2013 KI Gay Pride Night

Cody

What is it with Kings Island and not making season passes valid for any other event they do?? I remember they used to say not valid for The Haunt and they weren't valid for Winter Fest.

Seems stupid to me, but from what I remember from working there it always has a good turn out, and that was over 5 years ago :)

What is it with Kings Island and not making season passes valid for any other event they do?? I remember they used to say not valid for The Haunt and they weren't valid for Winter Fest.

Seems stupid to me, but from what I remember from working there it always has a good turn out, and that was over 5 years ago :)

its actually not KI who puts on this event, its the Cincy GLBT center, we choose not to make season passes vaild because the ticket sales of pride night go towards the operations at the GLBT center. (we buy out the park, so all ticket sales go towards GLBT center, not KI)

• Like 3

its actually not KI who puts on this event, its the Cincy GLBT center, we choose not to make season passes vaild because the ticket sales of pride night go towards the operations at the GLBT center. (we buy out the park, so all ticket sales go towards GLBT center, not KI)

Ah ok :) that makes sense. I thought it was another case of KI being stingy LOL.

Ah ok :) that makes sense. I thought it was another case of KI being stingy LOL.

Nope nope, not at all, we are very blessed that the park lets us rent out every September, hope you come out!

• Like 2

Nope nope, not at all, we are very blessed that the park lets us rent out every September, hope you come out!

I won't be attending. I have no money (lost my job in June) and am hoping to attend Fall Freakout at CP at the end of September if I can come up with the funds but I wish y'all a fun successful event and most importantly peaceful!

• Like 3

I feel that having the night open to Passholders would make it too easy for haters and other d-bags to infiltrate the night and try to spoil the party. Most cowards (protesters) think twice if they have to actually PAY to spew their hate or ignorance, whereas if it didnt cost them a dime to get in it makes them much more bold.

EDIT: See you at Fall Freakout, Kat :)

• Like 4

I have never been to Pride Night at Kings Island. Am I right in assuming wonderfully choreographed dancing happens all around the Royal Fountain?

haha, maybe ;)

if you wanna see a wonderfully choreographed show, dont miss the drag queen show in the festhaus, its always fun, and I think some people sing afterwards.

• Like 1

Sounds like a fun night! I'll be going by myself, will I stick out like a sore thumb? I don't want to be "that guy" the only single person there.

Trust me, you will not be the only guy there solo, you'll actually meet people there(Its kind of hard to keep to yourself that night)

Usually within 30mins of being at the park, I have a riding partner or I've been invited to join a group.

• Like 2

I've been the past 2 years, which were the best 2 visits I've ever had at Kings Island. Crowds are so light that most rides are basically walk-ons (the only wait was for Firehawk, which I don't intend to ride ever again anyway) and the weather was great both times. Amusement parks are always more fun at night with all of the lights on. Can't wait!

• Like 4

I'm planning on attending this event for the first time this year and am excited since I hear nothing but good things about this night.

I think it's great Kings Island hosts such a unique event for people to come together in an environment that showcases acceptance and of course a love for coasters :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can't wait! Less than a week away!

Justaguy, I'll be your ride partner if you don't want to hang out alone!

I warn you though.

I will not ride Vortex more than once, ( I am already well over my 1 ride limit for this season.)

I do not ride Firehawk because the ride sucks. ( I will ride if everyone else wants to, but usually don't.)

Everything else I usually ride twice, then marathon Diamondback.