6-3-13 at Kings Island

coasterfanatic83

I took my 9 year old sister to the park today because I had been telling her for almost 2 years that I would and still hadn't gotten around to it. The crowd was typical of a summer day She had a great day, rode her favorite ride (Adventure Express) 3 times, and tried a new ride because she finally hit 54 inches, which was Flight of Fear! She loved it too! It was fun watching her drive her own bumper car for the first time too :)

A few notes from today, in my signature bullet-point fashion:

• Are there new wait time signs for rides? For example, Beast had a sign that looked like it had been themed uniquely to the ride. When did this start happening? Am I just oblivious?
  • In terms of Project 2014, it looked like there had been some dirt pushing and what not since last time I was there, but I couldn't really get a great look at it because my sister didn't want to go on Drop Tower or the Eiffel Tower. I couldn't tell ya if there was anything new or not. I did see a few maintenance trucks driving and blue shirts walking around back there today though!
  • The access road that goes around Flight of Fear has new signs on it, styled in the same fashion of the signs on the construction fence. You can see it from the top of Adventure Express's lift hill. They read "Go Slow, Construction Zone" or something along those lines. I could see 2 of them from Adventure Express. I don't think anybody had mentioned these yet, but I don't think they matter too much. Unless maybe the construction stretches all the way out there? I'm getting sidetracked, nevermind :)
  • It looks like Flight of Fear's building still has some damage on it like it did last year, but not nearly as severe. This is also visible from Adventure Express.
  • Remember, NO CAMPING!

Thanks for reading! If you have any questions or comments, feel free to ask!

• Like 5

It was fun watching her drive her own bumper car for the first time too :)

I trust you didn't make her cry? That poor kid from your trip report earlier this year...

On a related note, did they used to be faster? I recall some painful collisions in years past, though being younger could have been a factor.