Tomorrow is the day!

Snowblush

Tomorrow is our first day back to Kings Island in 6 years. I was just wondering if anyone had any last minute advice? It's 2 adults going and 2 kids. Ages 8 and 14. I am so excited. I just can't contain it so I'm posting a topic so I can get even more happy :) :)

• Like 2

unfortunately, it is supposed to rain tomorrow. That may not be terrible though, if 1) its short and not too severe, and 2) it drives down crowds and makes wait times short. An 8 year old getting to marathon The Beast? depending on the weather, you may get your chance.

As the 8 year old ever ridden a roller coaster before??? IIRC, in another thread you said he was excited. At any rate, you may want to ease him into it. Vortex sounds like a great idea, until you're staring straight at it. Of course on the flip side, some kids have no fear, until you start putting it in them; I'll never forget taking my niece (I believe she was 6 last season) on her first ride on The Beast last year. She had gone with us several times the prior season but didn't reach 48" until last year. I was half expecting her to back off as soon as we got up to the station, but rode it with no fear. When we got off, she looked over at Vortex and asked "what is that called?" I told her it was Vortex and she immediatly asked if we could ride that next. I asked if she was aware that Vortex went upside down several times. She looked at me and said "yeah", so away we went on her first Vortex ride. After dinner, she really wanted to ride drop zone, something I won't ride, but my wife loves. My wife was more than willing, but we talked about how my niece's mother was too scared to ride drop zone, how I didn't like it (I'm definently afraid of heights, but sitting in a coaster doesn't bother me) and all of a sudden, she became too chicken. So in other words, if they're willing to hope on something, know that its perfectly safe and don't plant that seed of doubt in their brain.

• Like 2

unfortunately, it is supposed to rain tomorrow. That may not be terrible though, if 1) its short and not too severe, and 2) it drives down crowds and makes wait times short. An 8 year old getting to marathon The Beast? depending on the weather, you may get your chance.

As the 8 year old ever ridden a roller coaster before??? IIRC, in another thread you said he was excited. At any rate, you may want to ease him into it. Vortex sounds like a great idea, until you're staring straight at it. Of course on the flip side, some kids have no fear, until you start putting it in them; I'll never forget taking my niece (I believe she was 6 last season) on her first ride on The Beast last year. She had gone with us several times the prior season but didn't reach 48" until last year. I was half expecting her to back off as soon as we got up to the station, but rode it with no fear. When we got off, she looked over at Vortex and asked "what is that called?" I told her it was Vortex and she immediatly asked if we could ride that next. I asked if she was aware that Vortex went upside down several times. She looked at me and said "yeah", so away we went on her first Vortex ride. After dinner, she really wanted to ride drop zone, something I won't ride, but my wife loves. My wife was more than willing, but we talked about how my niece's mother was too scared to ride drop zone, how I didn't like it (I'm definently afraid of heights, but sitting in a coaster doesn't bother me) and all of a sudden, she became too chicken. So in other words, if they're willing to hope on something, know that its perfectly safe and don't plant that seed of doubt in their brain.

He's ridden the roller coasters at the fair. nothing to major. But hes watched the POV videos on youtube and he seems pretty excited. He says he wants to try and ride The Beast and I'm hoping he likes it. I'm not sure if i'll get him on Vortex or not. He's given the green light on The Racer, AE, Top Gun, the water rides and all of the kid rides.

• Like 3

Terp carrying a phone at an amusement park?!

I was actually considering heading up there today, but 30kt NE winds in the marine forecast changed my mind. The wind should die down by late this afternoon. (Can't make it tomorrow, and I don't have a coaster club membership even if I could.)

• Like 2

Stuck inside the Coney Arcade. It's pouring.

We just left there. @FoF

Sorry we missed you at the Arcade! You must have gone out in that crazy heavy rain! We were attempting to avoid it.

I was the one who said "hi" to you after the Ed Alonzo show, with ohiocolts in the KIC shirt.

Great job in the show, by the way! Did he really throw that last knife? First time we've seen it.

• Like 1