Ed Alonzo psycho circus 2

RadioRiders

Hopefully to that magnitude too. I don't mind the park being family oriented. But having a few "adults only" kinda venues are very entertaining and satisfying to have imo.

Then you would have enjoyed the midget wrestling the park hosted during Haunt 2010 and 2011. It was entertaining to say the least and more than a bit raunchy. Def R-rated. If I were rating Alonzo's sho, I'd give it a PG..fairly tame...that said, I am looking forward to seeing what he will do for Haunt.

• Like 1

Being a girl I thought it was inappropriate

I appreciate this post.

Last year a few of us 30-something families took our kids to what was billed a "family" show at the park. Having owned season passes for 18 of the past 26 years (yes I calculated)- it was the ONLY show I walked out of. TOTALLY inappropriate for kids. Ed, on his own was.... OK- the jokes were off-color and somewhat stale (to me anyway)- but the side shows/dancers.... was more than I could handle. What's odd is that when our group of 3 families left, the door attendant seemed to know why and said that families leaving during that particular show seemed rather common.

I have 7 and 4 year old daughters and not really ready to explain pole dancing and lack of clothing to them. I did get what I thought was a personal response about our "concern" stating that he was available to speak by email, phone, or in person. Of course when I tried to take him up on the offer the inbox returned empty.

• Like 2

To counter that post, methinks thou doth protest too much. The show is billed as a 'psycho circus of magic and mayhem'. All magic shows use assistants (women) who are scantily dressed..it's to divert you from what the magician is doing. I don't think ed's dancers are clothed inappropriately at all. They look more on the lines of burlesque dancers. Now, of course the park could post a disclaimer at the theatre saying the show is intended for mature audiences only, instead of a sign saying smoke effects are used. I would have no problems taking my kids to see his show..goodness knows they've probably seen or heard worse at school or home.

• Like 5

For those inclined, you may want to seek out a series of tv specials from a few years back called 'Magic's Biggest Secrets Revealed' where a 'masked magician' (so as not to reveal his identity) performs some popular illusions/tricks, followed by a narrator breaking down each trick in detail as to how it's done with the help of the magician, who never speaks. The girl in a box trick is one such trick featured. Of course there are those of us who just like magic and would prefer not to know how things are done!

• Like 2

It's not as good as last year's, in my humble opinion, but last year's show as hard to top. I have reallty enjoyed the show and have seen it several times already. Can't wait to have a private Q&A with Alonzo for KIC Day in a few weeks.

I agree....Don't get me wrong, but it wasn't a show I would run back to see again.

For those inclined, you may want to seek out a series of tv specials from a few years back called 'Magic's Biggest Secrets Revealed' where a 'masked magician' (so as not to reveal his identity) performs some popular illusions/tricks, followed by a narrator breaking down each trick in detail as to how it's done with the help of the magician, who never speaks. The girl in a box trick is one such trick featured. Of course there are those of us who just like magic and would prefer not to know how things are done!

Mrs. Gator and I watched those specials when they first aired. It's been years, so I don't remember a lot of the secrets. The only thing that stuck with us was the narrator (Mitch Pileggi of The X-Files fame) saying for quite a few tricks "And yet, another dance." Mrs. Gator and I quote that line to this day whenever there's a dance during a magic show.

• Like 3

How on earth did Ed Alonzo get away with saying he "sharted" in the video at the beginning?

I laughed so hard when I heard that. It's not like he said he down right sh*t his pants. I meant sharted is close to farted, which most kids know what the later means so I don't think it's a huge deal.

• Like 1

Mrs. Gator and I watched those specials when they first aired. It's been years, so I don't remember a lot of the secrets. The only thing that stuck with us was the narrator (Mitch Pileggi of The X-Files fame) saying for quite a few tricks "And yet, another dance." Mrs. Gator and I quote that line to this day whenever there's a dance during a magic show.

I think that, too, and in his voice.

It doesn't matter so much to me that I know how some of the tricks are done, I still like magic shows, and like when there's an innovative way to present them. Given the space and stage Ed Alonzo has, he has a really interesting fun show. I'm glad he's going to be at the Haunt, his show has that fun/spooky vibe to it.

• Like 2

Or Penn and Teller reveal how they do their tricks.

I've seen P and T in Vegas and Penn does indeed spell out how the trick is done..however, it doesn't mean that we can duplicate it! I for one would rather not attempt the magic bullet trick! After the show they stayed outside the theatre for autographs/pics for about 15 mins, which I thought was cool.

• Like 2