Larosas different at the park?

CharleyTheDinosaur

I think it's different too. Personally the stuff in the park reminds me of Chucky Cheese. I'm not a fan of either in the park or out. The last time we had it in the Festhaus a few weeks ago it was so over baked it was just shy of burnt. Really none of the food in the park seemed decent that day, and it was a Sunday at lunch time so it's not like the park was dead.

I liked LaRosas at Kings Island in the 1980's. It was so much better than today, but like most big chains they get cheaper and smaller products as the years pass. Donatos pizza and subs are the worst, was my favorite growing up and now there product is garbage. Pizza is nothing what it was and the Big Don sub is half the size and taste is nothing compared to two decades ago.

The pepperoni lives under the cheese outside the park.

Cedar Point has excellent pizza. And unlike LaRosa's at Kings Island, it isn't typically overcooked. It's high time Kings Island LaRosa's switched to conveyor belt ovens.

Also, one slice of Cedar Point pizza is bigger than two of KI LaRosa's.

• Like 2

Even though they use the same sauce at the park and at the restaurants, I think the pizza is better at the restaurants. They use fresh dough and it is not frozen, use more pepperoni and the there is more cheese and the cheese is on top of the toppings. Just count the number of pepperoni slices on the pizza at both the park and at the restaurants and see the difference. But this is only my opinion,

• Like 1

As a life-long Cincinnatian, I will say (in my personal opinion) that the LaRosa's food inside the park pales vastly in comparison to what comes from the restaurants. The pizza sauce tastes similar, perhaps a little better outside the park, but the food in general is prepared much better outside the park. Also, LaRosa's has a great menu outside their pizza. Their hoagies and calzones are awesome.

Also keep in mind I'm a west-sider, so I frequent the Boudinot store (aka, the original and THE best location IMO) a lot, which is a lot to live up to.

Of course, being a UC student, I can attest that LaRosa's still falls short of quite a few stores in the area.

silver2005, now craving Pomodori's and Adriatico's.

• Like 2

We've noticed a difference outside the park vs. inside. My sister, who worked in Food at KI for many years, swears the difference is because the crust in the park is frozen. She prefers LaRosa's inside the park, I prefer outside but inside isn't half bad most of the time, as long as it hasn't been sitting there forever. I practically lived on the pizza in the park the summers of '90 & '91. There were many a time when all I would have to eat the whole day were two slices from the employee cafeteria while on break.

• Like 2

I dislike LaRosas Pizza in general, but inside the park is in no way similar to outside.

Also, Kings Island skyline is laughably bad compared to a regular skyline.

I don't get why those local companies let that happen. At least Graeters is still Graeters both inside and outside the park gate.

• Like 4

I used to think that inside the park was better, but I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because it smells great when walking by one at KI, there are coasters all around and you pay so much for it that your brains says that it NEEDS to be good for you to feel like you got your money's worth.

We have a LaRosa's around the corner from me in Kettering and it is great and a lot cheaper, though I still have that soft spot for KI's and I don't know why.

If I was in quality control at LaRosa's, I would see to it that the pizza served at the park is the same pizza served at the restaurants. It will have the same number of toppings, sauce, cheese would be on top of the toppings. If you were to order a pepperoni pizza at the restaurant, it would or should be the same at the park.

Inside the park is the only way I eat Larosas anymore. When I get it from any of their restaurants it tastes disgusting. I think the sauce is different. I would rather get Papa Johns or even Little Caesars than get Larosas from one of their restaurant locations. Most people I know agree that it's better inside the park.

I wonder if any other pizza chains have ever tried to bid to be the official pizza inside the park? Would anyone like to see Papa John's, Donato's, Pizza Hut or any other well known national or local chain submit a bid to be the official pizza inside the park?

Of course the pizza at the restuarants is much more reasonably priced-you can get a large two topper for $11.99 which is about half the price for a large pepperoni at the park.

Secondly, the restuarants are more generous as far as putting toppings on the pizza.