Ed Alonzo psycho circus 2

RadioRiders

I talked to Ed Alonzo tonight after everyone left his show and he said Halloween was going to be more edgy and I asked him what he meant and he said " Im going to say things people are thinking"! That was that! I like this guy a lot and I took that as leave the kids at home during haunt, I do anyways except on Sundays when the kids have fun over in Soak City. The wife and I will have to see a show on a Saturday during haunt, we like edgy as long as the kids are at home!

• Like 5

I think the show is fine for HAUNT but not the best use of the entertainment dept dolars for a main season show. I think its inappropriate for young kids and should possibly have a PG note for parents. I dont think its anything you wouldnt see in a PG movie, but its disappointing that its one of the MAIN STAGE shows for the whole season. I would rather see something that is better use of the theatre - move this to a smaller venue in the Coney section - thematically (LIKE Kings Island CARES ABOUT THAT) it fits better

And if that show is inappropriate for your children, then so is Kings Island. On any given day at the park, you will see and hear far more risqué things in the park--by, out of the mouths of and in the physical appearances of other guests.

This is, by far, the best show Kings Island has had in many years. If it doesn't meet your standards for decency, I submit that says far more about you than the show.

Some of us are weary of the continual barrage of musical revues and/or ice shows.

If you don't like Ed, fine. Just don't go to the show. If you find yourself in it and don't like it, quietly leave. That's your right and your privilege. Those of us who adore the show need to do what you should do--drop by GR and tell them!

• Like 11

I waited after the show and met him. What a nice guy! I'm 31, but still asked for an autographed card hahaha. I stopped by GR after, and filled out a form saying wonderful things about him, and the show. I never would've thought about doing that, so thanks for the advice.

The first time I saw that the Houdini trick was busted. Turns out he improvised a silly trick that involved guests. This time the trick worked. I really thought it being broken was part of the show. What a pro!

• Like 4

You are so right...what a pro! And that's what makes his show so good. He's been doing this for a long time, and it shows. The moments where he improvises cracks me up, and no matter how many times my 9 and 13 year old see the balloon swallowing bit...they laugh until the cry.

You can tell he loves performing. And he takes care of his cast, those girls who dance/assist him are celebrated for what they do. I hope Ed stays for years to come, great choice by the park.

• Like 3

I think the show is fine for HAUNT but not the best use of the entertainment dept dolars for a main season show. I think its inappropriate for young kids and should possibly have a PG note for parents. I dont think its anything you wouldnt see in a PG movie, but its disappointing that its one of the MAIN STAGE shows for the whole season. I would rather see something that is better use of the theatre - move this to a smaller venue in the Coney section - thematically (LIKE Kings Island CARES ABOUT THAT) it fits better

then if I were you I would avoid Soak City...girls over there wear even less! and seriously KI has enough musical reviews! I hope psycho circus stays around (:

• Like 4

Watched the show again last night. If you really watch what you're not supposed to be watching, you can really see how most tricks work btw. Also as for music soundhound didn't pick anything up so I'll have to try again

My ability to remember lyrics and then google them later helped me to learn that the opening number is "New Born" by Muse.

• Like 2

Watched the show again last night. If you really watch what you're not supposed to be watching, you can really see how most tricks work btw. Also as for music soundhound didn't pick anything up so I'll have to try again

My ability to remember lyrics and then google them later helped me to learn that the opening number is "New Born" by Muse.

Some other songs are:

Edge of the mirror by Emme Rose

and

Scream n shout by Britney Spears/Will.i.am for those interested. I miss Barbra streisand, Nightmare to Remember and Bangarang, lol. To those who don't like the show now, you are probably better off staying away from the Haunt show. Personally loved seeing his Knott's shows over the last few years when I go out there, look forward to what he does at KI for this year.

• Like 1

That's exactly how I found out that the opening number from last year was Nightmare to Remember by Dream Theater. For years, a few friends had told me that I would love Dream Theater, but I never sought them out. After hearing that song in Ed's show, I did seek them out and those friends were right, they're now one of my favorite bands! I should have listened to their advice earlier...

• Like 4