Larosas different at the park?

CharleyTheDinosaur

I wonder if any other pizza chains have ever tried to bid to be the official pizza inside the park? Would anyone like to see Papa John's, Donato's, Pizza Hut or any other well known national or local chain submit a bid to be the official pizza inside the park?

Absolutely not! Kings Island is a Cincinnati business and needs to keep the Cincinnati food within it.

Would a Dayton chain be okay? Give me Marion's (dine-in) or Cousin Vinny's (delivery) anytime. The former even has a restaurant in Mason now.

• Like 1

I ate at RT LaRosa's today. It was pretty mediocre. I think it's better outside of the park... especially things like the bread sticks that had a nearly insulting have crescent of cheese on each piece. It's nothing like the true product.

However, some things have greatly improved over the past several years. I'd eat at the Reds HOF Grille even if it weren't in the park, I love Hank's Burrito Shack, Skyline is still a little hit or miss but I still think that the average product you get is a little better than in years past (and a closer reflection of the true product), the turkey legs if and only if they're got off the grill are excellent too.

I think the pepperoni is crispier and the pizza is better all around. But honestly, I never, ever, ever go to/order LaRosas outside of KI. Last time I did was when I got free pizza from a Reds game. Not hatin' just go to different places to eat.

I wonder if Buddy LaRosa ate the pizza at the park and then ate the same pizza at one of his restaurants, if he would ensure that both slices of pizza were the same at both locations? You would think if it was to carry his name, it would be made the same way with the same number of toppings at both locations. Naturally the only difference should only be the price of the product.

I wonder if Buddy LaRosa ate the pizza at the park and then ate the same pizza at one of his restaurants, if he would ensure that both slices of pizza were the same at both locations? You would think if it was to carry his name, it would be made the same way with the same number of toppings at both locations. Naturally the only difference should only be the price of the product.

I don't think one can expect a pizza at the park, considering how its mass preparred to taste the same as one made 'fresh' at a franchised store. I'm sure the LaRosa family realizes the downgrade based upon the limitations and is willing to "live with it". However, with that said, there is no reason why the pizza at KI can't be better, shouldn't be better. Its clearly an inferior product, I'd call it edible, but overall the food at KI isn't all that great (I haven't been to the Reds HOF grille, which is getting great reviews); its an area that I hope Mr O is looking to improve upon, given the reputation of Disney's culinary offerings. If the Reds HOF grille, and the reviews I've seen are a preview of what we can expect down the road, then I think its heading in a great direction. I'll add that Auntie Ann's is a great addition, we've had it each of the last 2 trips to the park, pretzels were fresh and excellant; considering how freshly they were made (I had to wait a couple of minutes for them to make them the 1st time as they were in a rush, which I was OK with) they were actually the best Auntie Ann's I've ever had.

Great topic. For me, KI LaRosa's is a slice of nostalgia. I loved eating it as a kid, though I could never remember the name of it.

It was KI to me (along with Smurf Ice Cream, those heavenly fresh thick-cut french fries and those delicious thirst-quenching plastic Fred Flintstone-shaped juice containers they sold in carts on your way out of the park at night. Yes, I'm a Child of the '80s).

A few years ago during a non-KI visit to Cincinnati, I ate at a real LaRosa's. I thought it tasted different, but was still happy to be eating at one.

And then they opened one about an hour from where I live. We visit it about once a year. It still doesn't taste the same as KI LaRosa's, though. I thought I was just getting the wrong kind of crust. But it makes sense that KI LaRosa's is more mass produced.

Still, nostalgia!

And now this topic makes me want a slice ... or three. :)

• Like 1