. I wish everyone the best of luck. We will ge there.

• Like 8

I honestly don't think attendants should be allowed to give an extra push on the restraints. If it does not meet the requirements, the mechanism should not be forced into making it work and get the required amount of click. I honestly don't understand when I see ride workers literally putting all their body weight on a restraint to make it close, it is unprofessional.

I Couldnt Disagree More. Im a rider of the larger Variety And if it wasnt for those ride ops doing their Jobs, I wouldnt be able to ride Diamondback. How is it Unprofessional? Its doing what you can to create an Enjoyable experience for the Guest? That sounds like professional to me

• Like 2

I am currently too big to ride most of the rides at the park. Last year I was about 400 pounds (Not my biggest) but since then I have lost about 40 pounds and I am still too big for most, but my two visits this year so far, I have been able to fit more comfortably on the rides that I was tight on last year. I tried the test seat on Diamondback and was able to get my entire butt in the seat but still have to get rid of some inches around my stomach. But my goal is to be able to ride Diamondback by July 4. I did not have too much to go actually. But I do still have quite a bit of work to do for The Beast. Adventure Express was definately an easier fit for me this year. Its definitely a plus that Flight Deck has taken off the seatbelt restraints. I am continuing to work on it. I actually have a Facebook page dedicated to my weight loss where I talk about my primary motivation is fitting on rides again at Kings Island. Its called Stephen Transforming and my first "note" or blog on there is about the feelings of the walk of shame. I wish everyone the best of luck. We will ge there.

I was right there with ya man. I couldnt ride Diamondback last year either and i was about 320. Im 290 now and the last time I rode, I was able to get that 2nd click by myself. Its a great feeling. The Only ride at KI I currently cant ride is Drop Tower. Keep At It Dude!

• Like 5

I agree that the operators should be able to push on the restraints. After working at a park that was allowed to and then working at a park that was not, I can tell you that not being allowed to push is not only a large pain in the rear, it also just makes everyone mad and upset.

• Like 3

I am always reminded of that poor man who fell out of the Superman ride in New Jersey. The bar didn't go all the way and he was flung out towards the end. The person I really feel sorry for is the patron behind him that held onto his suspenders the best they could.

• Like 1

I am always reminded of that poor man who fell out of the Superman ride in New Jersey. The bar didn't go all the way and he was flung out towards the end. The person I really feel sorry for is the patron behind him that held onto his suspenders the best they could.

New Jersey?

I think you mean Darien Lake.

Or Six Flags New England.

The NJ Superman is a B&M Flyer and has had no serious injuries, much less deaths.

Right..I'd help a bit to see if I could get the restraint in or if they were just having difficulty with the belt which was a usual case, but if it didn't secure, I'm not pushing or slamming you in. I'm not promoting obesity here anymore. Going from on a military base and going off base, I see a big difference in waist measurements :P