weight restriction?

Snowblush

I have no problems with any of the restraints however, trying to buckle the seat belt if almost impossible for me (even in an automobile). It has nothing to do with my size, it has to do with not being able to turn to the side very well. Some ride opps will help or let my riding partner help, but some are real a-holes and refuse to provide any assistance - even after confirming that I fit perfectly in the test seat - nor will they allow anyone to help me.

So now - should the ride opps help or not? Where do you "draw the line in the sand?" Tread carefully my friends!

I'll help if assistance is needed like I said, the corkscrew seatbelts were a ***** for guests I won't lie. However we can tell who fits and who will do the walk of shame. For instance for corkscrew the bars on the side, if the harness was above them we knew they wouldn't fit, if it was close, we would assist, but we could somewhat tell.

If the seatbelt could latch and the guest simply couldn't reach the buckle then I would buckle it for them. If the seatbelt was clearly inches away from the buckle and the only way to get it to buckle was to struggle then I wouldnt even bother. Same goes for rides without seatbelts. I wasn't putting my ass on the line because of their unhealthy lifestyle.

I can't stand the parks that use the seat belts as the primary restraint, but have a lap bar or OSTR. Millennium Force and TTD, depending on the seat, the seat belt is either long enough to have slack or almost too short for me to latch. I've gained a little bit of weight, but not to the point where I'm not able to ride a ride. I understand the seat belts need to be latched, but a ride op/host had a conversation with me earlier on Millennium Force and when I sit down the 2nd time I'm struggling to get my seat belt latched? Really?

Right..I'd help a bit to see if I could get the restraint in or if they were just having difficulty with the belt which was a usual case, but if it didn't secure, I'm not pushing or slamming you in. I'm not promoting obesity here anymore. Going from on a military base and going off base, I see a big difference in waist measurements :P

Going from the enlisted, to the General Officers, I see an even bigger difference. And the lean, mean fighting machine that is the US Marines has it all over the other services slimwise. Then again, for the USAF to compare itself even to Army in that regard is comical, sir.

Essayons!

• Like 1

Bringing branches into this eh? At least coast guard wasn't brought up haha...but meh...army are a bunch of cool dudes to work with but Jesus christ...they do some stupid **** haha. Their leadership is really good though, great supervisors p, ours should take a look from time to time at some sncos and the discipline they instill...

But meh, air force isn't afraid to set down what were doing and save the day from time to time :-)

• Like 1